Narciso Rodriguez For Her EDT

4.4

on 6/25/2015 1:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

Maybe it is my skin chemistry. The first notes are beautiful, but it started to smell like secondhand cigarette smoke later (I don't smoke) and it stayed that way. I so, so wanted to love this but it didn't work with my skin. This is in my "What was I thinking " stash and it is going to stay there unless someone takes it off my hands.

on 9/2/2014 7:37:00 PM

I so, so, so wanted to like this. On me, it was straight up sharp musk and it STINK, STANK, STUNK. Horrible, awful, had to shower twice to get it off.

Nothing floral except a very, very sharp something white, and a Whole Lot of Musk. Like a whole village of Musky Animals and their Cousins sacrificed all of their stankness for one little bottle.

This smells wonderful on others, but was head-splitting, nostril curling, awfulness. Expensive awfulness. I gave it an hour, and it never did calm down to anything pretty before I showered it off. Twice.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I was doing my best to like this perfume. The mistake I did was buying it after I sniffed over 20+ different perfumes. Sure my nose couldn't tell a thing :( What a waste of money. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure it smells great on others and hence the good reviews. It's all about body chemistry and this doesn't work well AT ALL on me. Oh yuck!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I find that with this perfume, you either love it or hate it. Despite numerous attempts to appreciate it, I must categorize myself in the latter category. Here's Why: It starts off a musky floral, like, as many have said, an expensive soap- which got my hopes up, but then takes on a note which is both bland and obnoxious at the same time( a strong mothball scent, if you will) . Maybe it's my skin's chemistry, but this did not work with me.

I always like For Her EDT, but not enough to buy it. It is a nice white floral perfume but what I like the most it is the musk and the dry down with the vanilla and the patchouli that stay for at least a day at work. I think it is a nice weekend, day fragrance for those who are not yet ready for a big oriental.

Really beautiful packging & really nice perfume. Just very subtle and elegant, I don't think anyone would dislike it. BUT... it's NOTHING SPECIAL. There're SO MANY perfumes in the market with similar smell but only cost a fraction of its retail price.

on 11/14/2013 2:32:00 PM

I read the many rave reviews on this perfume and after a long consideration ,I decided to take the plunge and buy it without ever trying this on .I purchased the Gift Set from Nordstrom that includes the EDT 3.4 ounces,Purse Mini Spray 10ml, and body cream 30 ml. This perfume is woodsy, sulky and musky, definately fall/winter/evening perfume. However ,it is not the Stunner that most people described it to be. From what I read most people seem to dislike the opening and enjoy the dry down. With me it was the opposite,I loved the initial opening notes, it smelled very sophisticated, expensive and promising ,but it quickly developed into an one dimensional barber's shaving cream smell that stayed pretty much throughout .It culminated in a soapy,shampoo-y finish at the end. Once I made the men shaving cream association,I was unable to love this perfume. I have no idea why this is, maybe the tactile musk/solar musk blend?Anyway there are much more beautiful and enticing woody Orientals out there,that are softer, creamier ,more complex and have much more character , for example Code and Diamonds by Armani.This is definitely not $100 perfume, $70 at most. Overrated,you end up paying top price for the Hype.

on 10/15/2012 3:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

A pretty honeyed orange blossom in the beginning balanced by a clean musk. Not too remarkable, but not offensive either.

on 8/30/2011 7:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I can't believe I fell for the hype. From first sniff I wasn't impressed, but like any perfume, I decided to give it time. Four hours later, I still do not like this at all. It's not a terrible smell, but it's sort of one-dimensional, just musk that's almost masculine. I learned after some quick research on fragantica.com that SJP Lovely is considered a cheaper alternative to this. I had SJP Lovely and didn't like it all that well so I gave it away. Go figure. I would recommend smelling this and trying it on first before buying. Anyhow, I'm either going to swap this or give it away.

on 5/12/2010 6:27:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I do like this, but I can't believe this is the EDT, the EDP must be absolutely overpowering. This is a warm, spicy, slightly sweet scent. Very much a "skin" fragrance, which I generally like. I only use this for evening wear, and I just spray a little on my fingers and dab it on my neck, wrists etc. If I actually sprayed this on myself I have a feeling I would absolutely reek of it. Staying power is excellent. I've had a 100 ml bottle for a couple of years now, and it's almost full because I use such tiny amounts of it. It'll go bad long before I'm able to finish it. As it is, I don't think I'll repurchase. Maybe if they come out with a "sheer" version, something a little less concentrated.

Popular Fragrances