Narciso Rodriguez For Her EDT

Narciso Rodriguez  For Her EDT

4.6

on 10/14/2017 12:53:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

A fragrance for when you want to feel grown-up, sexy, and confident. Love, love, love this fragrance!

on 3/30/2016 11:19:00 PM

This is one of my all time favorite perfumes. I love this! Good longevity. Amazing fragrance. This is a masterpiece in my opinion!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I discovered For Her when my best friend was a fragrance model at Nordstrom. You know-the pretty ladies who stand in the aisle with a bottle of perfume and some paper or ribbons sprayed with it? Anyway, she kept raving about this fragrance, and wound up giving me two huge tester bottles-one in edp and one in edt. My normal tastes lean toward the very sweet vanilla orientals and florientals. My fragrance cabinet contains Samsara, Shalimar, L de Lolita Lempicka, Sensuous, Hanae Mori, BPAL Snake Oil, Hypnotic Poison, Pink Sugar...you get my drift. The one category I cannot STAND is traditional florals. Yuck, gross, no. Strong, headache inducing, sharp, yuck. So when I got these bottles, I wore them a few times to please my friend, then dismissed them. Too floral. I kept reading that they were musky, but I just didn't see the musk. They smelled slightly sharp and fruity/floral to me. I didn't smell much difference between the edp and edt, despite hearing that they were completely different. The edp (pink bottle) had a bit more of a sharp peach type note.
Cut to farmers market a year or so later. I'm a big fan of 'hippie' oils blended into incense-type scents. Patchouli (in tiny doses), sandalwood, dragon's blood...love them all. I was testing a bunch when I picked up Egyptian Musk. Holy smokes! It was For Her...nearly identical! My curiosity hit, and I started reading up on the fragrance. I didn't realize prior to reading up that this perfume was considered a masterpiece. I came home and gave it another shot. I'm not sure if it was due to my perspective changing, but this time I kind of liked it. Much more fresh than my regular scents, and peachy/fruity. I figured it would make a nice summer fragrance. However, as soon as I began wearing it, the compliments started rolling in. The barista at Starbucks, the *much* younger guys at school (I'm a nursing student), people in checkout lines...everybody asked what it was. They said it just smelled warm and clean, and not too strong. Then my (now) husband, who I was dating at the time, said 'wow-whatever you're wearing smells really good'. He's never once complimented me prior.
All of these experiences added up to my 'reform'. I don't just wear For Her now because others like it...I wear it now because I love it. I want to bathe in it. I want to drink it. It smells like sunshine. Like warm musk and peach pulp and clean skin. I don't know how else to describe it. If I took a shower, and went and laid down naked on my bed, with sunshine coming through the window and shining on my skin, warming it up, while eating peaches...that's Narciso Rodriguez For Her. Amazing. I purchase the edt now since it is slightly softer and warmer. I find that they last the same amount of time.
If you haven't tried this one out, do it. If it's out of budget, pick up a bottle of Lovely by Sarah Jessica Parker. Not spot on, but an 80% dupe.

I always like For Her EDT, but not enough to buy it. It is a nice white floral perfume but what I like the most it is the musk and the dry down with the vanilla and the patchouli that stay for at least a day at work. I think it is a nice weekend, day fragrance for those who are not yet ready for a big oriental.

on 5/20/2014 5:09:00 PM

This is a very professional and floral scent, and I'd recommend it for use when you're in the office or any daytime occasion. Overall very good scent.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I am on my second bottle of this scent, only because my mum borrowed my first bottle and never returned it as she loved it so much.
How would I describe this scent? Slightly musky yet still clean. Feminine, but not florally and sickly. Sophisticated, elegant and classy.
It's so hard to describe a scent, but this scent just captures of these words into a fragrance.
I use this almost every day especially during the colder months. Will continue to repurchase this whenever I run out.

on 3/20/2014 1:05:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Fresh, daytime kind of fragnance, I think it would suit everyone.

on 2/21/2014 2:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I wore my NR for Her EDT again (black bottle) earlier this week, and ahhh! -- it was like coming home. I feel so comfortable and like "me" in this scent.

Launched in 2003, it's earthy, natural, musky -- with a bit of tang or a bite/saltiness from what note, I don't know -- vetiver maybe? A scent for musk-lovers -- for hippies, goth, naturalists, non-conformists -- the straightforward, the unpretentious -- for those who don't like foo-foo fancy or flowery perfumes -- for those who like to keep it real. A down-to-earth honest fragrance. Becomes one with skin scent. Great stuff!

I own the EDT (black bottle), the EDP (pink bottle), Eau Delicat (lilac bottle), and L'eau (light pink bottle) -- love them all and have separate reviews. Notes for all are listed for comparison under my NR for Her EDP (pink bottle) review.

Really beautiful packging & really nice perfume. Just very subtle and elegant, I don't think anyone would dislike it. BUT... it's NOTHING SPECIAL. There're SO MANY perfumes in the market with similar smell but only cost a fraction of its retail price.

on 10/17/2013 11:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I am quite difficult and picky when it comes to choosing a signature scent, but this scent (EDT) has not left my top three since it was introduced. It is warm (fall/winter for sure), quiet and restrained, sexy, sophisticated, graceful, and oh so elegant. It has a very subtle naughty side as well, but only b/c it possesses such a mysteriously soft and feminine saunter. It is also one of the most consistent scents when it comes to dry down and staying power. LOVE it!

Popular Fragrances