China Glaze Patent Leather Top Coat

No Image

2.7

on 6/4/2018 2:14:00 PM

I bought it because I like China Glaze, but this top coat takes forever to dry.
Last time, I put it on at 4 pm, went to bed at 4 am, and I woke up with sheet marks, so my nails were completely ruined!
Not happy at all with this one.

on 9/9/2014 9:17:00 AM

I don't understand some of the bad reviews for this product. I received it yesterday via mail (and no postage charged!!!); as I can't find it in any stores-even those who do sell China Glaze nail products (Sally's is one!). I found this top coat to dry faster than any other top coat I have ever used! Less than 4 minutes after I applied it, it was dry! I do like the shine-just about one of the shiniest I have used. I have purchased many 'shiny' top coats and this ranks within the top 3! I have been on a quest for years to find the shiniest top coat I can!!
Maybe the Patent Leather topcoat some of you purchased was 'old'? Did you store it in the refrigerator? I can't say anything negative about this. I wish I had ordered another bottle. Hopefully the distributor will have more when I reorder.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I purchased this nail polish on a whim because it was on sale at Target. After reading the reviews, I can't say I fully agree with most of them. This topcoat does take a while to dry, however, I like to paint my nails and then wait an hour or sometimes 2 before applying the topcoat. This way it only takes maximum 15 minutes to dry. I like this topcoat a lot because it makes your nails SO glossy. Definitely worth the buy!

on 4/17/2013 3:28:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I bought this product because I wanted super shiny nails. After using the product and then reading the reviews, I'm very suprised! I applied on top of China Glaze Not In This Galaxy. My first thought was that it must double as a quick dry as well as a top coat because my nails were dry in record time! No bubbling at all. My nails also have a nice sheen to them.

on 4/4/2013 6:20:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I haven't had the bubbling issue others have but this top coat doesn't last and doesn't dry rock hard. I didn't notice any extra shine which was the main reason I tried this top coat. I use the China Glaze no-chip top coat which I find gets good results.

Worst top coat I ever used in my life!!!!! I read the reviews on here and so they were all bad but decided to try it anyway ...can u say mistake. I painted my nails with opi did it on em at around 5 it is now 9 and I if I touch my nail it leaves a dent mark. I have used la colors top coat before this and it works 10x Better and it was one dollar. Gonna keep using that until I get seche vite. Overall if u wanna waste 8 dollars and lose ur patience and ruin your manicure this is the top coat for u. (sarcasm intended)

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I am very suprised at all the negative reviews! I absolutely love this top coat. it doesnt bubble at all, dries incredibly fast, and is soooo shiny. it actually looks like its still wet when its dry. all the other people who had bad results probably got a bad bottle or something.

*EDIT*
After a while, this top coat got verrrrry thick and stringy and was hard to use, but this happens to every top coat after a while. Just fixed this with a bit of polish thinner.
Still a great top coat ;D

on 11/8/2010 12:05:00 PM

I had high expectation from China Glaze, but was thoroughly disappointed. This took close to an hour to dry, and the shine pay off was not that great. I guess I was used to the fast drying time and shininess of Seche Vite that I thought this would be the same if not better. After 4 days of wear, I can still make dents in my nail. Its like the top coat is still kinda gummy for some reason.
Really not worth the money even if it is on sale.

on 3/14/2009 2:13:00 PM

This bubbled like CRAZY. Yes, it does dry shiny and somewhat reflective in some lighting, the bubbles disrupt the beauty of the glossiness. It dries slowwwww. I did a mani with this 8 hours before I went to sleep, and I woke up with sheet marks. Will not buy this again.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I really like this top coat. It's not thick. It dries quickly. It provides excellent shine. I will probably buy this again.

Popular Top/Base Coats