Smashbox Photo Finish Light

Smashbox Photo Finish Light

3.4

2018: Water\Aqua\Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Polysilicone-11, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Decyl Glucoside, Carbomer, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Triethanolamine, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Phenoxyethanol **** Previous ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polysilicone-11, Butylene Glycol, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Carbomer, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Triethanolamine, Decyl Glucoside, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Hexylene Glycol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Oligopeptide-10

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i bought it cause i read very good reviews from Harper's Bazaar.It was a best seller.It helps my foundation stay 7-8 hours.I had a Max factor primer and it lasted 4 hours.I am very oily so i totally recommend it.Thank you smashbox.Not very expensive,30 euros.I use L'oreal infallible matte but alone it lasts only 3 hours.With this 7-8.I still can't believe it.

This is a great product, my only one wish is that they returned it to having the more robust square plastic packaging that it had about 6 years ago as I am not totally convinced with the new packaging.
The product itself is still as good as ever as a base primer.

on 12/2/2017 5:23:00 PM

Well i read many reviews here and i will agree either you hate it or love it. Well for me i loved it, it moisturizes the skin, blurrs out perfections, did not break me out and you can also use it on eye area. And it does not have this silicon feeling which i hate. It perfectly moisturizes the skin and absorbs very quickly. I used it together with Estee Lauder Double Wear and the effect was simply WOW! The make up artist of Smashbox made me this combo and it was like so silky, my big pores were blurred, my dry patches were gone...i set it with the smashbox powder. Agree with other readers this primer do not control oilyness neither prolongs staying power but my skin felt comfortable all the time. I love this primer gotta say! I have oily skin with huge pores with acne scarring...and my skin is dehydrated as well! What is very important try your foundation with this primer, every primer acts differently with different foundation. Anyways never buy anything without trying product at least two times. I really liked this primer, i tried other primers from Smashbox and this was somehow my fave. Note-i tried this in wintertime. Cannot comment how will behave in warmer climate!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

VERDICT: This is an AMAZING PRIMER!

FOR REFERENCE:
-I use the NARS Sheer Glow foundation. Makeup wear time on me remains same regardless if I use primer (any brand) or no primer.
-I have acne all year round, but dry skin in winter and oily in summer. So, I skip primer in winter. And, in summer I only wear primer to even out my exacerbated acne skin texture.

PROS:
-satin finish: not dry flat matte but not oily. Very skin like finish for me and even glowy (for my oily skin)
-literally blurs out skin issues. I have acne all year round, so texture wise my skin sucks. This legit blurrs out texture issues and pores. I am amazed!
-very comfortable to wear: not dehydrating, not greasy or heavy, does not cling to dry patches (and i have them due to acne treatment), ultra-light consistency!

CONS:
-does not make my makeup stay longer (but to be fair, no primer I have tried has done that.. makeup usually lasts long on me anyway because I am meticulous about setting my makeup correctly with powder.)
-does not control oiliness to a great extent (again, no other primer I have found that does. I usually blot every 3 hours and am good)

CONCLUSION: I want to call this HG but before that I will try the many primer options in the market. Mainly to see if I find something that can give me oil control/ greater makeup wear WITHOUT sticking to dry flakey areas. But, this is definitely one of the best in the market!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Nice primer for colder months not so much for summer .

This is the Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer in Light.
They have so many different Primers from the Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer range that you can find your specific one!

The prize is a little expensive for me but it is an oil free primer and it's so soft and gentle to my skin!

Love it <3

on 3/3/2017 11:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I've been trying lots of primers lately and this is honestly the worst one that I've tried. It makes my makeup look worse than if I wore no primer at all AND it breaks me out. It does have some oil control, but not a lot. I would pass on this primer.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I'm typically not a primer person but I was curious. I did tons of research before buying this LIGHT version and it fell short on my expectations...

I have oily/combo skin, prone to clogs if using wrong products, and can also get dehydrated if not moisturized properly. Upon reading reviews for this, many users said this product is very moisturizing due to it's lotion-like texture. I agree because I placed a big glob on my hand when I was at Sephora. It is very moisturizing without being greasy. I thought, hey, I like this product. Until...

The next morning, I put a pea size on my cheeks and it just glided on the skin and kind of disappeared. (I did not use any moisturizer prior to this primer). It left a dry feeling on my cheeks. Dry as in using something like a silicone texture. I then proceeded to use my MAC studio Fix and everything seemed ok. My face was pretty matte and I went on with my day. About 3-4 hours in at work, I could start to feel oil coming out of my pores and that heavy makeup feeling. Gross! It's one of those times that I really wanted to go home and wash my face. I truly believe this feeling is from using the primer. There really was no pore minimization or oil control. At first, your skin stays pretty matte and great but then the horror comes and your face just becomes an oily and splotchy mess. I looked really shiny too. It's expensive for what you get but if the product doesn't work, it's not worth keeping it. I'm going to return this. Some good things include the minimal ingredient list and that is it fragrance-free. Unfortunately, it's just not for my skin. YMMV.

on 11/14/2016 4:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I think its really vanish the pores but i still get oily in 3 or 4 hours specially around the nose so it doesn't control my oil that much

When I first started using this primer, I wasnt convinced, but I think it was becuase I wasn't applying enough.. so I now apply more and really like the velvet finish on my skin creating a flawless base for my foundation, I have combination skin and the lady recommended this over the original and I still find my nose is very dry so I just make sure I pop more moisturiser on the dryer areas before applying this. I have noticed my makeup lasting a lot longer and think I will definately try this or maybe even the hydrating formula now we are in the winter months!