L'Oreal Colour Riche Lipstick in Golden Splendor

3.7

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

At first I hated it. Washed me out. Then I tried it again after I tanned (self tanner) and it's so beautiful! Definitely a great color if you have a tan or darker skin tones. I pair this with some bronzer and a beautiful green eyeshadow and I feel like a beach goddess! The formula is frosty but really moisturizing. I do pair it with a darker lip liner to give it more dimension. I'm glad I gave this color a second chance. When I'm in my natural pale state, I can always layer this over anothe lip color to get that shimmer but not look so washed out.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My fave Loreal lipstick along w Mica & Fairest Nude. I love the color of this, it's a pale champagne frost but also sheer. I've never seen anything exactly like it. Very unique. Not a nude. This is less than $10 & manages to actually be something edgy/interesting from Loreal coz Loreal I think of more in terms of staples (foundation, powder etc). I discovered this lipstick back when I lived in a different state (so prior to 2009!) coz my trusty walgreens lady who helped me w some of my makeup quandaries (she helped me discover Revlon ColorStay foundation as well!!), when she showed me this i was very hesitant but I got it & it's beautiful!! Perfect w smoky eye rimmed in black & carved out contour...MAC Bronze Shimmer lipstick is similar but a little darker, also Nars Honolulu Honey is close. I have both of them but this lipstick is gorg for being DS! I normally don't wear a lot of DS lipstick except for elf & wnw. Stodgy Loreal is not for grannies I rather like them! I just either buy really cheap so I can save up for MAC or wear MAC, period. I've come across some gr8 Loreal products lately.

To Read all 18 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Normal, Dark, Neutral

I can't even think of any words to say but.... THIS IS ONE OF THE WORST LIPSTICKS I'VE EVER TRIED!!!!!! it hads a weird smell, and there is BARELY any pigmentation at all!!! It behaves like a greasy lip balm!! If you like a $9.99 greasy lipbalm lipstick, than this is 4 you!!! i'm never buying this again!!!

This is a really useful lipstick. It goes on pretty sheer but does have enough color to show up on my lips. Though I sometimes wear it on its own, I usually prefer to layer it with another lipstick (Honolulu Honey in particular).

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

Golden Splendor is my HG (holy grail) everyday lipstick.... I've worn it for many years (about 15+ years). It's not a "boom boom pow" golden lipstick lol, but a nude, warmer-than-champagne, neutral lipstick shade. I used to wear L'oreal Sheer Goldilocks which was a sheer golden lipstick with a ever so slight pink frost to it. Since I like the feel of Colour Riche lipsticks on my lips, when L'oreal discontinued sheer goldilocks, I looked within their product line for a replacement. Golden Splendor was the closest thing to it, and I have not been disappointed. Looks especially beautiful on brown skintones...

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Golden splendor is shimmery gold.it last verry long,it goes on smoothly on the application.it goes with: purple,black,gold,nude,orange-gold eye shadows. Love it!

It is nice for a base color but you need a lip gloss over it.

Golden Splendor was a great find for me. It is quite sheer, which works very well for what I wanted--a wash of golden color to wear over other lipstick shades. I do not like the overly wet look of glosses, so I really wanted to find a "golden" lipstick....not the easiest thing to find!
Now it is a bit frosty, but I find that it is toned down a lot when used rather lightly over other colors. I just get a nice golden highlight over the lipstick shade I am wearing--never a "oooh look at that poor girl's awful frosty lipstick" effect. I would not use this on bare lips, and it is not a good nude lip color choice, but for a "non lip gloss" golden wash, this works very nicely for me. I have not noticed much of a scent or taste, and the price and packaging are just fine. I will most definitely repurchase.

Not too highly pigmented. This is what I wear with heavy eyes. Just enough to look like something's there, but not bare lips. Just shimmery enough without being juvenile or glittery. On my 2nd tube!

PROS: Not a sheer, not shiny, not matte. Just a creamy, luxurious feel. Yummy, almost-chocolately smell. Reasonable price. Not overwhelmingly frosty gold. I like it much better over a stain instead of alone. Elegant packaging. Looks great on my N15 (leaning to NC) skin.

CONS: Wears as frosty than it looks, which might be a con to some. But by the name and the look of it, you should probably be prepared for a golden frost.

****There is a review for this with the name misspelled as "Color" instead of "Colour."****