Sonia Kashuk barely there loose powder in flesh

Sonia Kashuk barely there loose powder in flesh

4.4

Naked & Flesh: Contains: Talc, Ethylene/Methacrylate Copolymer, Polyperfuoromethylisopropyl Ether, Calcium Stearate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Lauroyl Lysine, Sorbic Acid, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Butylparaben, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, BHT. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Carmine, Ultramarine Blue, Manganese Violet, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Bismuth Oxychloride, Chromium Oxide, Chromium Hydroxide, Red 30 Lake, Red 7 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake.

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I previously reviewed this product, and gave it five lippies. What has changed so drastically to make me re-think my opinion? Well, the price recently skyrocketed from $17.50 per ounce to $71.50 per ounce. The amount of product in the container went from 0.458 oz. (13 grams) for $8 to 0.14 oz (3.9 grams) for $10. While the product itself is of top-notch, superlative quality, the two color choices are sorely lacking (Naked is too light for most and Flesh is too dark for most), and now the price has skyrocketed overnight, placing itself out of reach in the long term. Sure, you might buy this powder once (be sure to buy both colors because you'll likely have to mix). To continue using this powder, my per year cost would be at least $200, and likely more! This product is no longer the affordable luxury it once was.

on 9/17/2003 12:11:00 PM

Finally, a great face powder that doesn’t make me look like a ghost and doesn’t cost a fortune. It works very similar to EL So Ingenious but at a third of the cost! I actually prefer SK over EL. I have pale yellow toned skin and Flesh blends perfectly with my skin. I wore it before I went to Florida for a week (pre-tan) and it matched and am now wearing it after my face tanned and it still matches! It does a pretty good job of keeping the oilies away (not perfect but close) and just gives a great finish to my foundation (and on good skin days, looks good just by itself). Highly recommend this…a superior product! Just wish it came in a larger container but it doesn’t take much on the brush to cover the entire face. I use a brush instead of the puff it comes with……both work good, though. UPDATE: Just went to buy my second container and the container is almost twice as small at the same price!!!! I can't believe Sonia is trying to rip the consumer off like this just because the product became popular. It has made me so furious, I refuse to purchase any of her products (and I even like them)!!!!!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This is a fantastic loose powder for being purchased at Target. Like other reviewers have stated, the packaging for this really sucks and the sifter is just inconvenient and messy. I read on another review to tape some of the holes in the sifter, in order to stop some of the powder from coming through, so I think I may have to try that. I'm NC25 for reference and was looking for a setting powder for tinted moisturizer and foundation. I have strong yellow undertones and I need something that will blend in with my yellow undertones. This product has both yellow and pink undertones, so it isn't perfect for me, but I do like the powder it self. It is finely milled and you don't need a lot to set. I don't think I will purchase this again, but for somebody else it would be perfect. I am still on the hunt for a very yellow setting powder. Will probably try Ben Nye banane powder next.

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this at Target because I wanted a mineral like powder for the summer. This is a great buy! It's affordable and a high quality product. The powder is light, does not irritate my sensitive skin at all, and there's no scent like the bare minerals line. It's a versatile product too, because I use it alone as a foundation or I use it as a setting powder. I'm so glad I don't have to spend money on the bare minerals foundation when I can get this!!

on 10/30/2009 8:47:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

I bought this to replace my almost finished BE Mineral Veil. At $8.99, it's not super cheap nor expensive for 0.14 oz/4 grams, but after reading older reviews about how much cheaper it used to be $8.99 seems a bit steep. Anyways, the container is roughly the same size as the Mineral Veil, except the latter contains 47 oz/13.5 g.

The powder itself is very finely milled. Coverage is pretty matte - I buffed this in after applying liquid foundation and concealer and I am not shiny at all. The shade "flesh" fits my skintone just right. I was concerned it might be too dark but it really is "barely there".

For reference, I wear Mac NC30, Nars Budapest/Fiji, BE 1.2/2.0 light, and EM winged butter.
continued >>

on 2/15/2008 2:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This powder is the best powder I've used in all the loose powder; I've used BE, Urban Decay and L'oreal but this powder is the best. I don't know why people think this is expensive, it's a pretty good deal compare to BE plus it works great with my Asian yellow-toned skin and the powder is so lose, makes my skin looked flawless. I used this under my Estee Lauder concealer and it looked wonderful, but if I just use the loose powder by itself then it won't do anything, which is kinda wack. But I loved how it keeps my oil at bay, I could be sweating for about 4 hours and it still doesn't look nasty, just a little shine. Overall, great product, the container is just as big as BE so you can do your swirl and tap there and it doesn't get messy.

on 12/22/2005 5:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

WOW! I stopped using this years ago, and have recently rediscovered this loose powder. It stops shine, is offered in a large container for an affordable price, and is finely milled. It doesn't cake and is translucent and perfect for my skin tone. I wished that her pressed powder was of the same high quality. Highly recommend!

The container is small, and difficult to work with, powder gets everywhere, and it caused breakouts after only two times. I noticed the pores on my nose looked large and strange after using this. Returning it!

Recently tried Merle Norman Luxiva Flawless Finish powder and that stuff is amazing!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I really like this powder. It gives a really flawless finish. The best I've found of lower end makeup. My one complaint is that they made it smaller. I noticed that the container was half the size from the last time I bought it. How annoying.

on 3/31/2004 2:23:00 PM

I LOVE this powder, but I use to get this product at Target for $8.99 and it was in a fairly large container. Now it's in a very small container (I think .14 oz?) but definitely half the size it use to be for the same price)! Does anyone know if I can still get the larger container for about $9.00? I also wish they made a darker shade, but maybe in time