Sonia Kashuk barely there loose powder in flesh

Filtered by skin tone : Other
Sonia Kashuk barely there loose powder in flesh

4.4

Naked & Flesh: Contains: Talc, Ethylene/Methacrylate Copolymer, Polyperfuoromethylisopropyl Ether, Calcium Stearate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Lauroyl Lysine, Sorbic Acid, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Butylparaben, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, BHT. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Carmine, Ultramarine Blue, Manganese Violet, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Bismuth Oxychloride, Chromium Oxide, Chromium Hydroxide, Red 30 Lake, Red 7 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake.

on 10/30/2009 8:47:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

I bought this to replace my almost finished BE Mineral Veil. At $8.99, it's not super cheap nor expensive for 0.14 oz/4 grams, but after reading older reviews about how much cheaper it used to be $8.99 seems a bit steep. Anyways, the container is roughly the same size as the Mineral Veil, except the latter contains 47 oz/13.5 g.

The powder itself is very finely milled. Coverage is pretty matte - I buffed this in after applying liquid foundation and concealer and I am not shiny at all. The shade "flesh" fits my skintone just right. I was concerned it might be too dark but it really is "barely there".

For reference, I wear Mac NC30, Nars Budapest/Fiji, BE 1.2/2.0 light, and EM winged butter.
continued >>

on 12/22/2005 5:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

WOW! I stopped using this years ago, and have recently rediscovered this loose powder. It stops shine, is offered in a large container for an affordable price, and is finely milled. It doesn't cake and is translucent and perfect for my skin tone. I wished that her pressed powder was of the same high quality. Highly recommend!

on 9/3/2004 8:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

This loose powder does look quite natural, however, if you apply even a little too much, you will look as though you are wearing powder. I barely use any at all and it does a great job of keeping my gel blush in place and preventing my forehead and nose from looking shiny. This has never caused me to break out. I do wish, however, that the container was a bit less messy. (This seems to be a problem with most loose powders I have tried, though.) Also, I don't use the little velour puff/pad that comes with it--I just shake a little out and apply it with a big kabuki brush. I will most likely re-purchase this when I run out, which probably won't be for a couple years. UPDATE 10/2005: I have hardly used this since my initial review. I rarely wear makeup and when I do, I find that loose powders (or powders, in general, really) just look like powder sitting atop the skin (no matter the brush I use to apply it, etc.). This isn't a terrible product, but I don't know that I'll be repurchasing it, as I still have most of a jar left and I just don't use powder these days (with the now and then exception of my Bonne Bell powder bronzer).

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I really like this powder. It gives a really flawless finish. The best I've found of lower end makeup. My one complaint is that they made it smaller. I noticed that the container was half the size from the last time I bought it. How annoying.

i didn't find the product shimmery like others said, which is a good thing. i did notice my skin looks more luminous and velvety though - this powder is a great buy and better than a lot of dept store brands. for only $7.99 this will be my permanent choice for loose powder.

on 3/8/2003 1:21:00 PM

Finely milled and airy light, this powder imparts a soft matte finish without looking chalky or powdery. Flesh was the wrong choice for my NC15-ish skin. It's not terribly dark but just the slightest bit too yellow to look completely natural. Would go for Naked next time. As for controlling shine, I actually find I like my NYC Translucent Loose Powder better for this purpose, but the SK leaves a more natural finish.

on 10/29/2002 2:52:00 PM

I happily used Coty Airspun for years and one day decided, maybe there's something better out there that I'm missing out on. So after reading lots of rave reviews, decided to try out the Sonia Kashuk powder. I am extremely pleased I did. The color choice is not great, but the powder is. It is very finely milled, (made in Italy) so it's doesn't look cakey or powdery. What I absolutely love about this powder is the glow it has. It's not flat color, but not shimmery like a lot of "illuminating" products out there. There's just a perfect sheen or glow to it that will give your skin that wonderful translucent quality to it.

on 2/17/2002 11:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This powder applies wonderfully, it goes on so smoothly for a totally natural look.

on 8/29/2001 10:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I really like this very finely milled powder. It is a great neutral color for light-to-medium skin tones. Best of all, it gives a sort of "glowy" finish rather than a matte powdery look or a shimmery look.