Sonia Kashuk barely there loose powder in flesh

Filtered by age: 30-35
Sonia Kashuk barely there loose powder in flesh

4.2

Naked & Flesh: Contains: Talc, Ethylene/Methacrylate Copolymer, Polyperfuoromethylisopropyl Ether, Calcium Stearate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Lauroyl Lysine, Sorbic Acid, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Butylparaben, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, BHT. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Carmine, Ultramarine Blue, Manganese Violet, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Bismuth Oxychloride, Chromium Oxide, Chromium Hydroxide, Red 30 Lake, Red 7 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake.

The container is small, and difficult to work with, powder gets everywhere, and it caused breakouts after only two times. I noticed the pores on my nose looked large and strange after using this. Returning it!

Recently tried Merle Norman Luxiva Flawless Finish powder and that stuff is amazing!

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I previously reviewed this product, and gave it five lippies. What has changed so drastically to make me re-think my opinion? Well, the price recently skyrocketed from $17.50 per ounce to $71.50 per ounce. The amount of product in the container went from 0.458 oz. (13 grams) for $8 to 0.14 oz (3.9 grams) for $10. While the product itself is of top-notch, superlative quality, the two color choices are sorely lacking (Naked is too light for most and Flesh is too dark for most), and now the price has skyrocketed overnight, placing itself out of reach in the long term. Sure, you might buy this powder once (be sure to buy both colors because you'll likely have to mix). To continue using this powder, my per year cost would be at least $200, and likely more! This product is no longer the affordable luxury it once was.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

It was okay. I still like my Laura Mercier Translusent Powder the best. :-)

on 2/24/2004 11:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This has been my HG powder ever since it came out! The texture is fine and sets my makeup perfectly with no breakouts whatsoever.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Love this! Loose powder is one of those things I can't live without - even when I'm not wearing foundation, I put powder on my t-zone. Over the years I've tried many brands (MAC, Prescriptives) and always hated that I was spending so much yet couldn't stand the quality or colors of the cheaper powders. Until now. This sets my makeup and controls shine without making me look "chalky". I even love the little container it comes in its so cute and the screw on top is a stroke of genius (I can actually travel with this without fear of horrible spills). I still have to reapply pressed powder to my t-zone during the day, and during winter months this makes my cheeks sting. But, honestly, I've tried expensive powders (Becca, Laura Mercier) and had the same thing happen. I think it's just the way it goes!

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Great product! I bought this based upon the reviews on MUA. Thanks for making me aware of this superb powder. Overall this is the best brand of loose powder I have ever used. It even beats out loose powders I have spent $30 on. This product is available at Target for only $8! Very finely milled, it just veils the skin so it looks like the powder isn't there, but makes you look like you have perfect skin. No chalky powder here! Also, this powder has no strange discernable smell, unlike many others. I have very oily skin, but this powder does a slightly better job than most at absorbing oil. I ended up buying this powder in two shades (Naked and Flesh) and blended the two to get the best match. I am fair skinned but Naked by itself was still too pale, Flesh by itself too dark. No problem there, I always custom blend my powder anyway.

on 11/21/2003 10:57:00 AM

I discovered Sonia Kashuk products from these boards, and I am SO glad. I love this powder. Been looking for a good loose powder for a long time that wouldn't look chalky or yucky. This one is FANTASTIC and in fact, I'll go ahead and declare that it's the first powder I have ever used that really and truly didn't look like powder on my face. It takes away the shine and evens out my skin, but you cannot see any powder on my face when I'm done. Excellent stuff. Wish there were more colors, because this and "Naked" are both a little light. Nonetheless, GREAT powder.

on 1/21/2003 12:40:00 PM

I like this powder alot. I found it on this site and never tried any of her products before. I'm sort of a makeup snob and never buy stuff at drug stores so when I walked out of Target with this and the new Revlon Colorstay Natural foundation (this stuff is awesome!) I felt kinda weird. However, I'm glad I bought it...it's super fine and silky, doesn't cake, look dry, or set into lines and I'm really loving it so far! Give it a try!

on 10/29/2002 2:52:00 PM

I happily used Coty Airspun for years and one day decided, maybe there's something better out there that I'm missing out on. So after reading lots of rave reviews, decided to try out the Sonia Kashuk powder. I am extremely pleased I did. The color choice is not great, but the powder is. It is very finely milled, (made in Italy) so it's doesn't look cakey or powdery. What I absolutely love about this powder is the glow it has. It's not flat color, but not shimmery like a lot of "illuminating" products out there. There's just a perfect sheen or glow to it that will give your skin that wonderful translucent quality to it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have been using Almay Luxury Loose Powder but was curious to try this SK one. The color was a little too dark for me but the other option seemed so white. I wish they made a translucent color. Anyway, my powder did not come w/ any sponge/puff to apply the powder, so I had to buy one. I wouldn't buy this again, only because I think the Almay is so much better in color selection, packaging, and the way the powder just disappears into my skin leaving a nice matte glow. The SK stuff was too dark and didn't seem to keep my skin matte as long as the Almay.