The Body Shop Olive Body Butter

The Body Shop Olive Body Butter
image 1image 2image 3image 4

4.3

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Aqua (Water) (Solvent/Diluent), Olea europaea (Olive Oil) (Emollient), Cyclomethicone (Emollient), Butyrospermum parkii (Shea Butter) (Emollient), Theobroma cacao (Cocoa Butter) (Emollient), Glycerin (Humectant), Glyceryl Stearate (Emulsifier), PEG-100 Stearate (Surfactant), Cetearyl Alcohol (Emulsifier), Lanolin Alcohol (Stabiliser/Emollient), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Parfum (Fragrance), Methylparaben (Preservative), Propylparaben (Preservative), Xanthan Gum (Viscosity Modifier), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Disodium EDTA (Chelating Agent), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Butylphenyl Methylpropional (Fragrance Ingredient), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Citronellol (Fragrance Ingredient), Hexyl Cinnamal (Fragrance Ingredient), Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde (Fragrance Ingredient), Geraniol (Fragrance Ingredient), Citral (Fragrance Ingredient), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), Eugenol (Fragrance Ingredient), Caramel (Colour), CI 77288 (Colour).

on 6/28/2016 3:30:00 AM

Should try other ones too, but it smells wonderful and keeps me hydrated. Currently not using it because cheaper, not as hydrating lotions work fine for me too, but whenever I want to fancy it up a bit I get a Body Shop one.

on 5/5/2016 12:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Though I don't really have any cons against this product, I would never buy it again due to the price.

Pros:
-It smells nicely.
-It hydrates A LOT.
-No allergic reaction.

Maybe a small con would be that due to its thickness is hard to expand through the skin, but it's a butter, so what else could I expect?

To Read all 124 Reviews, Login or Join

I really like this body butter, keeps my skin looking really moisturized and healthy. Coconut is my favorite scent but this is pretty nice too. Would repurchase.

on 4/26/2016 2:49:00 PM

This is by far the best smelling, most moisturising and effective body butters i have used! Been using it for more than a decade and don't have any plans of switching. My night time routine is never without it. Works wonders in keeping my skin soft and supple even on warm days that i dont use it.

on 2/14/2016 10:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Pros:
- Smells amazing
- Moisturizing

Cons:
- Jar packaging

Olive is quite a unique scent in the entire butter range. It is somewhere in-between those fruity exotic scents and those more nut-ones. It is quite an unusual one too, so you have to test it in-store before you purchase one. It is not a product that suits everyone.
Quality and texture wise it is just as great and awesome as all other ones from the Body Shop. Leaves your skin baby smooth and gorgeous.

If you want to discover other the Body Shop products from the 'butter' range - you can check this blog post review below. Hope you find it helpful!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I bought my first tub of this when I was 14... Today I'm nearly 30 (ALMOST, not quite yet) and I still adore this rich, soft and highly moisturising butter. This texture is light but very nourishing, and doesn't leave your skin sticky. It's great for dry area's and patches, they will disappear overnight. I use it as a foot cream too, which works great. The scent reminds me of olives, but also has a "clean" vibe into it. Nice olive soap kind of perfume. I find that this particular butter is The best of their entire range of body butters. I will definitely repurchase again and again.

on 12/13/2014 9:17:00 PM

I was hesitant to purchase this at first because I really really....do not like olives. My mom still asks me if I want olives on my pizza when I'm home but I'm never liked them. I've tried every olive out there and I just don't like them. ( But I deserve credit but I've tried them!) Anyways, so I ordered a small one just to try it out and figured I could send it back if I didn't like it.
I was quite surprised when I opened and smelled it that it does not smell like olives but fresh and reminded me of a certain shampoo I used to use when I was a little girl and still living in Germany. I'm a huge sucker for nostalgic scents- same with the mango body butter. So of course, I had to keep it.
As far as the actual body butter goes, it's a little greasy, but otherwise moisturizing as all the body butters are.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have extremely dry skin in the winter areas especially affected are my shins, feet and hands. The stuff that I've been using before this proved to be not enough. Although I moisturized, my skin would feel itchy and flaky again in a few minutes time. This definitely doesn't happen with the Olive Body Butter. The butter feels nourishing, but not overwhelmingly oily. It does leave a subtle film behind, but in a way that I find comfortable, and in no way so greasy that I cannot touch anything afterwards. I also like the smell. It's pleasant, not overpowering, and not too sweet.

The sales assistant said the Olive Body Butter was for normal to dry skin, but comparing nothing but the INCIs, I found the Olive one to be the best deal. There's three different oils coming right up at the top olive, shea and cocoa. Though admittedly, cyclomethicones are up there, too, but since I don't use the butter for the face, it should be alright.

I can definitely recommend Olive if you have very dry skin. I find it to help a good deal, and not only for a few hours after which you feel like you need to moisturize again.

on 11/26/2014 5:18:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

This is my favourite of all the body butters available. I love the smell its not too overpowering and the feel on my skin. I've been using this body butter for years and years. I try the others but I always come back to this one. Its not too oily and doesn't clog up my pores.

I have very sensitive skin and find I have no irritation with this body butter at all. Its great for all over the body and dries in a decent rate of time. I highly recommend this body butter.