Garnier Ultra-Lift Anti-Wrinkle Firming Eye Cream

Garnier Ultra-Lift Anti-Wrinkle Firming Eye Cream

2.9

on 5/1/2016 9:17:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

An average eye cream. It doesn't do anything miraculous, but it works in a basic sense (moisturizes, etc). I liked the consistency (not to heavy, not too light, spreads well) and it didn't make me break out or have a reaction. Though one thing I noticed was that I would wake up in the morning with more puffy and crusty eyes while using this product (I finished the whole pot). I think it has some slightly irritating ingredients in it (including fragrance, which is a no-no for eye creams), which is what caused those effects. Also wasn't fond of it being in a pot (unhygienic -- why do companies insist on putting creams in pots anyway?!) I much prefer tubes for creams and lotions...

on 1/31/2016 3:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

So I'm only 20 so I didn't really buy this for the anti-wrinkle effect it claims it gives. Although, I do have expression lines under my eyes and I did find that it reduced those. Putting it on under my makeup helps with the makeup creasing under my eyes tremendously as well.
I bought this cream because I live in one of the windiest climates on the planet so my eyes get very dry from all the wind. The corners of my eyes have dry, peeling skin and even sometimes my eyelids flake. I just wanted something moisturizing and this worked wonders. I no longer have flaky eyelids or dry skin around my eyes. I experienced no irritation and I have sensitive skin. It it so soothing when I put this on. I use it both before bed and in the morning before I apply my makeup. I haven't tried a lot of eye creams. I tried one from Olay and one from The Body Shop and this one is definitely my favourite that I've tried. And it's fairly inexpensive, which is a huge bonus because I'm a student. I just bought my second bottle.

To Read all 102 Reviews, Login or Join

Started using this about 2 years ago when I noticed some fine lines & wrinkles happening. I tried it bc everything else is SO EXPENSIVE & I don't really have extra $$ to shell out for eye creams/treatments. Also bc I've liked almost everything from Garnier.

I like it a lot, I have trouble finding lotions & creams that don't irritate my skin & this one is great for me. It's not heavy or greasy & it absorbs quickly. What I really love is that it's a great moisturizer for the eye area - so I'd keep using it even if it didn't help with the wrinkles.

I bought this on a whim after my sister was oh so nice enough to say "hey, you are getting some crows feet" I usually take time and really research and read reviews BEFORE I buy something, and after I had purchased this I read review. Reading all the reviews I was terrified to try this. I have a hard time finding any kind of face items that don't cause a reaction (break out, super drying that makes me peel - grapefruit I'm talking to you)

Well I ended up trying this and it didn't cause a reaction whatsoever. None of the burning that other people had stated which I'm happy about. It is thick so I just dab my ring finger in and use that much for both eyes. It is not greasy at all to me. It does take a few mins for my skin to abosorb it. Other than that it is an ok cream. I really have not noticed any difference at all for the faint lines. It does seem to help my bags a tiny bit.

It is a good moisturizer but for what I wanted in an eye cream. This didn't do it for me, so I will keep using it until I find something that I really like better and when it runs out, I'll more than likely buy something different.

on 7/28/2015 6:05:00 PM

No. No. No. Worst eye cream I have ever used. It felt ok when I first put it on, but after about 20 mins my under eyes started to burn. When I woke up this morning my eyes were puffy(not attractive-lol). I wish I hadn't lost my jar of Origins EyeZing.

on 5/5/2015 1:22:00 PM

Well this just comes to prove that one man's food is another one's poison. I love this cream.

I was looking for an eye cream that would not cost the earth (I refuse to pay those ridiculous prices HE brands ask for), that was not loaded with cones, that would bring some relief to my desperately dry under eye area. This is it.

I love the texture. It's very creamy but NOT greasy. It glides on my skin, feels delightful and absorbs right away. So, does this cream erase wrinkles and lift skin and make me look like I was 20? Of course not. And I don't care, either. I am old enough to know better than believing the promises of cosmetic companies. I have long since accepted the fact that the only thing that lifts eyelids and really gets rid of bags and lines is cosmetic surgery - especially at my age. This cream makes my under eye area feel comfortable and hydrated, softens the look of the area, works very well with MU, and has not caused the slightest irritation to my eyes (I've been using it for more than a week, day and night). That's good enough for me.

Mind you, the jar I have does not look like the one in the picture, although the name is the same. Mine is not called Nutritioniste. It's just the regular green jar with a white cap and a little red label where the name goes. I don't know if that makes any difference, but I thought I'd mention it. I'm very happy with this cream. And it's very reasonably priced considering how even pries for DS products are going through the roof these days.

There is another product review here similar to the one I am writing about this eye cream. I too experienced horrible allergic reactions to this product under my eyes. Puffy bags, redness and swelling and itching. I looked like I had been crying all night when I used this stuff. I used this product back in 2008 and have never forgotten what it did to my under eye area. I don't even have sensitive skin and am not prone to breakouts, but this was disastrous. I wish I knew what the ingredient was that irritated my skin so much - it would be great if I could keep an eye out (ha) for it in products in the future.

on 12/11/2014 12:51:00 PM

I am right now in the midst of a horrible allergic reaction to this product. I've had this cream for several months. About a month ago, my eyes started tearing on a daily basis. I just figured it was seasonal allergies. Then a few days later, I woke up with immense bags under my eyes and dry, flaky skin on my eyelids. I thought it might be the eye cream, but wasn't positive. I put the jar away and bought something else that I have been using for the past month. Well, regrettably, I forgot about this allergy when I used this cream 2 days ago. I woke up with my eyes "glued" together. When I looked in the mirror, I just about jumped out of my skin. My eyes were unbelievably blood-shot and incredibly swollen. I had bags under my eyes and dry, scaly skin on my eyelids. I look like a monster. There was no denying what caused this -- Garnier eye cream. I have been looking up reviews on this, which I hadn't before, and am astonished that so many people have had the same major complaints and this product would still be available on the market. It's a horrible product that Garnier should be fined for even selling. DO NOT BUY!!!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I had already bought this when I read all of the bad reviews. I still wanted to try it for myself but I held on to the packaging just in case I didn't like it. I was really surprised that after about 2 weeks (several nights a week) I had the redness and burning others experienced. I don't have sensitive skin but towards the end I would wake up to redness and puffiness around my eyes. It would fade in a couple hours but the skin around my eyes also started to get dry and flaky. I wanted to like this because of the retinol but I had to take it back.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have only been using this a short while, but I like it so far. No issues with burnng or stinging. I think the reason why people are having issues is because they are using it ON the eyelid and too close to the actual eye/eyelash area. Products containing retinol should never be used directly on the eyelid, because this area is thinner amd hyper sensitive. Also, it will inevitably run into the eye. ONLY use it AROUND the eye area. Google orbital eye area for reference. This is where you should be applying your retinol eye products. Thank you.