Smashbox Photo Finish Light

Smashbox Photo Finish Light

3.4

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polysilicone-11, Butylene Glycol, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Carbomer, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Triethanolamine, Decyl Glucoside, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Hexylene Glycol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Oligopeptide-10

on 11/14/2016 4:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I think its really vanish the pores but i still get oily in 3 or 4 hours specially around the nose so it doesn't control my oil that much

When I first started using this primer, I wasnt convinced, but I think it was becuase I wasn't applying enough.. so I now apply more and really like the velvet finish on my skin creating a flawless base for my foundation, I have combination skin and the lady recommended this over the original and I still find my nose is very dry so I just make sure I pop more moisturiser on the dryer areas before applying this. I have noticed my makeup lasting a lot longer and think I will definately try this or maybe even the hydrating formula now we are in the winter months!

To Read all 457 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have been using this primer for a few years now and to be completely honest it is the only primer I've ever used so I can't really compare it to anything. I purchased it in the hope that it would stop the oils from pouring through my make-up every day but it doesn't really stop them it just minimises the amount that comes through. I still have to use my Laura Mercier powder and my Skindinavia setting spray to be almost completely oil free through out the day. I use this primer every morning after moisturiser and before foundation, sometimes I even set it with Skindinavia and this does a very good job of setting it for the day. I love the texture of this primer and it creates a lovely smooth base for make-up but I would love to know if there are any other cheaper alternatives out there I can use. In the cold winter months when I don't need powder and setting spray it works very well, I just wouldn't rely on it alone in the summer.

It is a staple in my routine because it applies easily, sinks in quickly and does create a good base for make-up which I enjoy, I just wouldn't class it as a holy grail. The tube lasts me a good 5 - 6 months because I only need to use a small amount for it to be effective, and I do like the packaging because once you start hitting the bottom you can get nearly every last drop out of it! It is very expensive for what it does (£26.00) and I don't really think its worth that, I would rather spend less money on something that does the same thing. My skin is very prone to break outs and this product has never broken me out.

on 8/22/2016 12:09:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Accidentally purchased this while standing in line at Sephora. I meant to grab the original primer, but I got this and was sorely disappointed. It doesn't have that silky feel to it, it feels more like lotion. I believe this would be better for people who are prone to breakouts, as it is a very light primer. It doesn't do a whole lot for pores, but it does help your foundation go on more easily. Personally, I would not re-purchase just because this product doesn't do a whole lot of good for me. It's also not cheap.

I really really wanted to like this product. But after using it for 2 months I finally admitted that it was a waste of money. I chose to use the LIGHT over the ORIGINAL because I liked how it disappeared into my skin and didn't leave any sort of residue. The ORIGINAL felt slightly greasy when i tested it on the back of my hand. I have combination skin and I didn't want heavy residue on my face in the middle of a hot summer. After using it I found that it did not help my foundation blend better into my skin, not did it help it last longer or make my pores smaller. I tried using the primer on only half of my face and applied my foundation like normal over my entire face. Both sides of my face looked exactly the same after applying makeup and after 4 hours my foundation started coming off evenly on both sides. I am really disappointed because I liked the product and enjoyed using it. The texture is not too silicone feeling and doesn't turn into little balls like a previous poster said. It feels very nice.

I am willing to try the ORIGINAL next time. But I will not purchase the LIGHT again. It did absolutely nothing for me.

on 7/10/2016 9:57:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I have combo skin and large pores. My skin also tends to suck in all foundation, hence poor longevity.

I found this to be ok. It hasn't broken me out in acne. It's not uncomfortable to wear as it really is very light. It doesn't pill (roll off), but goes on well with my routine (moisturiser, sunscreen, primer then foundation).

I think it MAY slightly increase the longevity of my make up. The foundation that normally transfers, still transfers with this. It doesn't stop the oil in my T zone. However, it doesn't make it worse (unlike Benefit's POREfressional, which somehow INCREASES the oil production ...weird).

My pores look slightly smaller. BUT my pores still look the same size with an only foundation look. So overall for pores, there is no real effect.

So basically, I feel like I'm doing something. It MAY increase the foundation longevity. It doesn't really do much else.

I must admit, so far I haven't come across a single face primer that has impressed me...

This is a nice primer. It feels really great going on to my skin, and it doesn't break me out. The only thing that I don't like about it is the price.

It kind of reminds me of glue. Just because it looks like it.
The only reason I won't repurchase is because I want to try the original next.

on 4/23/2016 5:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have three Smashbox primers and this is hands-down the worst primer I've ever tried. It feels like it never dries and actually makes my makeup wear off. Just yesterday I used this only on my t-zone and chin and after about 8 hours my foundation (IT Cosmetics CC+) was just... Gone. I've never had wear like that even when I haven't used a primer. The clear primer is way better than this, if you're dying to try Smashbox, but honestly I'd go with any other brand.

on 3/26/2016 10:34:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Love this primer! I have very oily and acne-prone skin! I am happy I was able to search for a primer that does the work and does not cause future breakouts! (Very
Impt!!)

Pros:
1. As mentioned, does not cause breakouts!
2. Light and non-greasy feeling!
3. Helps foundation or powder to settle in

Cons:
1. Ironically, makes my skin look shiny after 2hrs or so. I have to use oil blotter or reapply powder

on 3/19/2016 3:15:00 PM

My esthetician recommended that I start using an "oil free" & "silicone free" primer as I was getting some pore congestion on my chin and under my lower lip. I had attributed these little breakouts to menopause as the rest of my face is unaffected. She insisted it was from my Laura Mercier primer and told me that it contains a lot of oils.

Upon her suggestion she recommended either the LORAC I'm so sensitive or the Smashbox light. I have never been a fan of SB primers and wanted to try the LORAC as I love her Porefection primer, but ULTA was out of stock so I bought this. I tried it on the back of my hand in the store and it felt light and silky, not so when applied to my face. I had the same issue with this as I did the other SB primers, they contain so many silicones that they ball or pill up on my face when rubbed too much. I didn't experience this upon application of the primer but definitely did upon application and blending of my foundation. I had so many little silicone balls mixed with foundation all over my face that I thought I was using my PTR dead skin peel! There were far too many to attempt plucking with tweezers so I had to remove what I had on, rewash, remoisturize and reapply a different primer and then reapply my foundation. I pulled the box and looked at the ingredients and this stuff is not "oil and silicone free", granted they are not in the first 3 ingredients listed but it still contains what she told me to avoid. Either SB has changed their formula or she doesn't know as much about primers as she thinks.

Thank goodness I always save my empty boxes until I use a product for 1-2 weeks, this is going back to ULTA and I will just wait until they restock Lorac's I'm so sensitive and give that a try.

I will say that I like SB's foundations and count Halo as one of my favorites. Their blushes, highlighters, eyeshadows and liners are awesome, but their primers are an epic fail for me. I don't have a lot of love for their lipsticks or glosses either, but that's just me.