Sonia Kashuk barely there loose powder in flesh

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Sonia Kashuk barely there loose powder in flesh

4.5

Naked & Flesh: Contains: Talc, Ethylene/Methacrylate Copolymer, Polyperfuoromethylisopropyl Ether, Calcium Stearate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Lauroyl Lysine, Sorbic Acid, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Butylparaben, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, BHT. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Carmine, Ultramarine Blue, Manganese Violet, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Bismuth Oxychloride, Chromium Oxide, Chromium Hydroxide, Red 30 Lake, Red 7 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This is a fantastic loose powder for being purchased at Target. Like other reviewers have stated, the packaging for this really sucks and the sifter is just inconvenient and messy. I read on another review to tape some of the holes in the sifter, in order to stop some of the powder from coming through, so I think I may have to try that. I'm NC25 for reference and was looking for a setting powder for tinted moisturizer and foundation. I have strong yellow undertones and I need something that will blend in with my yellow undertones. This product has both yellow and pink undertones, so it isn't perfect for me, but I do like the powder it self. It is finely milled and you don't need a lot to set. I don't think I will purchase this again, but for somebody else it would be perfect. I am still on the hunt for a very yellow setting powder. Will probably try Ben Nye banane powder next.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

this product was ok. it made my face look nice... UNDER my makeup. this powder is so finely milled that it just didnt supply enough converage. good as a base powder but not for actual foundation. it's basically a very sheer powder that will hide your pores mayve even out everything for the most part but it just didnt do it for me. i plan to use it up however. i will continue to use it as a base and from then i will search for something else.

on 2/15/2008 2:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This powder is the best powder I've used in all the loose powder; I've used BE, Urban Decay and L'oreal but this powder is the best. I don't know why people think this is expensive, it's a pretty good deal compare to BE plus it works great with my Asian yellow-toned skin and the powder is so lose, makes my skin looked flawless. I used this under my Estee Lauder concealer and it looked wonderful, but if I just use the loose powder by itself then it won't do anything, which is kinda wack. But I loved how it keeps my oil at bay, I could be sweating for about 4 hours and it still doesn't look nasty, just a little shine. Overall, great product, the container is just as big as BE so you can do your swirl and tap there and it doesn't get messy.

on 1/15/2008 5:20:00 PM

I bought this twice thinking that it could replace my Clinique loose powder which was my HG for years. I am giving this product three lippies because I think it performs very well for a DS product. However, I never was able to get a good color match with this. Flesh was the closest shade for me, but it still managed to be a bit too dark and a bit cakey which I don't understand since I'm an NC30. Also, though it is more finely milled than some other DS loose powders, I think Clinique is superior and more silky than this stuff.

There's something in this powder that also looks a bit chalky on me and which sometimes irritates my skin. So I'd have to say that HE works better for me...

Lastly, this container is messier than most, and I hate that. The puff is a joke, totally cheap and flimsy and so I don't use it at all...I have been using this powder again because I had found the second container that I had purchased, and I can't wait to get through this so that I don't look so chalky and fake...yuck! I'm trying LM next. If that rocks my world, it may replace Clinique as my HG...

on 12/22/2005 5:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

WOW! I stopped using this years ago, and have recently rediscovered this loose powder. It stops shine, is offered in a large container for an affordable price, and is finely milled. It doesn't cake and is translucent and perfect for my skin tone. I wished that her pressed powder was of the same high quality. Highly recommend!

Disappointed, as this did not work for me at all. The container itself was probably my main concern with this-if you ask me, it's very cheaply made. It left a huge mess all over my vanity. The coverage left me looking a bit shiny, and I was surprised to see that in the light it was also a bit shimmery! I have combo/oily/sensitive skin, and the last thing I'd expect from a basic loose powder is shimmer! I want matte coverage, not something that will add to an oil slick! For the price, you don't get a lot. I ended up swapping mine. I'm not a fan of SK makeup.

on 7/15/2005 9:50:00 PM

The reviewers were right. This is a great powder. Finely milled, non-irritating, great value for the money and the perfect shade for me. It also takes forever for me to finish one. However, I've noticed that the size is now smaller so it may not be as great of a deal as it used to be.

on 5/31/2005 1:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have oily medium Asian toned skin and this powder kept my difficult skin matte and but it didn't match my skin tone as well as i would have liked. This was my first time buying this brand and I am very satisfied with the results. I use the powder over my Bobbi Brown smooth skin foundation in Natural 04, which had the tendency to make me skin look shinny after a very hours.

on 3/26/2005 12:55:00 AM

This stuff is kind of expensive for low end and for the measly amount you get at $10 . . . but itís comparable to any high end loose powder. First off, Iíve never used a powder so finely milled and soft. It just disappears onto my face to set foundation and minimize shine. Secondly, itís a perfect skin tone match for a variety of tones. No chalkiness about it! And what I like is the ever-so-subtle touch of shimmer in the powder to add a realistic sheen to the face! I hate completely matte powders that impart a ďdoneĒ look on my face. When it comes to skin make up, I prefer realistic and light. I am glad to have bought this lovely product!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This powder is literally "lighter than air" and provides a gorgeous satiny finish. If coverage is what you're after, you probably won't be happy with this, but it does a great job of controlling oil while still looking natural. I have medium skin with golden tones (NC 30) and this powder blends beautifully and "disappears" on my face (a definite must for me!) Lots of people complain about the packaging, but I really like the screw-top lid, which is deep enough to catch stray powder from your brush and travels really well.