Narciso Rodriguez For Her EDT

Filtered by age: 30-35
Narciso Rodriguez  For Her EDT

4.4

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I discovered For Her when my best friend was a fragrance model at Nordstrom. You know-the pretty ladies who stand in the aisle with a bottle of perfume and some paper or ribbons sprayed with it? Anyway, she kept raving about this fragrance, and wound up giving me two huge tester bottles-one in edp and one in edt. My normal tastes lean toward the very sweet vanilla orientals and florientals. My fragrance cabinet contains Samsara, Shalimar, L de Lolita Lempicka, Sensuous, Hanae Mori, BPAL Snake Oil, Hypnotic Poison, Pink Sugar...you get my drift. The one category I cannot STAND is traditional florals. Yuck, gross, no. Strong, headache inducing, sharp, yuck. So when I got these bottles, I wore them a few times to please my friend, then dismissed them. Too floral. I kept reading that they were musky, but I just didn't see the musk. They smelled slightly sharp and fruity/floral to me. I didn't smell much difference between the edp and edt, despite hearing that they were completely different. The edp (pink bottle) had a bit more of a sharp peach type note.
Cut to farmers market a year or so later. I'm a big fan of 'hippie' oils blended into incense-type scents. Patchouli (in tiny doses), sandalwood, dragon's blood...love them all. I was testing a bunch when I picked up Egyptian Musk. Holy smokes! It was For Her...nearly identical! My curiosity hit, and I started reading up on the fragrance. I didn't realize prior to reading up that this perfume was considered a masterpiece. I came home and gave it another shot. I'm not sure if it was due to my perspective changing, but this time I kind of liked it. Much more fresh than my regular scents, and peachy/fruity. I figured it would make a nice summer fragrance. However, as soon as I began wearing it, the compliments started rolling in. The barista at Starbucks, the *much* younger guys at school (I'm a nursing student), people in checkout lines...everybody asked what it was. They said it just smelled warm and clean, and not too strong. Then my (now) husband, who I was dating at the time, said 'wow-whatever you're wearing smells really good'. He's never once complimented me prior.
All of these experiences added up to my 'reform'. I don't just wear For Her now because others like it...I wear it now because I love it. I want to bathe in it. I want to drink it. It smells like sunshine. Like warm musk and peach pulp and clean skin. I don't know how else to describe it. If I took a shower, and went and laid down naked on my bed, with sunshine coming through the window and shining on my skin, warming it up, while eating peaches...that's Narciso Rodriguez For Her. Amazing. I purchase the edt now since it is slightly softer and warmer. I find that they last the same amount of time.
If you haven't tried this one out, do it. If it's out of budget, pick up a bottle of Lovely by Sarah Jessica Parker. Not spot on, but an 80% dupe.

I always like For Her EDT, but not enough to buy it. It is a nice white floral perfume but what I like the most it is the musk and the dry down with the vanilla and the patchouli that stay for at least a day at work. I think it is a nice weekend, day fragrance for those who are not yet ready for a big oriental.

on 5/27/2015 3:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I've been wearing Sarah Jessica Parker's Lovely thruout my 20s. Then one day somebody asked if I was wearing Narciso Rodriguez. Curious, I went out to look for NR and was pleasantly surprised it was similar if not better than Lovely! Compared to Lovely, NR for EDT has a stronger, sexier vibe to it. I really love the drydown musky smell. I'd say its the more dominant, more confident sister to Lovely. This definitely isn't anything like those mainstream cheap sweet girly fragrances. It smells sophisticated and expensive. Oh, yes it was expensive.

So needless to say I've made the switch. I've been wearing NR for quite sometime now and everytime I wanted to be a bit adventurous and try other perfumes, I would come back to NR! It's now my HG scent.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Love this smell so much!!!! I love musky perfumes. I've had so many throughout my life, but nothing made me want to buy another bottle except this one. I didn't like this testing it on a paper strip, but something about it kept me going back to sniff it again. So, finally I tried in on my skin and fell in love hard. I'm now on my third bottle, and I will always keep it in my collection. I think it's a floral musk, and that is why I just love it so much. I think it's perfect for any season, weather or occasion. And, I've had SJP's, Lovely, perfume, and I don't like it near as much as I do this one. I know a lot of people think they're similar, well they are both very musky, but Lovely has lavender and other notes that this doesn't have. I do like them both, but prefer NR. And I also like the EDT over the EDP, and think it's better with my chemistry.

on 9/2/2014 7:37:00 PM

I so, so, so wanted to like this. On me, it was straight up sharp musk and it STINK, STANK, STUNK. Horrible, awful, had to shower twice to get it off.

Nothing floral except a very, very sharp something white, and a Whole Lot of Musk. Like a whole village of Musky Animals and their Cousins sacrificed all of their stankness for one little bottle.

This smells wonderful on others, but was head-splitting, nostril curling, awfulness. Expensive awfulness. I gave it an hour, and it never did calm down to anything pretty before I showered it off. Twice.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

This fragrance is the perfect example of a musky fruity white floral executed well. It's so lovely and it has the perfect blend of pretty and sexy. I understand why so many own and love this scent and so many have written good reviews. It truly lives up to the hype. I find it to be long lasting and potent. The best aspect, however, is the beautiful sillage you leave behind. It's really stunning. I prefer to wear at night time and in close quarters and prefer it in cooler weather as opposed to the warmer months. I recommend.

on 2/4/2013 9:08:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Gosh this is a confusing line, I just wish they would name their totally different scents, totally different names. Having said that the EdT (Black Bottle, Pink Box) is the real stunner in this line. I found the musk oil very fleeting and ordinary and the EdP an exact dupe of Agent Provocateur, very, very heavy on the rose. The EdT however is a winter scent for me. Heavy animalic sexy musk over florals and woods. This is a strong scent, but not obnoxious. Decent lasting power but not indelible. The scent is very come hither and is rich but mellow and somehow sexual at the same time. I really enjoy it occasionally. I feel it is destined to be a "vintage classic" 20 years from now is they don't fiddle with the formula . . . yeah right what are the chances of THAT not happening. We can always hope. This is not a scent for those that prefer "inoffensive" (offensive in MY book) tepid body spray chemical mish mashes. It's a real perfume that's going to be noticed.

on 4/8/2012 6:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

i wore the eau de parfum last summer and it was a very soft skin scent that lasted a few hours. it was never very detectable. i went through the bottle very quickly because i would reapply midday and the evening if i was going out. i am currently using the eau de toilette and the staying power is much longer. the eau de toilette also seems to have more notes to the fragrance. it is sexier. it smells like a muskier floral. i feel really confident wearing this. also the eau de parfum smelled too much like dior's miss cherie. this is a more pleasing fragrance to me. the bottle is sleek and modern and it will last a few months.

on 10/18/2011 5:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I love fragrances, so I'm going to have to preface every fragrance review with this: PLEASE GO OUT AND TRY IT ON FIRST!!!!! Fragrances react differently on different people. Something that smells amazing on other people, does NOT mean it will work for you.

That being said, this EDT is one of my signature scents! My ex boyfriends remember me by this purfume. It is very distinguished, sofhisticated, and stays on very well. Everything I could ask for in a fragrance.

I would recommend wearing it on a night out, and in the winter. Great job Narciso! I love this fragrance so very much!

Top Note: Rose, Peach Pulp
Middle Note: Gentle Amber
Base Note: Patchouli, Sandalwood, Musk

Love this! There is not another scent like it. It's unique and extremely sexy yet very wearable during the day. It is definitely a strong spicy kind of smell, but not overpowering or offensive. I am thinking of trying EDP and hoping that might last longer but heard the EDP doesn't smell quite the same. I got the 1oz size bottle from Sephora which is a great size to travel with. Love the black packaging as well! Also love the fact it is not over hyped such as the D &G light blue which everyone has, hope it stays that way.

Popular Fragrances