Sonia Kashuk barely there loose powder in flesh

Filtered by age: 25-29
Sonia Kashuk barely there loose powder in flesh

4.5

Naked & Flesh: Contains: Talc, Ethylene/Methacrylate Copolymer, Polyperfuoromethylisopropyl Ether, Calcium Stearate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Lauroyl Lysine, Sorbic Acid, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Butylparaben, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, BHT. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Carmine, Ultramarine Blue, Manganese Violet, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Bismuth Oxychloride, Chromium Oxide, Chromium Hydroxide, Red 30 Lake, Red 7 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This is a fantastic loose powder for being purchased at Target. Like other reviewers have stated, the packaging for this really sucks and the sifter is just inconvenient and messy. I read on another review to tape some of the holes in the sifter, in order to stop some of the powder from coming through, so I think I may have to try that. I'm NC25 for reference and was looking for a setting powder for tinted moisturizer and foundation. I have strong yellow undertones and I need something that will blend in with my yellow undertones. This product has both yellow and pink undertones, so it isn't perfect for me, but I do like the powder it self. It is finely milled and you don't need a lot to set. I don't think I will purchase this again, but for somebody else it would be perfect. I am still on the hunt for a very yellow setting powder. Will probably try Ben Nye banane powder next.

on 12/22/2005 5:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

WOW! I stopped using this years ago, and have recently rediscovered this loose powder. It stops shine, is offered in a large container for an affordable price, and is finely milled. It doesn't cake and is translucent and perfect for my skin tone. I wished that her pressed powder was of the same high quality. Highly recommend!

on 11/26/2004 12:41:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

The quality of this powder is the best I've tried, but it's just way too expensive for how much you pay for so little and this color doesn't suit my medium Asian skin tone.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This powder is literally "lighter than air" and provides a gorgeous satiny finish. If coverage is what you're after, you probably won't be happy with this, but it does a great job of controlling oil while still looking natural. I have medium skin with golden tones (NC 30) and this powder blends beautifully and "disappears" on my face (a definite must for me!) Lots of people complain about the packaging, but I really like the screw-top lid, which is deep enough to catch stray powder from your brush and travels really well.

on 9/3/2004 8:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

This loose powder does look quite natural, however, if you apply even a little too much, you will look as though you are wearing powder. I barely use any at all and it does a great job of keeping my gel blush in place and preventing my forehead and nose from looking shiny. This has never caused me to break out. I do wish, however, that the container was a bit less messy. (This seems to be a problem with most loose powders I have tried, though.) Also, I don't use the little velour puff/pad that comes with it--I just shake a little out and apply it with a big kabuki brush. I will most likely re-purchase this when I run out, which probably won't be for a couple years. UPDATE 10/2005: I have hardly used this since my initial review. I rarely wear makeup and when I do, I find that loose powders (or powders, in general, really) just look like powder sitting atop the skin (no matter the brush I use to apply it, etc.). This isn't a terrible product, but I don't know that I'll be repurchasing it, as I still have most of a jar left and I just don't use powder these days (with the now and then exception of my Bonne Bell powder bronzer).

on 7/26/2004 6:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This is a fabulous loose powder. I can't believe that it is sold at the local Target. It's better quality than most of the highend loose powders that I have tried and loved. This wonderful silky smooth powder sets my concealer very well and helps to control oil. I love how it makes my skin glow. The sheerness of Flesh was a perfect color match for my NC35-42 skin.

on 6/23/2004 9:59:00 PM

I was looking for a drugstore loose powder and did not have high expectations...but this powder really exceeded my expectations. It really goes on smoothly without looking chalky. I was using the MAC blot powder before this and find this to be far superior. It goes on very smooth and has a very natural finish. It helps to give you that poreless look. I recommend this. Price is kind of high considering how small the container is, but I'd rather repurchase more often than have a large container where the powder sits for a long time exposed to the air.

on 4/19/2004 1:00:00 PM

This is a very nice powder. Has a luminous, not matte finish - but it isn't as "glowy" as Clinique Gentle Light, which is great, b/c GL is a little too shimmery for me. I'd buy again.

Brilliant, brilliant stuff. Definitely my holy grail. Granted, I've only tried one other loose powder which I had been using for the last couple of years, but Sonia Kashuk's LP definitely outperforms that one (by Jane). Flesh blends in perfectly with my FFF MAC NC35 skin w/ yellow undertones. It's so finely milled that it glides on beautifully, and keeps the oilies at bay for hours and hours. I wore this during a school theatrical performance a couple nights ago, and even after singing and dancing under spotlights for a couple of hours, my face had a slight glow but wasn't oily at all (like it usually is in these sorts of circumstances). This is a kickass drugstore product, and I don't have the slightest temptation to explore the loose powders of more expensive lines. Yay, a holy grail! No more searching! If only it were this easy with foundations...

on 1/28/2004 3:15:00 AM

I am always searching for a good powder, i have combo skin leaning more toward oily this looked great on but made my face itch horribly.