Smashbox Master's Class Expert Eyes Kit

No Image

4.7

on 7/14/2008 10:49:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

This kit is fantastic! The price is great for what you get- two full-size eyeshadow trios, three brushes, a full-size tube of mascara, and a pot of eyeliner. The instructions were very clear and easy to follow. I don't wear eyeshadow/eyeliner too often, but I want to look like I know what I'm doing when I do wear it. This kit fits the bill perfectly. I use the pretty eyes look more often. Depending on how heavy a hand you use, this can be a day look or an evening look. The quality of the shadows is good, I do not use primer and they stayed very well on my eyelids, whereas most eyeshadows crease quickly. The eyeliner was easy to use because of the angled brush. The mascara was just so-so but worked OK. If I ever run out of any of the products (unlikely given how often I wear them) I would probably just buy the pretty eyes colors but that's a matter of personal preference. Recommend this to anyone who wants to get the hang of the smokey eye!!

on 4/6/2008 8:32:00 PM

I LOVEEEEEEEEEE this kit! my favourite has got to be the pretty eyes, I've been using it soo much lately that I'm almost out of the light coloured highlighter. I definitely recommend this product as it is soo versatile you can use the pretty eyes day or night and the smokey eyes at night and it's worth the price as it comes with brushes mascara eye liner and the two eyeshadow trios. Love it!

You get three brushes with this set. I just think that's awesome; more companies should do that.

The two e/s trios are colors anyone could wear; either combined or on their own. I love to use the darker shades as liners. But, also included is a black/brown cream liner duo! Not too crazy about the brush in the mascara, but the product itself is good. Have not watched the DVD yet. But overall, this was a great deal, just for the brushes alone, which are quality items. I'm becoming a Smashbox addict!

I am so glad I've bought this! The eye gel liner is great and am really liking the fact that this product included the brushes. So far I've only tried the 'pretty eyes'. The colors are great together and it really did bring out my eyes. I am waiting for a night to try the 'smokey eyes'. This is the best!

I personally like Vol.2 better than this one.

1) the eye-shadow is too loose, easy to dirty up my pallete. I barely use the pretty eye set. The smokey eye set makes my eyes look tired >..<)

i wouldn't buy this product again, BUT! it's def. a great deal, should try it out and see if it suits you or not. continued >>

on 12/27/2007 8:34:00 PM

I got this as a Christmas present & love it! The set was very well priced, esp for everything you receive, & high quality. The DVD was short, but easy to follow. If they make any more of these Master's Class sets I will be sure to buy them!

PICTURES! Please press "continued" to view

My General Appearance:

I am oriental Asian with light-medium skin and yellow undertones matching MAC NC20/30, brown eyes and dark brown hair.

Set Includes:

Set includes: Eye Shadow Trio in Smoky Eyes (champagne/ plum/ deep brown), Eye Shadow Trio in Pretty Eyes (light beige shimmer/ peachy pink/ dove gray), Cream Eye Liner Duo in Midnight Brown/Blue Black,That's A Wrap Mascara in Black, Definer Brush #15, Crease Brush #10, and Arched Liner Brush #21. Check out the instructional DVD led by Smashbox makeup artist, Patrick Tumey, for exclusive tips & tricks!

My Thoughts:
Wow, wow WOW! I apologize for the excess enthusiasm, but I really do love this product. First off, the instructions are easy to follow and by doing so, or tweaking a little here and there, you are able to create that perfect make-upped eye in a few minutes. The pretty eye is a little harder to achieve than many think. It involves makeup that is applied just so much as to enhance the eye, while still looking very natural. The pretty eyeshadow trio has two very neutral and slightly shimmery shades for blending and a greyish shade for defining. The eyeshadows, brown cream eyeliner and mascara meld perfectly to get a simple, yet stunning look. The mascara is a good mascara slightly smudging at the end of the day, but making your eyes pop thoughout. The smoky eye makeup is fun and easy as well. The brown and plummy shades perk up and complement my brown eyes amazingly. The consistency of the shadows is fab! It is silky, goes on and stays on (I use Urban Decay Primer Potion too.)The cream liners allow you to smudge them within the first 20-30 seconds of application then dry to keep in place for the day. The brushes are amazing as well. The arched eyeliner brush is a genius invention. The bent shape allows you to line your eyes without sticking your elbows up in the air. The crease brush (15) is great for blending. The larger crease brush is a little too large for me. It kinda acts more like a tiny blush brush than an eyeshadow blush, but it seems to do the job, and that is all that matters.

Price:
The set comes with three full-sized brushes, instructional DVD and mascara as well. What a bargain for only $59! The brushes separately cost more than the whole set.

Now for what you've been waiting for, the pictures! I kind of went a little overboard so there are kind of a lot of them. :P

Whole Set minus the DVD

Pretty Eye Eyeshadow Trio:

Smoky Eye Eyeshadow Set:

continued >>

on 10/8/2007 11:28:00 PM

Wow this product is really great. I was iffy on the price at first, but it comes with two regular sized eye trios, a double cream eye liner, full sized mascara, 3 brushes, and a DVD. The colors look really great and last quite a while since I live in humid weather. I like both looks and they are easily changed to better suit your lifestyle and the look you want. I would buy again!! LOVE smashbox!

on 9/23/2007 9:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This is a good kit from Smashbox, although the DVD plays over and over again. I have a love/hate relationship with this kit. The DVD explains how to create smokey eyes and pretty eyes. The pretty eyes looked okay. I wish it had an extra for creating cat eyes. The price was $59 (excluding sales tax). It comes with 2 e/s trio, 1 liner duo, 3 brushes, 1 mascara, and 1 DVD. It's an okay product, but not the best.