Origins Clean Energy Cleansing Oil

Origins Clean Energy Cleansing Oil

4.3

Olive Oil, Safflower Seed Oil, Sesame Seed Oil, Sunflower Seed Oil, Grape Seed Oil, PEG-25 Glyceryl Trioleate, Macadamia Seed Oil, Kukui Seed Oil, Sweet Orange Peel Oil, Lavandin Oil, Lemon Peel Oil, Bergamot Fruit Oil, Grapefruit Peel Oil, Cedarwood Bark Oil, Patchouli Oil, Clary Sage Oil, Rosemary Leaf Oil, Geranium Flower Oil, Australian Sandalwood Oil, Sandalwood Bark Oil, Linalool, Limonene, Sorbitan Trioleate, Tocopheryl Acetate

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This product is amazing. It takes off my makeup better than any other face wash and it makes my skin soft and clean. I have extremely sensitive skin and this product does not cause me to breakout. My skin can also be really oily and this is still great for it. Highly recommend.

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

It's the BEST cleansing oil ever.

It is olive oil based, very natual. It doen't hurt the skin.

Cleaning effect is very good. Easy for eye makeup or heavy makeup.

I've used at least 5 bottles since years ago. I'm still using it.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

This is my favorite cleansing oil by far, natural ingredients with no additional weird mystery chemicals.

A clean herbal smell, doesn't cling to the skin, leaves your skin feeling clean & moisturized. I primarily use this to remove my mascara & eye makeup, as a part of my double cleansing routine.

My one complaint is the packaging, the bottle is sold with a screw cap. There is a pump, but it must be purchased separately. With this cleansing oil costing almost $30, I don't want to have to pay additional money. However it's worth it, if you continue to purchase the product. One bottle lasted me a year and change. Already on my second bottle!

on 3/4/2016 3:42:00 PM

I am 40 and have the worst acne-prone skin. I use Proactive, but when it got cold in NJ, my skin started drying out. I had ears that oily skinned people could use cleansing oils, so I asked a rep at Origins if this would work for me.

I have used it over a month and so far, so good! I still break out occasionally, but that happens regardless of what I use.

This product smells good and moisturizes my face without making it greasy. I would definitely recommend buying the pump to go in the bottle, otherwise you will use too much product.

This balanced out my skin without breaking me out terribly and I noticed my skin was softer right after I used it.

I would definitely purchase again!

I really wanted a cleansing oil that worked well, did not contain mineral oil (so no Shu Uemura sadly), smelled good, and was a decent size and would not break the bank. This product has fit the bill perfectly. I looked into the Boscia one, Shu (mineral oil, ug), a bunch of the drugstore ones (more mineral oil, ug), the L'Occitane one, and settled on trying this one. I would have tried the DHC one, too, but this one is more readily available for purchase at Origins stores whereas you need to order the DHC. I may eventually still order and try the DHC. I was originally just going to try regular oil cleansing and while I heard that it may work for some people well, straight oil contains no surfectants to help you rinse the oil and gunk it removes away. This Origins oil is great. First, buy the pump! Just do it. At least you can reuse with every bottle. I can only imagine the mess and waste that must happen without a pump. I use three pumps every night into palm of hand, dab some oil on forehead, a dab on each eye, and the rest spread around my nose, cheeks, chin area. Smells great and lightly citrusy. Then just massage, massage, massage. This is actually a good time to give yourself a facial massage, and the oil makes it easy. It takes everything off, does not sting eyes at all (after initially rubbing over eyelids, I can open eyes and rub closer to lashline to remove mascara and liner and it does not hurt or give me any sensation at all, just a little blurry due to oil), and rinses away easily. Your skin is left soft and not tight. Hasn't broken me out, and I've been using for more than a month.

on 8/29/2015 8:50:00 AM

I loved this cleansing oil during the first week as it cleansed my face better than any other cleanser I've used (and I have tried A LOT). However I noticed my face started to get lots of tiny bumps everywhere. I thought this was just the purging stage so I continued using it. On the third week I broke out badly. I was getting spots in places where I never have them such as my cheeks and forehead. As soon as I stopped using this the spots stopped but I still had to deal with the ones I already got. This cleansing oil is olive based so I have concluded that olive oil is just not for my skin. I used olive oil itself before trying this oil and clogged by pores even faster. I don't even know why I decided to try it the second time. I'm really disspointed because I've heard so many great things about olive oil. My friend uses just EVOO and she has flawless skin. The only good thing about this cleansing oil is that it removed my eye makeup amazingly, better than my actual eye makeup remover and it didn't sting my eyes.

Luckily I was able to get a refund on the product which I paid £25.50 for including the pump which was silly to have to buy separately since it should come with the bottle.

I am currently using the Shu Uemura Porefinist Anti-Shine Fresh cleansing oil and so far it has not clogged my pores. It's actually unclogging all the pores I got from the Origins oil. The spots from my breakout are also fading slowly. I have not been using my Shu cleansing oil for long so I can't say I love it straight away but it's doing good so far. Maybe I'll write a review in a couple of weeks about it.

I bought this as I am running low on my Clinique Cleansing Balm and just fancied something new (I was on a bit of a shopping spree!).
It has that typical zingy Origins smell, a really refreshing, wake you up in the morning type of smell but it also smells luxurious and reminds me of being at the spa and who doesn't want that in their own home?!

I have been using the product for 2 weeks.
To use: wash your hands (some people forget to wash their hands before cleansing their face), then use 4 pumps and massage the oil into your skin, I take particular time massaging around the drier areas of my face. I massage for about 1 minute and then run my hands under the water and massage my face for about 30 seconds, when the product meets water it turns kind of milky. Then I use a sponge cloth (I have a Dermalogica one) to remove everything from my face.
It is also mild enough to use around your eyes and is great at removing make up and, in particular, eye make up (although I double cleanse to take my make up off anyway).
Results: my skin feels a lot smoother and my skintone is more even since I started using this. My skin feels very hydrated as well, very supple.
I personally do not like face washes but love cleansing balms and oils so I love this product and will definitely be repurchasing when I run out.

on 1/8/2015 2:53:00 AM

Recently purchased this product at a warehouse sale, so i didn't realize that you have to purchase the pump separately which I just learned from reading these reviews.That was my main pet peeve about this product as it's very messy. Every time I use it I get an oil ring on the counter after I set it down.

Other than that, it is a nice cleanser. Leaves my skin feeling soft and fresh after using it.

on 12/30/2014 6:23:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

3.5/5. I liked but didn't love it. I found it was a little thicker and harder to wash off than some others I've tried. It also didn't give me the deep pore clean that I'd hoped for. Although this didn't make me super red or give me cystic acne, I did experience mild irritation because of all the natural citrus oils in it. The upside of that is the incredible scent of this stuff! It makes washing your MU off a lovely experience. I really liked the packaging. Absolutely buy the pump with this!

Good value for the price, bottle looks nice in your bathroom, not suitable for sensitive or clog prone skin.

on 11/9/2014 9:06:00 PM

This has been my main cleanser for 2 years now and I'm overall very happy with it. I have big pores and oily acne-prone skin but it has actually helped me to completely stop depending on oil blotting papers which I used to buy in bulk whenever there's a sale. I still have a couple of untouched packs in my cabinet. I also live in a very hot and dry climate and no matter how much water I drink I would always wake up to dry skin screaming for whatever lotion I can reach and slap on.

This product cleanly washes away and lasts a looooong time, I swear my current one has been half full the entire year. You have to be patient though and that can be a downside if you're in a hurry or don't have the time in your daily schedule to luxuriate in a detailed cleansing routine. You need to take the time to massage it all over and work it in. If you don't take the time then you're not going to feel clean and you'll also feel an unpleasant oily residue because it didn't all wash away. It's very effective in taking makeup off but again only if you take the time to massage it in.