The Body Shop Olive Body Butter

The Body Shop Olive Body Butter
Olive Body ButterOlive Body ButterThe Body Shop Olive Body ButterThe Body Shop Olive Body Butter

4.3

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Aqua (Water) (Solvent/Diluent), Olea europaea (Olive Oil) (Emollient), Cyclomethicone (Emollient), Butyrospermum parkii (Shea Butter) (Emollient), Theobroma cacao (Cocoa Butter) (Emollient), Glycerin (Humectant), Glyceryl Stearate (Emulsifier), PEG-100 Stearate (Surfactant), Cetearyl Alcohol (Emulsifier), Lanolin Alcohol (Stabiliser/Emollient), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Parfum (Fragrance), Methylparaben (Preservative), Propylparaben (Preservative), Xanthan Gum (Viscosity Modifier), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Disodium EDTA (Chelating Agent), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Butylphenyl Methylpropional (Fragrance Ingredient), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Citronellol (Fragrance Ingredient), Hexyl Cinnamal (Fragrance Ingredient), Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde (Fragrance Ingredient), Geraniol (Fragrance Ingredient), Citral (Fragrance Ingredient), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), Eugenol (Fragrance Ingredient), Caramel (Colour), CI 77288 (Colour).

on 1/1/2017 9:08:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

bought this stuff last weekend and totally fell in love with it. the scent is very subtle and fresh very moisturing as well. It's a very subtle fresh scent that you can layer up any perfume not like the other body butters example moringa. my husband have eczema and only use fragrance free body moisturizer like cetaphil which is also amazing. But i just wanted to give this one a try and it is great. the downside of this is that it is expensive specially if they're not on sale.
thats probably the only time i buy this is with a sale, luckily they had a buy two get one free on jumbo body butter and i was a happy camper.

on 12/4/2016 11:57:00 PM

I got this body butter at The Body Shop when they were running a 4 for 2 sale, and I have no regrets. I probably wouldn't have gotten it if I had to pay full price, but the sale made it worth it and I just love this product. It's much more hydrating than other moisturising creams/body butters I used before, and the scent is nice and subtle (I'm really sensitive to smells and really dislike flowery/sweet scents), without being boring. I think the packaging is really cute too, and there's A LOT of product in the jar. I'd say this will last me a good 2-3 months of everyday use, which is much more than what I'm used to.

PROS:
- Packaging
- Scent
- Really moisturising

CONS:
- Price is a bit steep

on 8/1/2016 9:05:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I bought a small tub of this to carry with me to use on my dry hands and elbows. It's lightly scented, don't really know how to describe it but it's not offensive, very neutral not floral. Works well to moisturize my dry hands and cuticles and the moisture will last through a couple of hand washings. Would repurchase.

on 6/28/2016 3:30:00 AM

Should try other ones too, but it smells wonderful and keeps me hydrated. Currently not using it because cheaper, not as hydrating lotions work fine for me too, but whenever I want to fancy it up a bit I get a Body Shop one.

I really like this body butter, keeps my skin looking really moisturized and healthy. Coconut is my favorite scent but this is pretty nice too. Would repurchase.

on 5/5/2016 12:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Though I don't really have any cons against this product, I would never buy it again due to the price.

Pros:
-It smells nicely.
-It hydrates A LOT.
-No allergic reaction.

Maybe a small con would be that due to its thickness is hard to expand through the skin, but it's a butter, so what else could I expect?

on 4/26/2016 2:49:00 PM

This is by far the best smelling, most moisturising and effective body butters i have used! Been using it for more than a decade and don't have any plans of switching. My night time routine is never without it. Works wonders in keeping my skin soft and supple even on warm days that i dont use it.

I bought my first tub of this when I was 14... Today I'm nearly 30 (ALMOST, not quite yet) and I still adore this rich, soft and highly moisturising butter. This texture is light but very nourishing, and doesn't leave your skin sticky. It's great for dry area's and patches, they will disappear overnight. I use it as a foot cream too, which works great. The scent reminds me of olives, but also has a "clean" vibe into it. Nice olive soap kind of perfume. I find that this particular butter is The best of their entire range of body butters. I will definitely repurchase again and again.

Olive is quite a unique scent in the entire butter range. It is somewhere in-between those fruity exotic scents and those more nut-ones. It is quite an unusual one too, so you have to test it in-store before you purchase one. It is not a product that suits everyone.
Quality and texture wise it is just as great and awesome as all other ones from the Body Shop. Leaves your skin baby smooth and gorgeous.

If you want to discover other the Body Shop products from the 'butter' range - you can check this blog post review below. Hope you find it helpful!

on 2/14/2016 10:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Pros:
- Smells amazing
- Moisturizing

Cons:
- Jar packaging