L'Oreal Colour Riche Lipstick in Golden Splendor

3.7

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

ETA : 8/2017- Still HG for me, but 4 star bc of the scent. Maybelline's Color Sensational Matte Metallics lipstick in shade White Gold (more silver) is a very close 2nd next to Golden Splendor -- for this #1 reason-- the scent. I really dislike the Loreal lipsticks scents and I find it strong so much that I end up smelling it all day and tasting it. Maybelline's white gold version is creamy and smells like all their lipsticks, like vanilla and has no taste! Sooooo much better. I got to the point where I could only wear this loreal lipstick once in awhile bc the smell just stuck with me but it's still so natural looking and creamy without settling into lip lines.

Will not repurchase Golden Splendor if Maybelline keeps making their metallic line. Im buying backups.
---------------
I bought my first in this line today: Golden Splendor. (now my HG lipsitck).

Absolutely in love.

I'm light-to-medium light caucasian and I like dark lipsticks but just never have the balls to wear them as often as I should. I also feel like no matter how tan i get, darker lipsticks (even brown based) wash me out or make me look goth.

Golden splendor was exactly what Ive been looking for. Its like my perfect nude. Sheer, some sparkles/shimmer but super fine - and almost frosted but not. It has no pink, brown, peach - for a sheer nude - its awesome. Doesnt wash me out bc its not really "skin" toned- just a beautiful sheer gold with sparkle.

Creamy formula, applies well, love the gold packaging. It even looks great on my lips when I blot - the color still stays subtly which says a lot for a sheer lipstick!

Only caveat - the smell. I should have checked reviews. Im sensitive to smells but I can stand this mostly bc its my fav lipstick color of all-time. I find that the smell - for me - doesnt go away either. Im wearing it now and can still smell/taste it. Wish theyd change the scent. I think a flavored gloss over or under would help camoflauge the scent. But i still love this. Going back to buy backups!!!

EDIT to add; I have literally been wearing this lipstick non-stop since I bought it on Saturday (so 2 days). The formula is friggen amazing, even for a frosty light colored shade. When I lick my lips - the color STAYS. If I blot, the color is still THERE. If the lipstick is doing this for a super light shade, I can't imagine how awesome the staying power is for darker shades in this line. Definitely recommend this lipstick. I said in my above review that I'm going to buy backups - I AM. I want one of these suckers in my purse, at home, and at work. I love it that much! (also, I'm finding that I'm getting used to the smell. It helps to apply a lipgloss with it - if you can - which works well for lighter shades, like mine.) I'm finding that what I love most about this shade is that it's light enough to be applied like a lip gloss/balm - but still can be pulled off as a full-out lipstick. Love this color.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

At first I hated it. Washed me out. Then I tried it again after I tanned (self tanner) and it's so beautiful! Definitely a great color if you have a tan or darker skin tones. I pair this with some bronzer and a beautiful green eyeshadow and I feel like a beach goddess! The formula is frosty but really moisturizing. I do pair it with a darker lip liner to give it more dimension. I'm glad I gave this color a second chance. When I'm in my natural pale state, I can always layer this over anothe lip color to get that shimmer but not look so washed out.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My fave Loreal lipstick along w Mica & Fairest Nude. I love the color of this, it's a pale champagne frost but also sheer. I've never seen anything exactly like it. Very unique. Not a nude. This is less than $10 & manages to actually be something edgy/interesting from Loreal coz Loreal I think of more in terms of staples (foundation, powder etc). I discovered this lipstick back when I lived in a different state (so prior to 2009!) coz my trusty walgreens lady who helped me w some of my makeup quandaries (she helped me discover Revlon ColorStay foundation as well!!), when she showed me this i was very hesitant but I got it & it's beautiful!! Perfect w smoky eye rimmed in black & carved out contour...MAC Bronze Shimmer lipstick is similar but a little darker, also Nars Honolulu Honey is close. I have both of them but this lipstick is gorg for being DS! I normally don't wear a lot of DS lipstick except for elf & wnw. Stodgy Loreal is not for grannies I rather like them! I just either buy really cheap so I can save up for MAC or wear MAC, period. I've come across some gr8 Loreal products lately.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

Golden Splendor is my HG (holy grail) everyday lipstick.... I've worn it for many years (about 15+ years). It's not a "boom boom pow" golden lipstick lol, but a nude, warmer-than-champagne, neutral lipstick shade. I used to wear L'oreal Sheer Goldilocks which was a sheer golden lipstick with a ever so slight pink frost to it. Since I like the feel of Colour Riche lipsticks on my lips, when L'oreal discontinued sheer goldilocks, I looked within their product line for a replacement. Golden Splendor was the closest thing to it, and I have not been disappointed. Looks especially beautiful on brown skintones...

This is a really useful lipstick. It goes on pretty sheer but does have enough color to show up on my lips. Though I sometimes wear it on its own, I usually prefer to layer it with another lipstick (Honolulu Honey in particular).

Skin: Normal, Dark, Neutral

I can't even think of any words to say but.... THIS IS ONE OF THE WORST LIPSTICKS I'VE EVER TRIED!!!!!! it hads a weird smell, and there is BARELY any pigmentation at all!!! It behaves like a greasy lip balm!! If you like a $9.99 greasy lipbalm lipstick, than this is 4 you!!! i'm never buying this again!!!

It is nice for a base color but you need a lip gloss over it.

Golden Splendor was a great find for me. It is quite sheer, which works very well for what I wanted--a wash of golden color to wear over other lipstick shades. I do not like the overly wet look of glosses, so I really wanted to find a "golden" lipstick....not the easiest thing to find!
Now it is a bit frosty, but I find that it is toned down a lot when used rather lightly over other colors. I just get a nice golden highlight over the lipstick shade I am wearing--never a "oooh look at that poor girl's awful frosty lipstick" effect. I would not use this on bare lips, and it is not a good nude lip color choice, but for a "non lip gloss" golden wash, this works very nicely for me. I have not noticed much of a scent or taste, and the price and packaging are just fine. I will most definitely repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Golden splendor is shimmery gold.it last verry long,it goes on smoothly on the application.it goes with: purple,black,gold,nude,orange-gold eye shadows. Love it!

Not too highly pigmented. This is what I wear with heavy eyes. Just enough to look like something's there, but not bare lips. Just shimmery enough without being juvenile or glittery. On my 2nd tube!