Narciso Rodriguez For Her EDT

Narciso Rodriguez  For Her EDT

4.4

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I discovered For Her when my best friend was a fragrance model at Nordstrom. You know-the pretty ladies who stand in the aisle with a bottle of perfume and some paper or ribbons sprayed with it? Anyway, she kept raving about this fragrance, and wound up giving me two huge tester bottles-one in edp and one in edt. My normal tastes lean toward the very sweet vanilla orientals and florientals. My fragrance cabinet contains Samsara, Shalimar, L de Lolita Lempicka, Sensuous, Hanae Mori, BPAL Snake Oil, Hypnotic Poison, Pink Sugar...you get my drift. The one category I cannot STAND is traditional florals. Yuck, gross, no. Strong, headache inducing, sharp, yuck. So when I got these bottles, I wore them a few times to please my friend, then dismissed them. Too floral. I kept reading that they were musky, but I just didn't see the musk. They smelled slightly sharp and fruity/floral to me. I didn't smell much difference between the edp and edt, despite hearing that they were completely different. The edp (pink bottle) had a bit more of a sharp peach type note.
Cut to farmers market a year or so later. I'm a big fan of 'hippie' oils blended into incense-type scents. Patchouli (in tiny doses), sandalwood, dragon's blood...love them all. I was testing a bunch when I picked up Egyptian Musk. Holy smokes! It was For Her...nearly identical! My curiosity hit, and I started reading up on the fragrance. I didn't realize prior to reading up that this perfume was considered a masterpiece. I came home and gave it another shot. I'm not sure if it was due to my perspective changing, but this time I kind of liked it. Much more fresh than my regular scents, and peachy/fruity. I figured it would make a nice summer fragrance. However, as soon as I began wearing it, the compliments started rolling in. The barista at Starbucks, the *much* younger guys at school (I'm a nursing student), people in checkout lines...everybody asked what it was. They said it just smelled warm and clean, and not too strong. Then my (now) husband, who I was dating at the time, said 'wow-whatever you're wearing smells really good'. He's never once complimented me prior.
All of these experiences added up to my 'reform'. I don't just wear For Her now because others like it...I wear it now because I love it. I want to bathe in it. I want to drink it. It smells like sunshine. Like warm musk and peach pulp and clean skin. I don't know how else to describe it. If I took a shower, and went and laid down naked on my bed, with sunshine coming through the window and shining on my skin, warming it up, while eating peaches...that's Narciso Rodriguez For Her. Amazing. I purchase the edt now since it is slightly softer and warmer. I find that they last the same amount of time.
If you haven't tried this one out, do it. If it's out of budget, pick up a bottle of Lovely by Sarah Jessica Parker. Not spot on, but an 80% dupe.

I have been a fan of SJP "Lovely" since its debut, so when NR "For Her" came on the scene and was regularly compared to "Lovely" I took a pass. "Lovely" is the less expensive of the two and I was quite happy with it. I appreciated this soft, complex fragrance: a floral but not your typical "bridal bouquet" floral. It's certainly one of the better celeb-scents I've ever encountered. Kudos to Sarah. But the other day a patient plopped down in my dental chair and smelled wonderful. Before we even started talking about her teeth I demanded to know what she was wearing - "Narciso Rodriquez for Her." She qualifed her answer, stating that she only wears the EDT because her step-father told her the EDP made her smell like an old lady. So off to Sephora I went..again. (My next confession: "Forgive me father for I have sinned, I have 750 Sephora bonus points.')....
Anyhow, a rollerball, exclusive to Sephora, is available for $25.00 if you want to try "For Her." Not a bad investment.

My gripe with SJP "Lovely" is how quickly it dissipates. It's a soft scent to begin with that quickly evaporates into nothing. When it first came on the market, I could layer it with the "Lovely" body lotion, but that's no longer available. I am not sure if "Lovely" is on its way out but it's certainly not as easy to find as it once was.

Even though I used the EDT version of "For Her", I would say it is much more concentrated than the EDT "Lovely." Because of this, you need to be careful. My advice: use this fragrance like you would "Angel" - sparingly. One spritz on the chest or belly will suffice. The scent is musky with a hint of what I think is rose. This one doesn't wear off in record time but lingers. I appreciate that. I am sick of spending my hard earned money on scents I love that do not last. Jennifer Aniston's scent is a classic example of a beautiful perfume that has absolutely no endurance in the wear department.

I am so happy to have discovered "For Her.". It's definitely "For Me" and fills a gap in my fragrance wardrobe - soft but substantial. Wish there were more like that out there.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

OMG.This is absolutely gorgeous. I now can safely say this is my signiture perfume. This is sooooo divne. Its sexy, musky, slightly sweet, deep and evocative. This is the perfect send for a young woman or your mother. I cant aliken to smell to any other perfume. This borders on perfect. I cant honestly pick out a fragrance.
But it it floral and very slighly woody. It is simply devine.
It is this intriguing scent that combines exotic Egyptian musk with delicate honey flower and radiant amber.
Beautiful orignal black bottle and makes it memeorable. There is the perfume in the pink bottle and I cant wait to smell that and buy that also.
High end in price but that keeps it out of reach for a large number of people which suits me fine as I want to be a minority in wearing this scent and kepp it as my little secret.
Simple bottle that is old fashioned and masculine. Lovely Jubly.
It is something I will make everyone repurchase for me... Please go out and buy. In fact dont bother it is a secret I wish I had not shared.

on 5/3/2015 7:44:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I like Narciso Rodriguez For Her EDT because it's not your typical lady's fragrance. There's nothing cute, sweet or frilly about it, verges on the masculine side and that makes it quite modern and empowering. Women who enjoy Black Orchid, Midnight Poison, Coco Noir or Sensuous Noir should give it a try.

Opens with a sharp blast of osmanthus and bergamot which turns floral with orange blossom and evolves to an unusual and quite edgy combination of vetiver and woods with some ambery warmth and a hefty dose of the trademark Narciso Rodriguez musk.

Sillage is decent but not enormous and has good longevity. The bottle is very stylish and protects the content completely but there is no way to estimate how much is left. I like the EDT more than the EDP with is more ladylike, peach and rosey. I consider it one of the more interesting mainstream scents in today's market. Well done Narciso Rodriguez!

on 2/21/2014 2:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I wore my NR for Her EDT again (black bottle) earlier this week, and ahhh! -- it was like coming home. I feel so comfortable and like "me" in this scent.

Launched in 2003, it's earthy, natural, musky -- with a bit of tang or a bite/saltiness from what note, I don't know -- vetiver maybe? A scent for musk-lovers -- for hippies, goth, naturalists, non-conformists -- the straightforward, the unpretentious -- for those who don't like foo-foo fancy or flowery perfumes -- for those who like to keep it real. A down-to-earth honest fragrance. Becomes one with skin scent. Great stuff!

I own the EDT (black bottle), the EDP (pink bottle), Eau Delicat (lilac bottle), and L'eau (light pink bottle) -- love them all and have separate reviews. Notes for all are listed for comparison under my NR for Her EDP (pink bottle) review.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I feel like the old Herbal Essence shampoo commercial when I spray this.."Yesss..Yessssss!! YESSSSSSSS!!!!!" This is just..as another reviewer put it..this is a masterpiece. This immediately reminds me of a fragrance from many years (perhaps even decades, showing my age!!) past..and dang if I can remember the name..I did peek on fragrantica, thinking it might be there under 'this reminds me of..." , but that fragrance is not listed there. However, in today's world of overly sweet and/or heavy on the florals, this is a nice change. Feels classy, sophisticated, womanly, not girly. I don't know why or how, but to me, it seems the fragrance industry leans towards the young gals with the overly sweet and fruity scents. So many fragrances out there 'these days' seem so cloying and so many smell like the last one. This to me is an 'original'.

This, to me, has a definite classy feel and scent about it, but is also a clean type of scent. Not heavy at all, which my sensitive nose appreciates, and besides, I just do not like wearing anything heavy because I know others may not appreciate it (allergies, etc). This also has a very slight sexy scent about it. And somewhat of a comforting scent about it. Classy, clean, sexy, comforting, all rolled into one fragrance..? Sign me up!! Again...this is a masterpiece.

My initial thought is this is a great Fall/Winter scent, but I also think this would be nice in the Summer for an evening out. Really though, as with any fragrance any more, this could be worn any time of year, day or night. It is not so light that is screams 'daytime' yet it is not heavy to merit a definite night out scent. Very much a masterpiece. The bottle is very basic, no frills, but I think the bottle is a great representation of the fragrance itself. Classy, classic, timeless.

After 3 failed 'blind buys' (when will I learn..?!?), this was a very successful 'blind buy'. Where I live the department stores are all very small and the larger ones are over an hour away, so I do not have the luxury of just hopping over to a mall or outlet to sniff away at the perfume/fragrance counter when the mood strikes. LOL. I was hoping this came in EDP, and I am sure it does, but for an EDT (I did not want to plunk down a large sum of cash for this after 3 failed blind buys), the staying power is pretty impressive. Will definitely repurchase and definitely look into the EDP version of this!!

I would, however, not suggest doing a 'blind buy' with this. Fragrance is so subjective and body chemistry plays a big part in how fragrances smell and also which notes a person picks up versus another person. So I would suggest testing this out if you are thinking about buying this, as with any fragrance.

on 10/17/2013 11:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I am quite difficult and picky when it comes to choosing a signature scent, but this scent (EDT) has not left my top three since it was introduced. It is warm (fall/winter for sure), quiet and restrained, sexy, sophisticated, graceful, and oh so elegant. It has a very subtle naughty side as well, but only b/c it possesses such a mysteriously soft and feminine saunter. It is also one of the most consistent scents when it comes to dry down and staying power. LOVE it!

This is a lovely perfume. I actually prefer the edt to the edp which I own as well. I find that this on first spray is sharp and strong but all of the sudden the white flowers come out. Gah it smells so good! Then on me it settles into a lovely soft powdery musk. I adore it and so does alot of people I come across. For some reason I find the edt lasts longer than some edp's' I own. The sillage is moderate and the longevity is there. The black bottle though is impossible to see what I use. I even put an industrial strength flashlight to it lol. But I still couldn't tell what I had left.

I purchased this on a blind buy as I really enjoy white florals I think they are my favorite scent in a perfume. This when I start to get warm the fragrance projects more on me so on warmer days I will go lightly with this. I really love the whole For Her line and Narciso's use of musk. As a musk lover I'm very happy with this. I think those who enjoy white florals would like this but I say try before you buy if you can. For me I'm just lucky I love it as I thought I would like the edp more. It's a beautiful fragrance I can't say enough good things about it. :)

on 6/9/2015 7:59:00 PM

Delicious. Clean. Sexy. Reminds me of the "old style" perfumes, but it's still modern.

on 11/14/2013 2:32:00 PM

I read the many rave reviews on this perfume and after a long consideration ,I decided to take the plunge and buy it without ever trying this on .I purchased the Gift Set from Nordstrom that includes the EDT 3.4 ounces,Purse Mini Spray 10ml, and body cream 30 ml. This perfume is woodsy, sulky and musky, definately fall/winter/evening perfume. However ,it is not the Stunner that most people described it to be. From what I read most people seem to dislike the opening and enjoy the dry down. With me it was the opposite,I loved the initial opening notes, it smelled very sophisticated, expensive and promising ,but it quickly developed into an one dimensional barber's shaving cream smell that stayed pretty much throughout .It culminated in a soapy,shampoo-y finish at the end. Once I made the men shaving cream association,I was unable to love this perfume. I have no idea why this is, maybe the tactile musk/solar musk blend?Anyway there are much more beautiful and enticing woody Orientals out there,that are softer, creamier ,more complex and have much more character , for example Code and Diamonds by Armani.This is definitely not $100 perfume, $70 at most. Overrated,you end up paying top price for the Hype.

Popular Fragrances