Bare Escentuals Well-Rested For Eyes

3.5

on 12/17/2015 7:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have used this concealer for about 13 years. I use the whole Bare Minerals system on my face so this goes well with the mineral foundation. As I have aged (I'm 41) I have noticed that this is the only concealer that doesn't create that crepey, crinkly under eye. I put it on before my foundation, put on my foundation, then do another sweep of it and I'm good for the rest of the day. I didn't read all the reviews but I can tell you from experience that this product is not designed to be used as a setting powder over a cream concealer. It works fine by itself. If people are misusing it and then complaining that gives the wrong impression to prospective users. This is a WONDERFUL concealer....if you use it with the Bare Minerals or other mineral makeup otherwise skip it..

on 12/17/2015 4:01:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I expected to find rave reviews for this product, so I am really surprised to find a rating close to 50 for this.

I only use mineral powder foundations and was having difficulty finding a mineral powder concealer. I had almost given up the search when I stumbled across this little gem at Mecca Cosmetica. I have read reviews here that state the product is too light. This is certainly not the case with me, but I have pale skin (see profile). I think the secret to this concealer is the application and what you prime your skin with. The first time I used it, I had a sunscreen specifically for my eyes under it. The sunscreen was probably too thick and the product caked. Having said that, it still concealed amazingly well. The next time I used it, I primed my eye area with a thin moisturiser and the result was WOW!

I apply this after my mineral powder foundation. I actually use the lid of my ASAP powder foundation to put the concealer in. I do this because the concealer lid is too small. I use my ELF Kabuki brush to apply it, even though they recommend a small concealing brush. I find that if I use concealing brushes, it applies the product too thick. You only need a small amount of this concealer to cover everything!!!!

I love this product for a few reasons. It is easy to apply. It conceals better than any liquid concealer I have ever used. It is affordable. This is a product that I will use every day. Love this!!!!

To Read all 93 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

I've been using Bare Escentuals Well-Rested for several years now and I will continue to use it forever! I've had the same container for several years now as a little bit goes a long way. This powder brightens up your eyes right away. For those of you with oily lids, I would definitely recommend using a primer. I use UDPP to make this product stay put all day and it works like a charm. Well-Rested does an amazing job of evening out skin tone and covering up dark circles without looking caked on.

on 2/3/2015 9:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This product is way over hyped. It's very difficult to use & despite varied means of application I just can't get away with it. If you do manage good coverage for dark circles then you end up with racoon eyes. A very light application over concealer does work ( but in my opinion this defeats the idea of using one product). The worst thing is it really settles in fine lines enhancing all our "life" lines. Many better products out there.

on 5/17/2014 4:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Where has this product been all my life?!?!? AMAZING! Best under eye setting powder. I tried finding a brightening concealer, but I realized why bother, just get a regular one thatís full coverage and set it with a lighter powder to brighten. But the powders I tried never really brightened much or added coverage (I do not buy cakey powders). I do have very bad bags and ever full coverage concealers donít fully mask my purple bags! This is like the perfect finishing touch to concealer. There are other shades so if you arenít light skinned donít worry there is hope after all!

Pros:
Great packaging
Doesnít waste product
Great color selection
Adds coverage
Brightens
Highlights
Not cakey
Not drying
Great price for what you get

Cons:
Some people canít use mineral makeup

This concealer is amazing for brightening and i can use it as a subtle highlight. Unfortunately i cannot say the same for actually hiding dark circles, in some lights it's so bright and really contrasts with my face even if it hides my dark circles a bit, in other lights it shows the eye contours and accentuates my under-eye bags. I don't mind these as it does brighten the eyes but it is so drying and settles into my fine-lines (It makes it look like i have really bad, wrinkled under eyes, I am only a teenager and this is the only product that makes them look this bad). It does not always stay true to color and seems to oxidize. It fades if it doesn't have something to cling onto(fine-lines in my case, or moisturizer, primer, concealer, etc)

This product seems to be affected by the products used with it. The only time it has ever looked decent was on fresh moisturized skin with no other products(i did not wear it long enough to notice oxidization, drying, etc). I use this as a highlight or a concealer on my face to conceal my redness.

I tried to set my makeup with mac fix plus-hoping it would take away the dry look-and it bunched up, went cakey then separated.

My eyelids get very oily so i am using this as an eyeshadow, so far it seems to be working.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I use this to conceal all my blemishes on my face. Great product cuz it blends well and doesn't break me out.

on 10/14/2013 8:00:00 PM

This concealer can be used on blemishes as well. It doesn't cause blemishes and covers very well!

Bought this to set my under eye concealer but instead it's replaced my concealer. Now I only use this under my eyes and the coverage is great! No I don't have very dark circles but I only use a tiny amount but I could seeing using a bit more it it working for dark circles. It matches my skin great and I use it to cover acne spots too, it's amazing!

on 8/13/2013 10:58:00 AM

I was doubtful to try a powedered concealer. I should have went with my instincts. This stuff lays like dust on top of my undereye circles. It looks like I tried to use a powdered foundation to cover dark circles, and they show right through. I tried using it in conjunction with the Stroke of Light, but combined they just further highlighted my undereye flaws. I was really disappointed because it was a pricey purchase, and because I was really hoping to find natural products that worked as well as (or worked better) than my chemical-laden drugstore products.