Smashbox Photo Finish Light

Smashbox Photo Finish Light

3.4

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polysilicone-11, Butylene Glycol, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Carbomer, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Triethanolamine, Decyl Glucoside, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Hexylene Glycol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Oligopeptide-10

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Nice primer for colder months not so much for summer .

This is the Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer in Light.
They have so many different Primers from the Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer range that you can find your specific one!

The prize is a little expensive for me but it is an oil free primer and it's so soft and gentle to my skin!

Love it <3

on 3/3/2017 11:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I've been trying lots of primers lately and this is honestly the worst one that I've tried. It makes my makeup look worse than if I wore no primer at all AND it breaks me out. It does have some oil control, but not a lot. I would pass on this primer.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I'm typically not a primer person but I was curious. I did tons of research before buying this LIGHT version and it fell short on my expectations...

I have oily/combo skin, prone to clogs if using wrong products, and can also get dehydrated if not moisturized properly. Upon reading reviews for this, many users said this product is very moisturizing due to it's lotion-like texture. I agree because I placed a big glob on my hand when I was at Sephora. It is very moisturizing without being greasy. I thought, hey, I like this product. Until...

The next morning, I put a pea size on my cheeks and it just glided on the skin and kind of disappeared. (I did not use any moisturizer prior to this primer). It left a dry feeling on my cheeks. Dry as in using something like a silicone texture. I then proceeded to use my MAC studio Fix and everything seemed ok. My face was pretty matte and I went on with my day. About 3-4 hours in at work, I could start to feel oil coming out of my pores and that heavy makeup feeling. Gross! It's one of those times that I really wanted to go home and wash my face. I truly believe this feeling is from using the primer. There really was no pore minimization or oil control. At first, your skin stays pretty matte and great but then the horror comes and your face just becomes an oily and splotchy mess. I looked really shiny too. It's expensive for what you get but if the product doesn't work, it's not worth keeping it. I'm going to return this. Some good things include the minimal ingredient list and that is it fragrance-free. Unfortunately, it's just not for my skin. YMMV.

on 11/14/2016 4:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I think its really vanish the pores but i still get oily in 3 or 4 hours specially around the nose so it doesn't control my oil that much

When I first started using this primer, I wasnt convinced, but I think it was becuase I wasn't applying enough.. so I now apply more and really like the velvet finish on my skin creating a flawless base for my foundation, I have combination skin and the lady recommended this over the original and I still find my nose is very dry so I just make sure I pop more moisturiser on the dryer areas before applying this. I have noticed my makeup lasting a lot longer and think I will definately try this or maybe even the hydrating formula now we are in the winter months!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have been using this primer for a few years now and to be completely honest it is the only primer I've ever used so I can't really compare it to anything. I purchased it in the hope that it would stop the oils from pouring through my make-up every day but it doesn't really stop them it just minimises the amount that comes through. I still have to use my Laura Mercier powder and my Skindinavia setting spray to be almost completely oil free through out the day. I use this primer every morning after moisturiser and before foundation, sometimes I even set it with Skindinavia and this does a very good job of setting it for the day. I love the texture of this primer and it creates a lovely smooth base for make-up but I would love to know if there are any other cheaper alternatives out there I can use. In the cold winter months when I don't need powder and setting spray it works very well, I just wouldn't rely on it alone in the summer.

It is a staple in my routine because it applies easily, sinks in quickly and does create a good base for make-up which I enjoy, I just wouldn't class it as a holy grail. The tube lasts me a good 5 - 6 months because I only need to use a small amount for it to be effective, and I do like the packaging because once you start hitting the bottom you can get nearly every last drop out of it! It is very expensive for what it does (£26.00) and I don't really think its worth that, I would rather spend less money on something that does the same thing. My skin is very prone to break outs and this product has never broken me out.

on 8/22/2016 12:09:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Accidentally purchased this while standing in line at Sephora. I meant to grab the original primer, but I got this and was sorely disappointed. It doesn't have that silky feel to it, it feels more like lotion. I believe this would be better for people who are prone to breakouts, as it is a very light primer. It doesn't do a whole lot for pores, but it does help your foundation go on more easily. Personally, I would not re-purchase just because this product doesn't do a whole lot of good for me. It's also not cheap.

I really really wanted to like this product. But after using it for 2 months I finally admitted that it was a waste of money. I chose to use the LIGHT over the ORIGINAL because I liked how it disappeared into my skin and didn't leave any sort of residue. The ORIGINAL felt slightly greasy when i tested it on the back of my hand. I have combination skin and I didn't want heavy residue on my face in the middle of a hot summer. After using it I found that it did not help my foundation blend better into my skin, not did it help it last longer or make my pores smaller. I tried using the primer on only half of my face and applied my foundation like normal over my entire face. Both sides of my face looked exactly the same after applying makeup and after 4 hours my foundation started coming off evenly on both sides. I am really disappointed because I liked the product and enjoyed using it. The texture is not too silicone feeling and doesn't turn into little balls like a previous poster said. It feels very nice.

I am willing to try the ORIGINAL next time. But I will not purchase the LIGHT again. It did absolutely nothing for me.

on 7/10/2016 9:57:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I have combo skin and large pores. My skin also tends to suck in all foundation, hence poor longevity.

I found this to be ok. It hasn't broken me out in acne. It's not uncomfortable to wear as it really is very light. It doesn't pill (roll off), but goes on well with my routine (moisturiser, sunscreen, primer then foundation).

I think it MAY slightly increase the longevity of my make up. The foundation that normally transfers, still transfers with this. It doesn't stop the oil in my T zone. However, it doesn't make it worse (unlike Benefit's POREfressional, which somehow INCREASES the oil production ...weird).

My pores look slightly smaller. BUT my pores still look the same size with an only foundation look. So overall for pores, there is no real effect.

So basically, I feel like I'm doing something. It MAY increase the foundation longevity. It doesn't really do much else.

I must admit, so far I haven't come across a single face primer that has impressed me...