C.O. Bigelow Mentha Vitamin Body Lotion

No Image

3.5

on 8/6/2017 6:09:00 PM

These Bigelow lotions are nice, silky lotions that absorb well. Not too thick, on the "medium" texture side, fluid and absorb without being sticky or heavy. This one is peppermint scented, and it's quite tingly/ cooling, so it's good for summer in the middle of the heat. I love the mentha soap also. The only thing I don't like is it does have this sort of "undersmell" that I'm not fond of, and I see a couple of other reviewers noticed it too, so it's not just me. It's not horrible, but I notice it just enough that I'm not sure if I would repurchase it. Overall, a nice lotion for around $12.

on 1/2/2015 10:48:00 PM

I bought this for my boyfriends stocking when bath and body works did their buy 3 get 3 free. I tried this last night after washing my hands with bath and body works soap, which by the way really drys out my hands, big time. Anyways, right away I felt the tingling sensation which I love in any product. After that I applied it to my legs and they felt nice and cool. Like someone said I would never put this on and step outside on a cool winter day. I think I'm going to try using it in the morning after my shower to wake me up. Ps. Glycerin is one of the main ingredients so it actually is a really great moisturizer. I just wish it smelt more girly instead of minty.

on 12/11/2011 12:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I went on a mint lotion spree and tried some really crap products. This was the best of the bunch for the overall body! Love the mint and the slight tingly sensation...

on 9/1/2009 12:13:00 AM

This lotion goes on smoothly and absorbs well. The smell is clean and refreshing, like peppermint leaves. It tends to fade away quickly; I wish it lasted a little longer. The cooling, tingling sensation makes this a nice moisturizer for warm weather. But I would not recommend putting it on just before you go outside on a cold winter day, because you will really feel the chill!

on 2/16/2009 12:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

This stuff is alright, not great enough to buy again tho. It smells nice, but I agree with the person who said it has an after-scent that is not so great. The pepperminty smell does wear off and you're left with a weird chemical smell. Not so crazy about that. It also can only be used in the summer, this stuff tingles and cools your skin, if I tried to use this in the winter I'd probably go into shock.

on 7/23/2013 2:23:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Wow...this stuff is INTENSE. I have the body wash which I really like, but using the body lotion is just too much. It moisturizes my skin just fine and I didn't get that odd chemical after smell, but what I did get was the feeling that I'd just taken a bath in Icy Hot. I was FREEZING in the middle of July...wrapped in blankets while I did my makeup. This unpleasantness lasted for about a half hour until it finally cooled down. I save this for sore muscles and whenever I feel a bit warm and it cools me down, and once I run out, I'm never buying this stuff again.

Contrary to other reviewers I found the combined effect of Mentha Body Wash (used the limited edition with Orange) and this lotion to be very strong - loved that effect because I live in a hot and humid climate. This really delivered, unlike other lotions with peppermint.

Also thought the scent was great - for about 2 minutes. However, this product has an after-scent that is (to my nose!) quite unpleasant. And while the delicious peppermint scent wears off in no time, this one lingers, and lingers, and lingers... I am tempted to say it stinks, and therefore I do not recommend this lotion.

My favorite aspect of this product is the minty tingle from the peppermint oil. I enjoyed the peppermint scent too, which was stronger than I had expected, and seemed to last quite a while on me. This is an excellent lotion for summer because the peppermint oil tingle actually cools the skin. This is pricier than most lotions I purchase, but I would buy it again just for cooling off in summer.

on 11/24/2007 9:26:00 PM

Hmm I thought basically the total opposite of the last review. It is too pricey for the quality, I mean you could get a much better lotion for $14. (I got it for about $2 [average price of 8 products, I bought] because of the $10 off $30+ then I had like a $12gc etc) Back to the review. The scent is minty, duh! Wears off kind of fast, but still there. Moisturizes quite good! I love this for winter, but it's no HG. I doubt that I will purchase it for the full price.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm extremely fond of the entire "Mentha" line, so I figured I'd give this stuff a try after receiving it as a gift. It's very moisturizing and has a pleasant minty smell, but it's not as profound as the scent of the body wash, which I also have. There was no "after-smell" on me, it just seemed like the mint faded away after a few minutes. It's not bad at all, though. I put this on my legs a while ago and they're very smooth now. However, fourteen bucks is a bit much for it.