Sonia Kashuk barely there loose powder in flesh

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
Sonia Kashuk barely there loose powder in flesh

4.2

Naked & Flesh: Contains: Talc, Ethylene/Methacrylate Copolymer, Polyperfuoromethylisopropyl Ether, Calcium Stearate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Lauroyl Lysine, Sorbic Acid, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Butylparaben, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, BHT. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Carmine, Ultramarine Blue, Manganese Violet, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Bismuth Oxychloride, Chromium Oxide, Chromium Hydroxide, Red 30 Lake, Red 7 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This is a fantastic loose powder for being purchased at Target. Like other reviewers have stated, the packaging for this really sucks and the sifter is just inconvenient and messy. I read on another review to tape some of the holes in the sifter, in order to stop some of the powder from coming through, so I think I may have to try that. I'm NC25 for reference and was looking for a setting powder for tinted moisturizer and foundation. I have strong yellow undertones and I need something that will blend in with my yellow undertones. This product has both yellow and pink undertones, so it isn't perfect for me, but I do like the powder it self. It is finely milled and you don't need a lot to set. I don't think I will purchase this again, but for somebody else it would be perfect. I am still on the hunt for a very yellow setting powder. Will probably try Ben Nye banane powder next.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

this is actually a really, really good powder. however, if u're looking for full coverage you won't find it here as this really is "barely there" and it's really sheer, for a more natural "finish" only. i love this stuff and would swear by it (as i like to look more natural anyway) if only it had more colors. even the flesh is way to light for me and leaves a ghost like overcast.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Like all the other reviewers before me, I am shocked at the small amount of product that you get for 10 bucks! I went on the hunt for a talc free loose powder and tried almost every drugstore variety and they broke me out....I honestly really like this powder a lot...it has the qualities that my expensive Lancome photogenic was missing, the Lancome has Talc...it also has tiny microscopic shimmer particles, tha some may love...you would think I would love them since I use such a Matte foundation (Estee Lauder Double Wear) but I am one that hates shimmer....I know you cannot see it on my face, trust me, I scrutinize my face in magnifier mirrors outside....but I want to look matte when I put powder on my face to set it....I know everyone is different...SK's powder seems pretty matte to me and after three weeks of using it, I have not broken out, SCORE! I will definitely update if I break out from this...but for now, the only negative is the insanely high price for such a minimal amount of product! Shame on you SK!!!!

on 1/15/2008 5:20:00 PM

I bought this twice thinking that it could replace my Clinique loose powder which was my HG for years. I am giving this product three lippies because I think it performs very well for a DS product. However, I never was able to get a good color match with this. Flesh was the closest shade for me, but it still managed to be a bit too dark and a bit cakey which I don't understand since I'm an NC30. Also, though it is more finely milled than some other DS loose powders, I think Clinique is superior and more silky than this stuff.

There's something in this powder that also looks a bit chalky on me and which sometimes irritates my skin. So I'd have to say that HE works better for me...

Lastly, this container is messier than most, and I hate that. The puff is a joke, totally cheap and flimsy and so I don't use it at all...I have been using this powder again because I had found the second container that I had purchased, and I can't wait to get through this so that I don't look so chalky and fake...yuck! I'm trying LM next. If that rocks my world, it may replace Clinique as my HG...

on 3/26/2005 12:55:00 AM

This stuff is kind of expensive for low end and for the measly amount you get at $10 . . . but itís comparable to any high end loose powder. First off, Iíve never used a powder so finely milled and soft. It just disappears onto my face to set foundation and minimize shine. Secondly, itís a perfect skin tone match for a variety of tones. No chalkiness about it! And what I like is the ever-so-subtle touch of shimmer in the powder to add a realistic sheen to the face! I hate completely matte powders that impart a ďdoneĒ look on my face. When it comes to skin make up, I prefer realistic and light. I am glad to have bought this lovely product!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

It was okay. I still like my Laura Mercier Translusent Powder the best. :-)

on 2/24/2004 11:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This has been my HG powder ever since it came out! The texture is fine and sets my makeup perfectly with no breakouts whatsoever.

on 5/14/2003 2:00:00 PM

This is a great powder that controls oil very well while giving a luminescent look. With my old powder, my nose would shine after 2.5 hours. But now, 3.5 hours later, it only looks like I have a healthy glow. Love this!!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This powder is magnificent! I like to use it alone, and it gives my skin a nice natural but finished look, or as a setting powder over my foundation. In both cases, I apply it using a big velour puff (a la Laura Mercier) that I got at Sally's. I work the powder into the puff, then "rock" the powder onto my face. No powdery look, and it doesn't get into my fine lines.