RIMMEL Hide the Blemish

Filtered by age: 36-43
RIMMEL Hide the Blemish
Hide the BlemishHide the Blemish

3.5

ISOPROPYL PALMITATE, CETEARYL ETHYLHEXANOATE, TALC, OZOKERITE, POLYETHYLENE, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, PARAFFIN, POLYISOBUTENE, CERA MICROCRISTALLINA/MICROCRYSTALLINE WAX/CIRE MICROCRISTALLINE, SILICA, VP/EICOSENE COPOLYMER, ZEA MAYS (CORN) STARCH, LECITHIN,SORBITAN SESQUIOLEATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, METHYLPARABEN,TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, BUTYLPARABEN, ETHYLPARABEN, ISOBUTYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN [May Contain/Peut Contenir/ /-: TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), BARIUM SULFATE (CI 77120),

This is a very good concealer if you use the right tools! Use a small foundation brush to apply and blend - works a treat!

on 3/26/2013 6:36:00 PM

Ughhhh. This stuff left me soooooo greasy. It seperated after an hour of wear and left patches of no coverage. I can't recommend. I was excited to try it because I like the packaging. I love the ease of a stick concealer and the color looked perfect. I got the honey shade. In the package it looked like a good match but on my skin it was too orange. This wasn't expensive but.....another $6 wasted.

This conceals all flaws, I use it under smashbox foundation and it lasts even in Floridas heat humidity and water activies(water parks beaches etc)

This is now my go-to dark circles concealer. I hate creamy concealer for actual "blemishes" (pimples), but they've discontinued my powder concealer so I've been using this for that as well. It just doesn't have the sticking power for those oily patches. However, it does do a great job on the undereye area. The lightest shade works for me; it's yellow-based so really counteracts that deep purple undereye colour. It does require moisturizing beforehand (but it's my eye area; of course I moisturize there!) and a very light touch. A little goes a long way. For *eyes* I find this comparable to MAC Studio Finish, for much less money. The clear cap on the tube always cracks and breaks, however, so it's a pain for travel. I'm always taping it or putting an elastic around it.

I have this in ivory, thinking it would be a great match for my skin, but it is a bit too light. Oh, well. I can still make it work, just wish colors were more accurate! It is a thick stick, but it goes on in a thin layer, so I do have to tap a bit on. I guess we have to tap concealers on, because I've had to do that with EVERY one I've used! Hey, it works! In fact, this works better than the Cover Girl's stick(TOO oily, melted, broke me out)and Maybelline's stick(TOO thick, not blendable, broke me out). It actually covers well and I can get some pretty nasty acne bumps! Stays put, also(well, with Rimmel's Stay Matte!). The reason for a 3? I have to slap quite a bit on for it to cover and it is lighter than other sticks I've used. Also, it is thick, so it's a bit hard to get on my concealer brush. NOT a bad concealer at all. I'll stick to this until I can find anything better. Using this, along with their Clean Finish foundation and Stay Matte powder, looks a bit too light, so I throw on a bit of bronzer. Color selection is a bit light. Update: I first apply my foundation THEN the concealer, so it's not so obvious. WORKS, but the color is STILL light! The more I use this, the more I notice that it really doesn't cover the dark corners of my eyes too well at all. I find this works best for slight blemishes(WHAT are those???)and redness. Anything major? GOOD LUCK! And because it is too light, I mix it in with my foundation(I think the foundation works better as a concealer and the concealer as a foundation!). JUNK! I got so tired of "trying" to make this work, that I have finally given up! Seriously! The clean foundation works a helluva a lot better than this piece of crap! And their colors are TOO light! And I'm light! Bumped it to a big FAT zero. Well, a one, cuz this thing won't allow me to! But I would if I could! Anyway, finally tossed this crap out!

on 2/5/2011 9:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

i bought this in ivory and i find it a way too light. it blends out too much as well. if i was going to buy it again, i would go for a darker tone. i thought ivory would work as i use rimmel in ivory 100

on 8/8/2010 10:34:00 AM

There are plenty of ingredients here that could aggravate breakouts. So I wouldn't suggest this for active acne unless you're using it on a special occasion, one-day cover kind of situation. *BUT* for my now 40-ish, combination skin, this was a really good, inexpensive DS find. If you sort reviews by age, you'll see the other mature ladies agree with me. When I ran out of StudioStick + needed something to hold me over until I could get to MAC, I searched the DS shelves. This concealer comes in 4 shades. Cost is under $4. I prefer the texture vs. MaxFactor. While it is emollient, it has a psuedo-matte finish. I'm NW20 and I use 105 (the darkest shade) under my eyes ala Eve Pearl's salmon concealer method (see video for technique here,

). Then I use shade 103 everywhere else. I pat with a taklon brush b/c fingers seem to take off too much product. Damp sponge under eyes to get that just-right finish. IMO, applied with the RIGHT TOOLS, and for a combination or dry skin type, this is a very good cream concealer. Will repurchase.

on 11/20/2009 11:36:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I have been using this concealer for about 1 year now and Love IT! It works great under my mineral make-up foundation and doesn't rub off like most of the ones I have tried in the past. I mostly use it to cover my brown age spots on my face. It has a smooth and creamy texture and can be used as a base for eye shadow and lips too. The only problem I have encountered is that it is really hard to find my color in the stores. However, it is affordable at around $5 and I also like how it is packaged like a lipstick.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I had run out of my HG MAC Studio Stick concealer. The pocket book being a little low, I purchased this in Neutral on a whim for 5 bucks.My goodness, this is a great little concealer. It hides blemishes well, and blends in perfectly on my skin. I do not have dark circles under my eyes, so I cannot review that aspect of this product. But this stick does provide excellent coverage for the occasional zit and/or brown spot. A good bang for you buck! Highly recommend.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is cheap, easy and pleasant to use. It blends well, looks natural, doesn't drag or dry the skin since it is rather creamy. The coverage is good, too. What i would complain about is that it doesn't stay put, not even for a couple of hours ( and i don't have oily skin!). Plus it litterally melts, especially when it gets warm, and then collects in my lines. For this reason i don't use it around my eyes and keep it for winter days. I would never ever put this on before an evening out, because i think i would need a touch up every hour!