Narciso Rodriguez For Her EDT

Narciso Rodriguez  For Her EDT

4.3

on 10/14/2017 12:53:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

A fragrance for when you want to feel grown-up, sexy, and confident. Love, love, love this fragrance!

This is a lovely perfume. I actually prefer the edt to the edp which I own as well. I find that this on first spray is sharp and strong but all of the sudden the white flowers come out. Gah it smells so good! Then on me it settles into a lovely soft powdery musk. I adore it and so does alot of people I come across. For some reason I find the edt lasts longer than some edp's' I own. The sillage is moderate and the longevity is there. The black bottle though is impossible to see what I use. I even put an industrial strength flashlight to it lol. But I still couldn't tell what I had left.

I purchased this on a blind buy as I really enjoy white florals I think they are my favorite scent in a perfume. This when I start to get warm the fragrance projects more on me so on warmer days I will go lightly with this. I really love the whole For Her line and Narciso's use of musk. As a musk lover I'm very happy with this. I think those who enjoy white florals would like this but I say try before you buy if you can. For me I'm just lucky I love it as I thought I would like the edp more. It's a beautiful fragrance I can't say enough good things about it. :)

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I feel like the old Herbal Essence shampoo commercial when I spray this.."Yesss..Yessssss!! YESSSSSSSS!!!!!" This is just..as another reviewer put it..this is a masterpiece. This immediately reminds me of a fragrance from many years (perhaps even decades, showing my age!!) past..and dang if I can remember the name..I did peek on fragrantica, thinking it might be there under 'this reminds me of..." , but that fragrance is not listed there. However, in today's world of overly sweet and/or heavy on the florals, this is a nice change. Feels classy, sophisticated, womanly, not girly. I don't know why or how, but to me, it seems the fragrance industry leans towards the young gals with the overly sweet and fruity scents. So many fragrances out there 'these days' seem so cloying and so many smell like the last one. This to me is an 'original'.

This, to me, has a definite classy feel and scent about it, but is also a clean type of scent. Not heavy at all, which my sensitive nose appreciates, and besides, I just do not like wearing anything heavy because I know others may not appreciate it (allergies, etc). This also has a very slight sexy scent about it. And somewhat of a comforting scent about it. Classy, clean, sexy, comforting, all rolled into one fragrance..? Sign me up!! Again...this is a masterpiece.

My initial thought is this is a great Fall/Winter scent, but I also think this would be nice in the Summer for an evening out. Really though, as with any fragrance any more, this could be worn any time of year, day or night. It is not so light that is screams 'daytime' yet it is not heavy to merit a definite night out scent. Very much a masterpiece. The bottle is very basic, no frills, but I think the bottle is a great representation of the fragrance itself. Classy, classic, timeless.

After 3 failed 'blind buys' (when will I learn..?!?), this was a very successful 'blind buy'. Where I live the department stores are all very small and the larger ones are over an hour away, so I do not have the luxury of just hopping over to a mall or outlet to sniff away at the perfume/fragrance counter when the mood strikes. LOL. I was hoping this came in EDP, and I am sure it does, but for an EDT (I did not want to plunk down a large sum of cash for this after 3 failed blind buys), the staying power is pretty impressive. Will definitely repurchase and definitely look into the EDP version of this!!

I would, however, not suggest doing a 'blind buy' with this. Fragrance is so subjective and body chemistry plays a big part in how fragrances smell and also which notes a person picks up versus another person. So I would suggest testing this out if you are thinking about buying this, as with any fragrance.

on 3/30/2016 11:19:00 PM

This is one of my all time favorite perfumes. I love this! Good longevity. Amazing fragrance. This is a masterpiece in my opinion!

on 6/25/2015 1:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

Maybe it is my skin chemistry. The first notes are beautiful, but it started to smell like secondhand cigarette smoke later (I don't smoke) and it stayed that way. I so, so wanted to love this but it didn't work with my skin. This is in my "What was I thinking " stash and it is going to stay there unless someone takes it off my hands.

on 6/9/2015 7:59:00 PM

Delicious. Clean. Sexy. Reminds me of the "old style" perfumes, but it's still modern.

I always like For Her EDT, but not enough to buy it. It is a nice white floral perfume but what I like the most it is the musk and the dry down with the vanilla and the patchouli that stay for at least a day at work. I think it is a nice weekend, day fragrance for those who are not yet ready for a big oriental.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I own lots of perfumes but this definetly in my top 3 favorites. I have the rollerball and the first time I smelled this I knew I had to have it. It smells like a nice clean sexy womanly soap. It's hard to describe what it smells like really. The dry down reminds of a floral soapy smell but like a hint of leather which makes this perfume pure sexy. I find it to be a very confident scent and one that can be worn anytime of year. It comes off as more of an evening scent to me but I do use it once in a while for daytime special occassions. I have worn this on dates and had men comment on how nice I smelled :)

It's probably one of my more longlasting scents and a little dab of it from the rollerball goes a long way! Apparently this is Bethany Frankels' signature scent. IMHO there is a big similarity between this and the Elizabeth & James Black Nirvana. I have both and sometimes can't tell them apart though the E&J is stronger. Anyway if you are on the search for a womanly sexy confident scent you have to try this one!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I find that with this perfume, you either love it or hate it. Despite numerous attempts to appreciate it, I must categorize myself in the latter category. Here's Why: It starts off a musky floral, like, as many have said, an expensive soap- which got my hopes up, but then takes on a note which is both bland and obnoxious at the same time( a strong mothball scent, if you will) . Maybe it's my skin's chemistry, but this did not work with me.

I have been a fan of SJP "Lovely" since its debut, so when NR "For Her" came on the scene and was regularly compared to "Lovely" I took a pass. "Lovely" is the less expensive of the two and I was quite happy with it. I appreciated this soft, complex fragrance: a floral but not your typical "bridal bouquet" floral. It's certainly one of the better celeb-scents I've ever encountered. Kudos to Sarah. But the other day a patient plopped down in my dental chair and smelled wonderful. Before we even started talking about her teeth I demanded to know what she was wearing - "Narciso Rodriquez for Her." She qualifed her answer, stating that she only wears the EDT because her step-father told her the EDP made her smell like an old lady. So off to Sephora I went..again. (My next confession: "Forgive me father for I have sinned, I have 750 Sephora bonus points.')....
Anyhow, a rollerball, exclusive to Sephora, is available for $25.00 if you want to try "For Her." Not a bad investment.

My gripe with SJP "Lovely" is how quickly it dissipates. It's a soft scent to begin with that quickly evaporates into nothing. When it first came on the market, I could layer it with the "Lovely" body lotion, but that's no longer available. I am not sure if "Lovely" is on its way out but it's certainly not as easy to find as it once was.

Even though I used the EDT version of "For Her", I would say it is much more concentrated than the EDT "Lovely." Because of this, you need to be careful. My advice: use this fragrance like you would "Angel" - sparingly. One spritz on the chest or belly will suffice. The scent is musky with a hint of what I think is rose. This one doesn't wear off in record time but lingers. I appreciate that. I am sick of spending my hard earned money on scents I love that do not last. Jennifer Aniston's scent is a classic example of a beautiful perfume that has absolutely no endurance in the wear department.

I am so happy to have discovered "For Her.". It's definitely "For Me" and fills a gap in my fragrance wardrobe - soft but substantial. Wish there were more like that out there.

Popular Fragrances