Narciso Rodriguez For Her EDT

Narciso Rodriguez  For Her EDT

4.3

on 3/30/2016 11:19:00 PM

This is one of my all time favorite perfumes. I love this! Good longevity. Amazing fragrance. This is a masterpiece in my opinion!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I discovered For Her when my best friend was a fragrance model at Nordstrom. You know-the pretty ladies who stand in the aisle with a bottle of perfume and some paper or ribbons sprayed with it? Anyway, she kept raving about this fragrance, and wound up giving me two huge tester bottles-one in edp and one in edt. My normal tastes lean toward the very sweet vanilla orientals and florientals. My fragrance cabinet contains Samsara, Shalimar, L de Lolita Lempicka, Sensuous, Hanae Mori, BPAL Snake Oil, Hypnotic Poison, Pink Sugar...you get my drift. The one category I cannot STAND is traditional florals. Yuck, gross, no. Strong, headache inducing, sharp, yuck. So when I got these bottles, I wore them a few times to please my friend, then dismissed them. Too floral. I kept reading that they were musky, but I just didn't see the musk. They smelled slightly sharp and fruity/floral to me. I didn't smell much difference between the edp and edt, despite hearing that they were completely different. The edp (pink bottle) had a bit more of a sharp peach type note.
Cut to farmers market a year or so later. I'm a big fan of 'hippie' oils blended into incense-type scents. Patchouli (in tiny doses), sandalwood, dragon's blood...love them all. I was testing a bunch when I picked up Egyptian Musk. Holy smokes! It was For Her...nearly identical! My curiosity hit, and I started reading up on the fragrance. I didn't realize prior to reading up that this perfume was considered a masterpiece. I came home and gave it another shot. I'm not sure if it was due to my perspective changing, but this time I kind of liked it. Much more fresh than my regular scents, and peachy/fruity. I figured it would make a nice summer fragrance. However, as soon as I began wearing it, the compliments started rolling in. The barista at Starbucks, the *much* younger guys at school (I'm a nursing student), people in checkout lines...everybody asked what it was. They said it just smelled warm and clean, and not too strong. Then my (now) husband, who I was dating at the time, said 'wow-whatever you're wearing smells really good'. He's never once complimented me prior.
All of these experiences added up to my 'reform'. I don't just wear For Her now because others like it...I wear it now because I love it. I want to bathe in it. I want to drink it. It smells like sunshine. Like warm musk and peach pulp and clean skin. I don't know how else to describe it. If I took a shower, and went and laid down naked on my bed, with sunshine coming through the window and shining on my skin, warming it up, while eating peaches...that's Narciso Rodriguez For Her. Amazing. I purchase the edt now since it is slightly softer and warmer. I find that they last the same amount of time.
If you haven't tried this one out, do it. If it's out of budget, pick up a bottle of Lovely by Sarah Jessica Parker. Not spot on, but an 80% dupe.

To Read all 56 Reviews, Login or Join

on 6/25/2015 1:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

Maybe it is my skin chemistry. The first notes are beautiful, but it started to smell like secondhand cigarette smoke later (I don't smoke) and it stayed that way. I so, so wanted to love this but it didn't work with my skin. This is in my "What was I thinking " stash and it is going to stay there unless someone takes it off my hands.

on 6/9/2015 7:59:00 PM

Delicious. Clean. Sexy. Reminds me of the "old style" perfumes, but it's still modern.

I always like For Her EDT, but not enough to buy it. It is a nice white floral perfume but what I like the most it is the musk and the dry down with the vanilla and the patchouli that stay for at least a day at work. I think it is a nice weekend, day fragrance for those who are not yet ready for a big oriental.

on 5/27/2015 3:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I've been wearing Sarah Jessica Parker's Lovely thruout my 20s. Then one day somebody asked if I was wearing Narciso Rodriguez. Curious, I went out to look for NR and was pleasantly surprised it was similar if not better than Lovely! Compared to Lovely, NR for EDT has a stronger, sexier vibe to it. I really love the drydown musky smell. I'd say its the more dominant, more confident sister to Lovely. This definitely isn't anything like those mainstream cheap sweet girly fragrances. It smells sophisticated and expensive. Oh, yes it was expensive.

So needless to say I've made the switch. I've been wearing NR for quite sometime now and everytime I wanted to be a bit adventurous and try other perfumes, I would come back to NR! It's now my HG scent.

on 5/3/2015 7:44:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I like Narciso Rodriguez For Her EDT because it's not your typical lady's fragrance. There's nothing cute, sweet or frilly about it, verges on the masculine side and that makes it quite modern and empowering. Women who enjoy Black Orchid, Midnight Poison, Coco Noir or Sensuous Noir should give it a try.

Opens with a sharp blast of osmanthus and bergamot which turns floral with orange blossom and evolves to an unusual and quite edgy combination of vetiver and woods with some ambery warmth and a hefty dose of the trademark Narciso Rodriguez musk.

Sillage is decent but not enormous and has good longevity. The bottle is very stylish and protects the content completely but there is no way to estimate how much is left. I like the EDT more than the EDP with is more ladylike, peach and rosey. I consider it one of the more interesting mainstream scents in today's market. Well done Narciso Rodriguez!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I own lots of perfumes but this definetly in my top 3 favorites. I have the rollerball and the first time I smelled this I knew I had to have it. It smells like a nice clean sexy womanly soap. It's hard to describe what it smells like really. The dry down reminds of a floral soapy smell but like a hint of leather which makes this perfume pure sexy. I find it to be a very confident scent and one that can be worn anytime of year. It comes off as more of an evening scent to me but I do use it once in a while for daytime special occassions. I have worn this on dates and had men comment on how nice I smelled :)

It's probably one of my more longlasting scents and a little dab of it from the rollerball goes a long way! Apparently this is Bethany Frankels' signature scent. IMHO there is a big similarity between this and the Elizabeth & James Black Nirvana. I have both and sometimes can't tell them apart though the E&J is stronger. Anyway if you are on the search for a womanly sexy confident scent you have to try this one!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Love this smell so much!!!! I love musky perfumes. I've had so many throughout my life, but nothing made me want to buy another bottle except this one. I didn't like this testing it on a paper strip, but something about it kept me going back to sniff it again. So, finally I tried in on my skin and fell in love hard. I'm now on my third bottle, and I will always keep it in my collection. I think it's a floral musk, and that is why I just love it so much. I think it's perfect for any season, weather or occasion. And, I've had SJP's, Lovely, perfume, and I don't like it near as much as I do this one. I know a lot of people think they're similar, well they are both very musky, but Lovely has lavender and other notes that this doesn't have. I do like them both, but prefer NR. And I also like the EDT over the EDP, and think it's better with my chemistry.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Loved it. Smell like heaven .

Popular Fragrances