Sonia Kashuk barely there loose powder in flesh

Sonia Kashuk barely there loose powder in flesh

4.4

Naked & Flesh: Contains: Talc, Ethylene/Methacrylate Copolymer, Polyperfuoromethylisopropyl Ether, Calcium Stearate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Lauroyl Lysine, Sorbic Acid, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Butylparaben, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, BHT. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Carmine, Ultramarine Blue, Manganese Violet, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Bismuth Oxychloride, Chromium Oxide, Chromium Hydroxide, Red 30 Lake, Red 7 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake.

The container is small, and difficult to work with, powder gets everywhere, and it caused breakouts after only two times. I noticed the pores on my nose looked large and strange after using this. Returning it!

Recently tried Merle Norman Luxiva Flawless Finish powder and that stuff is amazing!

Disappointed, as this did not work for me at all. The container itself was probably my main concern with this-if you ask me, it's very cheaply made. It left a huge mess all over my vanity. The coverage left me looking a bit shiny, and I was surprised to see that in the light it was also a bit shimmery! I have combo/oily/sensitive skin, and the last thing I'd expect from a basic loose powder is shimmer! I want matte coverage, not something that will add to an oil slick! For the price, you don't get a lot. I ended up swapping mine. I'm not a fan of SK makeup.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

this product was ok. it made my face look nice... UNDER my makeup. this powder is so finely milled that it just didnt supply enough converage. good as a base powder but not for actual foundation. it's basically a very sheer powder that will hide your pores mayve even out everything for the most part but it just didnt do it for me. i plan to use it up however. i will continue to use it as a base and from then i will search for something else.

on 1/15/2008 5:20:00 PM

I bought this twice thinking that it could replace my Clinique loose powder which was my HG for years. I am giving this product three lippies because I think it performs very well for a DS product. However, I never was able to get a good color match with this. Flesh was the closest shade for me, but it still managed to be a bit too dark and a bit cakey which I don't understand since I'm an NC30. Also, though it is more finely milled than some other DS loose powders, I think Clinique is superior and more silky than this stuff.

There's something in this powder that also looks a bit chalky on me and which sometimes irritates my skin. So I'd have to say that HE works better for me...

Lastly, this container is messier than most, and I hate that. The puff is a joke, totally cheap and flimsy and so I don't use it at all...I have been using this powder again because I had found the second container that I had purchased, and I can't wait to get through this so that I don't look so chalky and fake...yuck! I'm trying LM next. If that rocks my world, it may replace Clinique as my HG...

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

As a former lover of this powder I decided to write this review. But somthing changed after i started buying it, i went one night to my local target to pick up my powder and almost fell over when i finally saw it. The size went to less than half of what it used to be, and got $2.00 more expensive! I would not of minded a dollar or 2 price hike, if the size had not got so small...i mean its SOO little powder in there when i saw it I didn't know weather to cry,because i had loved it, or laugh because it's so ridiculous! Needless to stay I found a new powder, It was more the point of it, trying to now charge me,like, quadruple for the same thing I bought last week for 8.00. Just doesn't feel right to continue purchasing.Still gets a 3 because the product itself is good..although not worth the price

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I previously reviewed this product, and gave it five lippies. What has changed so drastically to make me re-think my opinion? Well, the price recently skyrocketed from $17.50 per ounce to $71.50 per ounce. The amount of product in the container went from 0.458 oz. (13 grams) for $8 to 0.14 oz (3.9 grams) for $10. While the product itself is of top-notch, superlative quality, the two color choices are sorely lacking (Naked is too light for most and Flesh is too dark for most), and now the price has skyrocketed overnight, placing itself out of reach in the long term. Sure, you might buy this powder once (be sure to buy both colors because you'll likely have to mix). To continue using this powder, my per year cost would be at least $200, and likely more! This product is no longer the affordable luxury it once was.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

It was okay. I still like my Laura Mercier Translusent Powder the best. :-)

on 1/28/2004 3:15:00 AM

I am always searching for a good powder, i have combo skin leaning more toward oily this looked great on but made my face itch horribly.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is a good powder. It blends well and the shade is good for my LLL/MMM skin color. It gets rid of shine and makes my skin appear flawless. *UPDATE* well I've decided I wouldn't repurchase this product b/c I really don't find it to be all that great compared to some others. And in all reality has probably done the worst job of keeping me shine free of all the products that I've tried.

i love the color for my fair skin and i also love the subtle shimmer, but every time i used this i broke out really bad. I have oily skin and palladio wer/dry foundation cleared my breakout and i have never broken out since with palldio. It's at Sally's.