3.4

package quality

price range

Reviews

3 years ago

I have over-shoulder length medium thick and qute dry hair. I really wanted to like this shampoo and I have to say I fell for it after I had a sample size and my hair looked really good after using it twice. So I bought the original size which is quite on the pricey side. And then the letdown. After 5-6 times using it, my hair got ever dryer and more frizzy. I couldn't have done without a conditioner and serum after washing. My scalp also got quite dry and I also noticed that my hair got greasy within 12 hours - which is not normal for me as I normally wash my hair every 2-3 days and I don't have greasy hair. So, I guess when I tried the sample size, my hair was still nourished from my shampoo I used before so the trial use of John Masters gave me a wrong impression. When I started using it regularly the pre-nourishing effect wore off and I saw the the JM product just really dried out my hair and scalp, made my hair greasy and tangly. A pro is the really lovely scent of the shampoo but that doesn't help anything as with the many severe cons this shampoo has plus the high price tag.

About reviewer (118 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

EyesHazel

4 years ago

Not my favorite sulfate-free shampoo. This left my hair feeling stripped and squeaky clean. The shampoo contains soy and wheat protein, vitamin b5 and a host of herbal extracts. I did not notice anything beneficial about this shampoo for my hair.

About reviewer (3077 reviews)

Age44-55

HairOther, Straight, Fine

EyesOther

4 years ago

Smells lovely like lavender and cleans deeply. It can also leave my hair shiny, but stripped. I definitely have to follow with a moisturizing conditioner. I want to like this but my hair does not do well with it. My hair felt very fly -away after. Would not repurchase

About reviewer (2203 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinOily, Medium, Cool

HairBrunette, Curly, Medium

5 years ago

I was right on the verge of getting rid of this shampoo when I noticed "Shake Well" in the instructions for the first time. I decided to give it one more chance, and sure enough I got better lather and cleaner hair. It did not become a big favorite or anything, but it gets high marks for being non-toxic and it works plenty well enough for me to put it in rotation. (My weird favorite combo is actually John Masters Citrus Neroli creme rinse with Theraneem shampoo.)

About reviewer (73 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinSensitive, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

EyesHazel

5 years ago

I tried a small travel size of this shampoo after being on a hunt for sulfate free shampoos as I believe I'm allergic to them. Sulfates give my scalp dandruff. Well I tried this couple of times and unfortunately it did not agree with my scalp either. Although it did leave my hair soft and silky, it made my scalp itch and it gave me some dandruff (less than with zinc and sage shampoo). I think this is because my hair is not fine with oily roots but fine with dry sensitive scalp and it does dry out hair. I wouldn't buy this again but I will use the travel size bottle I got as this shampoo is not so bad afterwards. Probably would be excellent with someone with oily hair.

About reviewer (32 reviews)

Age30-35

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

6 years ago

I was on a hunt for a cheaper alternative for my beloved Rahua Voluminous shampoo which is quite hard to get hold of. There's only one store that sells it and it's about a 45 minute drive there. So I ventured off to Whole Foods and this line caught my eye. The most important thing to me is that the ingredients are as natural/organic as it can be as well as not weighing down my already flat hair. Upon trying this, I find that my hair doesn't feel that clean. I brushed it off and continued using it since I didn't want to waste it. It doesn't weigh my hair down but I noticed it was making my hair get oily faster than usual. I also wasn't fond of the scent either. My scalp became quite itchy as well but I decided to finish it up before trying anything else.

About reviewer (172 reviews)

Age19-24

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

from

6 years ago

I really wanted to like this shampoo as I heard so many great things about it. Needless to say, I was very disappointed that it made my scalp itch. I had to massage argan oil onto the scalp and sleep with it overnight to stop the itchiness. Luckily, I was able to return it to Wholefoods.

About reviewer (33 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination

HairBlack

6 years ago

I've been using this shampoo for 3 months, it does a good job cleaning my scalp and colour treated hair without stripping or over drying it. Lathers up well and rinses out quickly. This shampoo is organic and is more expensive than many commercial brands, but seems comparable in price to many salon products.

About reviewer (32 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

7 years ago

this is the best shampoo I've ever tried, I have thick hair and a lot of shampoos react badly to my hair but this is the only thing that works. The bad thing about it is, that it doesn't lather very well, it costs to much for a small bottle and it doesn't last very long if you use it everyday.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

from

7 years ago

I like the dark color of the formula and the smell but my oily and fine hair gets greasy fairly quickly after using it. I really wanted to like it, but I don't especially given the price.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

Age