Sonia Kashuk barely there loose powder in flesh

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Sonia Kashuk barely there loose powder in flesh

4.8

Naked & Flesh: Contains: Talc, Ethylene/Methacrylate Copolymer, Polyperfuoromethylisopropyl Ether, Calcium Stearate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Lauroyl Lysine, Sorbic Acid, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Butylparaben, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, BHT. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Carmine, Ultramarine Blue, Manganese Violet, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Bismuth Oxychloride, Chromium Oxide, Chromium Hydroxide, Red 30 Lake, Red 7 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake.

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I previously reviewed this product, and gave it five lippies. What has changed so drastically to make me re-think my opinion? Well, the price recently skyrocketed from $17.50 per ounce to $71.50 per ounce. The amount of product in the container went from 0.458 oz. (13 grams) for $8 to 0.14 oz (3.9 grams) for $10. While the product itself is of top-notch, superlative quality, the two color choices are sorely lacking (Naked is too light for most and Flesh is too dark for most), and now the price has skyrocketed overnight, placing itself out of reach in the long term. Sure, you might buy this powder once (be sure to buy both colors because you'll likely have to mix). To continue using this powder, my per year cost would be at least $200, and likely more! This product is no longer the affordable luxury it once was.

on 12/22/2004 1:27:00 AM

This light weight powder feels nice and looks lovely. I am a NW20 (FFF) and this was a perfect match for my face. The powder is fine milled and goes on easily with my SK powder brush - what a combo! It does not look blotchy on my face and it lasts throughout the day (which is a plus because I do not like to apply the "face" part of my m/u throughout the day). It does not settle into the little fine lines I have. And, the best part is that it is the first loose powder I have found that actually matches my skin tone - others turn my face orange or make me look sickly ...... This stuff works great even when I don't want to wear foundation ... leaves my skin silky smooth and flawless in appearance. This layered over my foundation makes for a perfect appearing complexion! There is nothing special about the packaging. It is cute with the typical silver lid that SK uses. I purchased this in January and still have about half of it left ... which means that if I only spend $10 every 6 - 10 months than I feel like I got a deal!!!

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Great product! I bought this based upon the reviews on MUA. Thanks for making me aware of this superb powder. Overall this is the best brand of loose powder I have ever used. It even beats out loose powders I have spent $30 on. This product is available at Target for only $8! Very finely milled, it just veils the skin so it looks like the powder isn't there, but makes you look like you have perfect skin. No chalky powder here! Also, this powder has no strange discernable smell, unlike many others. I have very oily skin, but this powder does a slightly better job than most at absorbing oil. I ended up buying this powder in two shades (Naked and Flesh) and blended the two to get the best match. I am fair skinned but Naked by itself was still too pale, Flesh by itself too dark. No problem there, I always custom blend my powder anyway.

on 6/15/2003 11:59:00 PM

I used up the container of Naked I had, so when I went to buy more, I got Flesh also. For comparison purposes, Naked is more transluscent. Now I like Flesh too, and it also works on my PPP skin! The powder is very fine and soft, and leaves a nice soft finish -- not chalky or cakey at all. The only improvement I could see making is to have more color choices -- there are currently only two -- Naked and Flesh.

on 4/19/2003 2:55:00 PM

Love this powder. Sets makeup beautifully and disappears right into my skin. The color is perfect and does not make the fine hairs along my jawline noticable. Perfect, I will definitely buy this again. The only thing I'd want to see is a wider range of colors.

on 3/13/2003 12:20:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I have pale gold indian skin & this stuff is great in the winter for my skin tone for every day. Its probably too light for summer (I tan a bit) - I'd love to see a few more shades available. Beautiful light texture & coverage on its own - I also mix it to thin out my prescriptives custom blend which is a perfect color match, but not the lightest finish. Really inexpensive for the fabulous quality & nice packaging (my prescriptives plastic drum ALWAYS cracks & costs 5 times as much).

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

goes on very light...beautiful angelic feel. soft. good value!

on 11/16/2001 9:50:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This stuff is great. I'd put this up against the more expensive brands any day of the week! I'm not really into spending a fortune on foundations or powders (I'd much rather have expensive eyeshadows and lipsticks), so this is perfect for me, and it keeps the shine away ALL day. Very long lasting. It goes on silky and it doesn't look all powdery and cakey either.