NYX Powder Blush - Mocha

NYX Powder Blush - Mocha
image 1image 2image 3image 4

4.5

I really like this blush. The first one I purchased crumbled in it's compact pretty soon after I brought it home. I liked it enough to continue using it for a while. It was hard to get it on my brush evenly so I bought a second one-that's how much I liked it-the same thing happened. The product crumbled inside it's container. I'm still using it but looking for an alternative because chunky blush is difficult to work with.
Not sure why that keeps happening to me with this product. They were not dropped, none of my other products have done this, so I am looking for a new powdered blush with the same natural-looking color and silky texture.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is a really nice blush. The color is very pretty, just the right amount of pigment. It is not bright nor too strong of a color. It is like a reddish brown color.
Pros
Inexpensive
Lasts all day
A little goes a long way
Good quality
Good pigment
Feels great on your skin

Do I need to say more? Love it!

To Read all 59 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I picked this blush up while on vacation when I had to run to the drugstore to pick up some toiletries I had forgotten to pack. This was on sale for $5 so I decided to try it. I read reviews and thought it would be an overly pigmented cool toned pink which wouldn't work for me but I decided to try it anyways. I'm not sure if NYX/drugstore products can be inconsistent in quality or if this is a shade that just looks really different on different people, but this is extremely warm toned for me. It has a strong peachy tone and when on the cheeks it looks like a clear bright peachy pink. I am really glad I bought this because I usually either wear dusty rose or bronze/ginger colours, as I thought I looked better in muted brown based colours but this is my first bright clear blush and I'm hooked. It's not as pigmented as some of my mid end blushes which is nice for such a bright color. I sweep my brush across the product and press it onto my cheeks, sometimes once, sometimes twice.

Best value for money! The shade is so natural looking and quite pigmented! It stays for quite a long time and is my favourite everyday blush

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Nyx's powder blush in Mocha was my first blush. I recall purchasing this cute gem at CVS for about $4. I had heard that these powder blushes were a must have for your makeup bag, and they are! Although I never used blush before my purchase, I was nit picky over the color and tone. For reference, I am in NC40 in Mac. My eyes were set on a warm blush with brownish tones. Waltzing through the makeup aisle, I found this color, and I knew this was what I was looking for! When I first swatched it with my finger, I felt a smooth finely milled powder. I was impressed with the pigmentation, and it contained no annoying chunks of glitter! I use my elf small stippling brush to apply this blush, but I recently discovered that using the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush to apply Mocha gave me more precise application and a better glow/sheen to my cheeks! I've never been in love with such an amazing makeup product! I think it can look fabulous on anyone if applied correctly! :)

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Love this blush. It is the perfect fall color for my skin tone. It lasts for hours on me and I always get compliments when I wear it.

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Nope! Nope! Nope! Would never buy again and would never recommend this, which is a shame as its a very beautiful color. The problem? It seriously fades...not even fades...DISAPPEARS in an hour. I make sure to generously apply before work and then after a 30-minute drive it just vanishes, as if I never applied in the first place. What a waste!

Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral

The quality of NYX's blushes is fantastic. My first one was Dusty Rose but I found that it didn't quite suit my skintone (NC42) so I recently purchased this one because the warmer tones brightened up my face better. Overall, I find that this one looks so much more natural and I will definitely repurchase this in the future. The only complaint that I have is that the packaging is a little flimsy and will take a real beating even if you're only keeping it in your makeup bag. My last one's lid broke off only after a few months. But regardless, the inexpensive price makes up for it. Overall, it lasts for most of the day and the product itself will take a while to hit pan on even if you use it daily, a little goes a long way!

I love the formula on these blushes but the color is just meh for me. I'll definitely use it but it's not something I use all the time so not something I would repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Such a freaking gorgeous color!!! It is a very nice, matte texture, and applies very evenly. I find that I'm straying away from anything too shimmery lately, so I am especially happy about the matte factor. At first it went on very light, but I think that was because I started out with a clean brush, and the product tucked up into the bristles a little bit. But this blush is not lacking in pigment or color by any means, it can be easily built up to a very vibrant color. After a few hours, the color had faded a little bit, but I normally expect that of a powder blush. Just a little touch up and my cheeks were glowing again. I will definitely be keeping this, and using often. It gets my thumbs-up approval!

Popular Blush Products