Narciso Rodriguez For Her EDT

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Narciso Rodriguez  For Her EDT

4.8

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I discovered For Her when my best friend was a fragrance model at Nordstrom. You know-the pretty ladies who stand in the aisle with a bottle of perfume and some paper or ribbons sprayed with it? Anyway, she kept raving about this fragrance, and wound up giving me two huge tester bottles-one in edp and one in edt. My normal tastes lean toward the very sweet vanilla orientals and florientals. My fragrance cabinet contains Samsara, Shalimar, L de Lolita Lempicka, Sensuous, Hanae Mori, BPAL Snake Oil, Hypnotic Poison, Pink Sugar...you get my drift. The one category I cannot STAND is traditional florals. Yuck, gross, no. Strong, headache inducing, sharp, yuck. So when I got these bottles, I wore them a few times to please my friend, then dismissed them. Too floral. I kept reading that they were musky, but I just didn't see the musk. They smelled slightly sharp and fruity/floral to me. I didn't smell much difference between the edp and edt, despite hearing that they were completely different. The edp (pink bottle) had a bit more of a sharp peach type note.
Cut to farmers market a year or so later. I'm a big fan of 'hippie' oils blended into incense-type scents. Patchouli (in tiny doses), sandalwood, dragon's blood...love them all. I was testing a bunch when I picked up Egyptian Musk. Holy smokes! It was For Her...nearly identical! My curiosity hit, and I started reading up on the fragrance. I didn't realize prior to reading up that this perfume was considered a masterpiece. I came home and gave it another shot. I'm not sure if it was due to my perspective changing, but this time I kind of liked it. Much more fresh than my regular scents, and peachy/fruity. I figured it would make a nice summer fragrance. However, as soon as I began wearing it, the compliments started rolling in. The barista at Starbucks, the *much* younger guys at school (I'm a nursing student), people in checkout lines...everybody asked what it was. They said it just smelled warm and clean, and not too strong. Then my (now) husband, who I was dating at the time, said 'wow-whatever you're wearing smells really good'. He's never once complimented me prior.
All of these experiences added up to my 'reform'. I don't just wear For Her now because others like it...I wear it now because I love it. I want to bathe in it. I want to drink it. It smells like sunshine. Like warm musk and peach pulp and clean skin. I don't know how else to describe it. If I took a shower, and went and laid down naked on my bed, with sunshine coming through the window and shining on my skin, warming it up, while eating peaches...that's Narciso Rodriguez For Her. Amazing. I purchase the edt now since it is slightly softer and warmer. I find that they last the same amount of time.
If you haven't tried this one out, do it. If it's out of budget, pick up a bottle of Lovely by Sarah Jessica Parker. Not spot on, but an 80% dupe.

on 7/29/2013 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I LOVE <3 <3 this perfume! My favorite! Before the boyfriend gifted me this, I hoarded all kinds of smell strips from all the magazines I read. That's how I first discovered it. I smelled it the very first time on paper and I was in love ever since! It is so soft and feminine, my favorite is the dry down and when I spray my clothes it lingers and I just inhale it. I can't really describe it, it is a little musky but soft and tender and it is a floral type scent. I just picture in my mind little sparkles and bubbles like something magical and yet lots of flowers whenever I spray lol. I did want to know the difference between the pink bottle and the black bottle so I headed to a Sephora. I like the black which is the eau de toilette, softer smelling. The pink one is a little louder and maybe some sharper notes. Anyways love this perfume!

on 4/8/2012 6:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

i wore the eau de parfum last summer and it was a very soft skin scent that lasted a few hours. it was never very detectable. i went through the bottle very quickly because i would reapply midday and the evening if i was going out. i am currently using the eau de toilette and the staying power is much longer. the eau de toilette also seems to have more notes to the fragrance. it is sexier. it smells like a muskier floral. i feel really confident wearing this. also the eau de parfum smelled too much like dior's miss cherie. this is a more pleasing fragrance to me. the bottle is sleek and modern and it will last a few months.

on 10/22/2011 12:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

My suggestion is to try this on. Based on other reviews, it seems that when this works with your chemistry, it really works, and if it doesn't it won't have that allure. Also, note that the EDP and EDT may wear completely differently. On me, they are different scents altogether. The EDT REALLY works on me. It's a sophisticated warm skin scent that suggests a sexy maturity. It has great sillage and lasts all day on me and my clothing and warms up like I am radiating this naturally. I was complimented on this constantly and used up a full bottle in the cooler months. Time to repurchase again for the changin of the seasons!

on 10/25/2010 11:31:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

This is my favourite perfume of all time! I have 3 or 4 that I alternate between but this is definitely the nicest. Just for reference my others that I'm using at the moment are Chloe & Agent Provocateur so these are ovbiously the kind of scents I go for, I guess you would call them floral & musky?

Anyway, this bottle has lasted me ages, I haven't tried the pink one which I'm guessing is a stronger scent but this one is really lovely and the chunky bottle is really nice to use, love!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

The only reason I say I wouldn't buy this again is that it's very rare for me to love a fragrance enough that I could go through a FB, and then still want more. I've got a huge bottle of the EDT, so I think I'm set on this one!

I don't know what "honey flower" is, but the floral notes in Narciso Rodriguez For Her EDT smell to me like a mixture between honeysuckle and orange blossom. These sweet and warm nectar-like florals smell more lush and gorgeous than really "flowery" and I don't primarily think of For Her as a floral fragrance. Under the nectar top notes the heart of this fragrance is an amber-musk. There are a number of amber fragrances that I'm deeply in love with, but which really need to be reserved only for evenings, or winter - For Her is an amber that's wearable even in warmer weather and during the day. It's not heavy or dark, but it is enveloping, and smooth. The fragrance has a creamyness that's hard to beat, and all of its moments, from the lush top notes, to the decadent middle notes, and down to the lightly woody amber base are a joy.
I have noticed that this fragrance smells better on some people than others, and I almost went off of it when decanting some into a purse-spray ... it wasn't until I put it on my skin again that I remembered why I loved it so much. So try before you buy, ... but this one's a winner.

Popular Fragrances