Narciso Rodriguez For Her EDT

Filtered by age: 44-55
Narciso Rodriguez  For Her EDT

4.6

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I feel like the old Herbal Essence shampoo commercial when I spray this.."Yesss..Yessssss!! YESSSSSSSS!!!!!" This is just..as another reviewer put it..this is a masterpiece. This immediately reminds me of a fragrance from many years (perhaps even decades, showing my age!!) past..and dang if I can remember the name..I did peek on fragrantica, thinking it might be there under 'this reminds me of..." , but that fragrance is not listed there. However, in today's world of overly sweet and/or heavy on the florals, this is a nice change. Feels classy, sophisticated, womanly, not girly. I don't know why or how, but to me, it seems the fragrance industry leans towards the young gals with the overly sweet and fruity scents. So many fragrances out there 'these days' seem so cloying and so many smell like the last one. This to me is an 'original'.

This, to me, has a definite classy feel and scent about it, but is also a clean type of scent. Not heavy at all, which my sensitive nose appreciates, and besides, I just do not like wearing anything heavy because I know others may not appreciate it (allergies, etc). This also has a very slight sexy scent about it. And somewhat of a comforting scent about it. Classy, clean, sexy, comforting, all rolled into one fragrance..? Sign me up!! Again...this is a masterpiece.

My initial thought is this is a great Fall/Winter scent, but I also think this would be nice in the Summer for an evening out. Really though, as with any fragrance any more, this could be worn any time of year, day or night. It is not so light that is screams 'daytime' yet it is not heavy to merit a definite night out scent. Very much a masterpiece. The bottle is very basic, no frills, but I think the bottle is a great representation of the fragrance itself. Classy, classic, timeless.

After 3 failed 'blind buys' (when will I learn..?!?), this was a very successful 'blind buy'. Where I live the department stores are all very small and the larger ones are over an hour away, so I do not have the luxury of just hopping over to a mall or outlet to sniff away at the perfume/fragrance counter when the mood strikes. LOL. I was hoping this came in EDP, and I am sure it does, but for an EDT (I did not want to plunk down a large sum of cash for this after 3 failed blind buys), the staying power is pretty impressive. Will definitely repurchase and definitely look into the EDP version of this!!

I would, however, not suggest doing a 'blind buy' with this. Fragrance is so subjective and body chemistry plays a big part in how fragrances smell and also which notes a person picks up versus another person. So I would suggest testing this out if you are thinking about buying this, as with any fragrance.

on 6/9/2015 7:59:00 PM

Delicious. Clean. Sexy. Reminds me of the "old style" perfumes, but it's still modern.

I have been a fan of SJP "Lovely" since its debut, so when NR "For Her" came on the scene and was regularly compared to "Lovely" I took a pass. "Lovely" is the less expensive of the two and I was quite happy with it. I appreciated this soft, complex fragrance: a floral but not your typical "bridal bouquet" floral. It's certainly one of the better celeb-scents I've ever encountered. Kudos to Sarah. But the other day a patient plopped down in my dental chair and smelled wonderful. Before we even started talking about her teeth I demanded to know what she was wearing - "Narciso Rodriquez for Her." She qualifed her answer, stating that she only wears the EDT because her step-father told her the EDP made her smell like an old lady. So off to Sephora I went..again. (My next confession: "Forgive me father for I have sinned, I have 750 Sephora bonus points.')....
Anyhow, a rollerball, exclusive to Sephora, is available for $25.00 if you want to try "For Her." Not a bad investment.

My gripe with SJP "Lovely" is how quickly it dissipates. It's a soft scent to begin with that quickly evaporates into nothing. When it first came on the market, I could layer it with the "Lovely" body lotion, but that's no longer available. I am not sure if "Lovely" is on its way out but it's certainly not as easy to find as it once was.

Even though I used the EDT version of "For Her", I would say it is much more concentrated than the EDT "Lovely." Because of this, you need to be careful. My advice: use this fragrance like you would "Angel" - sparingly. One spritz on the chest or belly will suffice. The scent is musky with a hint of what I think is rose. This one doesn't wear off in record time but lingers. I appreciate that. I am sick of spending my hard earned money on scents I love that do not last. Jennifer Aniston's scent is a classic example of a beautiful perfume that has absolutely no endurance in the wear department.

I am so happy to have discovered "For Her.". It's definitely "For Me" and fills a gap in my fragrance wardrobe - soft but substantial. Wish there were more like that out there.

on 10/15/2012 3:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

A pretty honeyed orange blossom in the beginning balanced by a clean musk. Not too remarkable, but not offensive either.

on 10/31/2009 11:53:00 AM

I will never be without this scent for fall/winter/early spring. It is sexy but in a very refined way. I'm not sure what makes it so special, but I've never had so many complements on a fragrance.

Popular Fragrances