Sonia Kashuk barely there loose powder in flesh

Filtered by hair type : Other
Sonia Kashuk barely there loose powder in flesh

4.4

Naked & Flesh: Contains: Talc, Ethylene/Methacrylate Copolymer, Polyperfuoromethylisopropyl Ether, Calcium Stearate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Lauroyl Lysine, Sorbic Acid, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Butylparaben, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, BHT. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Carmine, Ultramarine Blue, Manganese Violet, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Bismuth Oxychloride, Chromium Oxide, Chromium Hydroxide, Red 30 Lake, Red 7 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake.

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I previously reviewed this product, and gave it five lippies. What has changed so drastically to make me re-think my opinion? Well, the price recently skyrocketed from $17.50 per ounce to $71.50 per ounce. The amount of product in the container went from 0.458 oz. (13 grams) for $8 to 0.14 oz (3.9 grams) for $10. While the product itself is of top-notch, superlative quality, the two color choices are sorely lacking (Naked is too light for most and Flesh is too dark for most), and now the price has skyrocketed overnight, placing itself out of reach in the long term. Sure, you might buy this powder once (be sure to buy both colors because you'll likely have to mix). To continue using this powder, my per year cost would be at least $200, and likely more! This product is no longer the affordable luxury it once was.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This is a fantastic loose powder for being purchased at Target. Like other reviewers have stated, the packaging for this really sucks and the sifter is just inconvenient and messy. I read on another review to tape some of the holes in the sifter, in order to stop some of the powder from coming through, so I think I may have to try that. I'm NC25 for reference and was looking for a setting powder for tinted moisturizer and foundation. I have strong yellow undertones and I need something that will blend in with my yellow undertones. This product has both yellow and pink undertones, so it isn't perfect for me, but I do like the powder it self. It is finely milled and you don't need a lot to set. I don't think I will purchase this again, but for somebody else it would be perfect. I am still on the hunt for a very yellow setting powder. Will probably try Ben Nye banane powder next.

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this at Target because I wanted a mineral like powder for the summer. This is a great buy! It's affordable and a high quality product. The powder is light, does not irritate my sensitive skin at all, and there's no scent like the bare minerals line. It's a versatile product too, because I use it alone as a foundation or I use it as a setting powder. I'm so glad I don't have to spend money on the bare minerals foundation when I can get this!!

on 10/30/2009 8:47:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

I bought this to replace my almost finished BE Mineral Veil. At $8.99, it's not super cheap nor expensive for 0.14 oz/4 grams, but after reading older reviews about how much cheaper it used to be $8.99 seems a bit steep. Anyways, the container is roughly the same size as the Mineral Veil, except the latter contains 47 oz/13.5 g.

The powder itself is very finely milled. Coverage is pretty matte - I buffed this in after applying liquid foundation and concealer and I am not shiny at all. The shade "flesh" fits my skintone just right. I was concerned it might be too dark but it really is "barely there".

For reference, I wear Mac NC30, Nars Budapest/Fiji, BE 1.2/2.0 light, and EM winged butter.
continued >>

on 3/26/2005 12:55:00 AM

This stuff is kind of expensive for low end and for the measly amount you get at $10 . . . but itís comparable to any high end loose powder. First off, Iíve never used a powder so finely milled and soft. It just disappears onto my face to set foundation and minimize shine. Secondly, itís a perfect skin tone match for a variety of tones. No chalkiness about it! And what I like is the ever-so-subtle touch of shimmer in the powder to add a realistic sheen to the face! I hate completely matte powders that impart a ďdoneĒ look on my face. When it comes to skin make up, I prefer realistic and light. I am glad to have bought this lovely product!

on 3/8/2003 1:21:00 PM

Finely milled and airy light, this powder imparts a soft matte finish without looking chalky or powdery. Flesh was the wrong choice for my NC15-ish skin. It's not terribly dark but just the slightest bit too yellow to look completely natural. Would go for Naked next time. As for controlling shine, I actually find I like my NYC Translucent Loose Powder better for this purpose, but the SK leaves a more natural finish.

on 12/22/2004 1:27:00 AM

This light weight powder feels nice and looks lovely. I am a NW20 (FFF) and this was a perfect match for my face. The powder is fine milled and goes on easily with my SK powder brush - what a combo! It does not look blotchy on my face and it lasts throughout the day (which is a plus because I do not like to apply the "face" part of my m/u throughout the day). It does not settle into the little fine lines I have. And, the best part is that it is the first loose powder I have found that actually matches my skin tone - others turn my face orange or make me look sickly ...... This stuff works great even when I don't want to wear foundation ... leaves my skin silky smooth and flawless in appearance. This layered over my foundation makes for a perfect appearing complexion! There is nothing special about the packaging. It is cute with the typical silver lid that SK uses. I purchased this in January and still have about half of it left ... which means that if I only spend $10 every 6 - 10 months than I feel like I got a deal!!!

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Great product! I bought this based upon the reviews on MUA. Thanks for making me aware of this superb powder. Overall this is the best brand of loose powder I have ever used. It even beats out loose powders I have spent $30 on. This product is available at Target for only $8! Very finely milled, it just veils the skin so it looks like the powder isn't there, but makes you look like you have perfect skin. No chalky powder here! Also, this powder has no strange discernable smell, unlike many others. I have very oily skin, but this powder does a slightly better job than most at absorbing oil. I ended up buying this powder in two shades (Naked and Flesh) and blended the two to get the best match. I am fair skinned but Naked by itself was still too pale, Flesh by itself too dark. No problem there, I always custom blend my powder anyway.

i didn't find the product shimmery like others said, which is a good thing. i did notice my skin looks more luminous and velvety though - this powder is a great buy and better than a lot of dept store brands. for only $7.99 this will be my permanent choice for loose powder.

on 3/13/2003 12:20:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I have pale gold indian skin & this stuff is great in the winter for my skin tone for every day. Its probably too light for summer (I tan a bit) - I'd love to see a few more shades available. Beautiful light texture & coverage on its own - I also mix it to thin out my prescriptives custom blend which is a perfect color match, but not the lightest finish. Really inexpensive for the fabulous quality & nice packaging (my prescriptives plastic drum ALWAYS cracks & costs 5 times as much).