3.9

price range

Reviews

3.0

5 years ago

The company suddenly closed and went out of business the beginning of 2014. I had many products that I had loved including this foundation.

About reviewer (221 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinSensitive, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

7 years ago

I'm very oily, but this foundation still brushed on smoothly and evenly. No streaking or fading or pooling, even without primer. I didn't look made-up at all. This is a good foundation if you're looking for something that will make you look natural and pretty.

About reviewer (202 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairOther, Straight, Fine

3.0

9 years ago

I was choosing between Alima's and Lumiere's foundations and had chosen Alima's. This one is overall OK, but it's a bit clumpsy comparing to Alima and the fairest shades looks pale in the pan and kinda dark on skin. I couldn't get an even coverage, my face looked powdery and uneven, hello dusty peach effect. Not sure I used the right brush for it, just my plain powder brush with natural bristles, but Alima is more forgiving. Maybe I'll give it another chance in summer when my skin is not so dry.

About reviewer (55 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinNormal, Fair, Warm

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

9 years ago

Cashmere suits people whom have normal to dry skin and like creamy foundation. I really like this foundation and although I have switched to other brands, I am thinking of buying this again. I have really oily skin and find oil control a little lacking at the nose area. But the texture is really good.

About reviewer (137 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinVery Oily, Fair

HairBrown

9 years ago

I bought the 5 sample baggies thingy because it was my first time using mineral foundation and i didn't know which shade i was. found my perfect shade in medium light golden. love the way this makes me look like i'm not wearing any makeup at all but at the same time gives me a sort of glowy effect? i use it together with benefit high beam on my cheekbones. just bought 2 tubs of the full size cuz they were having an insanely cheap sale.

About reviewer (11 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

9 years ago

Having tested my Cashmere foundation samples in Light Medium Golden and Light Medium Warm over a period of 3 weeks, consistent wear, I have decided to ditch Everyday Minerals for this. First of all, colour match wise, both Warm and Golden are perfect for my light-medium Asian skintone (MAC NC25-30/C3, Alima W3, EDM Golden Light/Olive Golden Medium, Carmindy Your Skin Creamy Beige, RMK 103). I would say they are suitable for NC25-30. I am more of a 30 right now, and Light Medium is a smidge lighter. However, as I'm currently living in Hot & Humid Land, I'm going a little lighter to allow for oxidisation. Warm is not as pink/peach as Alima's Warm, and Golden is not that pure yellow shade that you see in Alima's Golden. I'd say both Lumiere's Golden and Warms are in between Alima's Warm and Golden, with maybe a touch more green in Golden. Both Lumiere's Golden and Warm are very yellow-based, so be aware if you are more neutral. Texture-wise, Cashmere is a very, very fine powder that goes on very smoothly and doesn't appear to cake significantly after a few hours of wear. I have combination skin with some dehydration and surface oiliness in my T-zone. I'm not sure this cuts shine (nor do I want to look completely matte). It's not shimmery like EDM semi-matte, but also not as matte as Alima, I feel. (Alima, while a nice, resilient formula with good coverage, has the tendency to make me look 10 years older!) Most importantly, this feels weightless on, and coverage is sheer but as with all minerals, very buildable. A 2nd or 3rd layer doesn't look cakey on me - however on EDM, I have to be careful because extra layers cake/look blotchy. I ended up purchasing Light Medium Warm, as it was a better match for me. There's not too much difference between Warm and Golden, I feel.

About reviewer (73 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

EyesBlack

from

10 years ago

After trying several brands, I've settled on cashmere. I like the coverage, and I don't have to mix n match to find a color that works for me (I use the lightest of the golden line). I apply dry but spritz afterwards to set it. It does settle in my chin crease a bit, but so does everything I try (no hope there, short of cosmetic surgery). It gets dewy, but never seems oily to me. The coverage is light to medium unless you really layer it on.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair

HairRed

10 years ago

Great foundation and it blends in realllllly nicely. Initially powdery though comes out creamy. I combine this one with the silk powder and both control the oil on my face great. Even after I've taken a nap, I look dewy, not like I've dunked my face in a pot of oil. Very impressed with the results =]

About reviewer (8 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

1.0
from

10 years ago

I did like the coverage, but I had the worse breakout ever in many, many years after using Cashmere. I only ordered Cashmere as some complained the other finishes containing oats caused breakouts. But I don't understand all the great reviews for Cashmere because it made me breakout too. I let my skin clear up and tried it again, and still I broke out. Also, I ordered the samples on sale for a penny, but shipping was $4.00. My samples arrived in an ordinary envelope with a .44 cent stamp. what a jip.

About reviewer (24 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

11 years ago

great product! does not give the sheen i hated from other mmu brands. i used it with EDM's flat top and it is beautiful. it has a whitish cast when you first put it on but as it melts into your skin, the colors gets better, will definately repurchase.

About reviewer (20 reviews)

SkinOily, Medium, Warm