Olay Hydrating Beauty Fluid Original

Olay Hydrating Beauty Fluid Original
Hydrating Beauty Fluid OriginalHydrating Beauty Fluid Original

3.9

Water, cetyl palmitate, Glycerin, Mineral Oil, Petrolatum, cetyl alcohol, glyceryl hydroxystearate, stearic acid, steareth-100, Dimethicone, octyldodecyl myristate, potassium hydroxide, fragrance, DMDM hydantoin, iodopropynyl butylcarbamate, tetrasodium EDTA, acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, carbomer, FD&C red No. 4.

on 9/30/2017 2:18:00 PM

A very simple no frills moisturizer that is an oil in water base. It has mineral oil, petroleum, and other occlusives in a non-greasy fluid base. It's not going to cause miracles-there are no magic retinoids, peptides, antioxidants, or acids-basically there are no active ingredients that can actually combat aging other than keeping your skin hydrated which reduces the look of wrinkles. I'm not a big fan of the scent-but it's also comforting and nostalgic. This is a classic for a very good reason-in a world of fancy marketing ploys, Olay beauty fluid is just a good simple moisturizer. Sometimes, simple is best in the world of skin care. I have not broken out from this and it gives nice hydration. I suggest a heavier night cream for people who have very dry skins.

on 5/6/2017 10:58:00 PM

Nice moisturizer but TERRIBLE scent. I can barely stand it. I think I'm going to have to throw it out!

on 12/26/2016 11:30:00 AM

Love it, but the scent is annoying. Also, it's PINK. Who wants pink?

I have tried everything. Earlier this year, I decided to treat myself to La Mer, and was shocked at how ineffective it was. My face was dry by end of day. Returned.

Then I tried this Olay. I wanted a lotion, because creams turn my face shiny by end of day. I thought for $8 it was worth the risk.

on 12/11/2016 10:44:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Such a classic beautiful moisturiser. This reminds me of watching my mum do her makeup when I was a little girl, the scent really comforts me. This is the first moisturiser I ever used when my mum taught me how to use make up and I recently found my way back to it and was reminded how brilliant it is. I use this pre-makeup and post-makeup and it leaves my skin so soft and even looking. It also reduces redness. This is one of those moisturisers that is fail safe for me and that I know I can rely on.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Claims and Personal Opinions

- 24 hr daily moisture: not sure if it lasts 24 hours as I wash my face twice a day
- Leaves skin soft and smooth: YES!
- Locks in natural moisture: well yes, this is what a moisturizer is supposed to do!
- Maintains hydration levels throughout day: not so sure
- Light and silky feel: Hell yeah!
- Ideal base for makeup: Yes, although I do use a primer too
- Easily absorbed and leaves skin non-greasy: Yes although I'm not sure if oily skinned people would find this non-greasy
- Won't clog pores - No evidence for this as literally any ingredients can be comedogenic
- For all skin types - Not so sure. This works well for me. For reference my skin is dry, dehydrated and sensitive.

Overall this is a great moisturizer and much better than some expensive moisturizers I've shelled out on. As an added bonus you get 100 ml as opposed to the traditional 50 ml of most moisturizers. The only let down is the packaging which is so old fashioned and ugly looking.

on 9/12/2016 2:39:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is one of those products that has been in my grandmother's, mother's and my beauty draw since it was once called Oil of Ulay. I think this will always be in my beauty arsenal. Interestingly enough I am so used to being around this stuff that I forgot why I used it and how great it really is.

Stopped using this for about 6 months in my hunt to get "flawless skin" and to see what I was missing, only to realise I started to notice fine lines on my forehead. Shocked because I'm only in my twenties and till this day my mum doesn't have wrinkles, why was I getting these creases.

I realised I must be dehydrated and started this up again as it is my fail safe and within a week the lines have reduced so much I hardly notice them anymore.

I don't understand this, because I've heard so much about fragrances and other ingredients in skincare being bad, but for some reason this works on my oily acne prone skin. The only thing is I have to get mine from the EU/Poland because I feel sometimes different ingredient qualities affect this lotion and it doesn't work the same.

I purchased this at my local Rite Aid because I was looking for a cheap lightweight drugstore moisturizer for the summer. I've developed the handy little habit of immediately checking reviews on my phone if I'm at a store and a certain product peaks my interest. 'Lo and behold, it had a 4 star rating here on MUA. So I found what I was looking for right? Well...

This lotion STINKS. It's offensive and makes my nose tingle. I'm not someone who is typically sensitive to fragrances in fact when people complain about the smell of cosmetics I usually don't understand what the big deal is. But this... oh god. It smells very outdated but not in the comforting vintage way like perhaps the Coty Airspun Loose Powder.
Secondly, there is nothing in the actual formulation that would lend itself to being worthy of the high rating it has here. This is a typical mineral oil based moisturizer that will likely clog pores and cause breakouts like so many other moisturizers at the drugstore. I won't even keep this in my handbag to use as hand cream because of the pungent smell.

Skip this and do a little research to find a better affordable option.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

The moisturizer that started it all! Oil of Olay's first product ever. I love this basic, no-frills moisturizer. The texture is a light lotion that absorbs quicker than anything I've ever used. It makes your skin insanely soft and smooth and just feels really nice when applying it. The scent is exactly like baby powder so if that doesn't appeal to you then I'd steer clear. The packaging is great, a nice squeeze tube that is easy for traveling and won't break. I like to alternate between this and the night of Olay; I love them both. I feel like a 50s starlet when I apply this classic moisturizer and I love it. I did take one lippie off because sometimes I get small breakouts when I use this but I haven't lately. I would really suggest giving this a try, you've got nothing to lose with the price that low.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I have used this before and have not been impressed. It has a strong powdery scent that takes awhile to dissipate. I gave this lotion a try in my quest to find a simple yet effective moisturizer when all I want from a product is moisture. It felt nice on the skin when I first applied it but it did feel like it just sat on top of the skin rather than be absorbed. After a few hours my skin felt dry, like I had applied nothing at all to my skin. After a couple of weeks of use I gave up on it and just used it on the backs of my hands to help them to look and feel smooth. It did make the backs of hands feel silky smooth. I had the same unimpressive experience with the original Oil of Olay night care cream. Not worth trying or using. I don't understand why the original Olay products have such a cult following, they are not that great.
I am giving it one lippie for overall rating even though if it were up to me I'd would not give it a rating. MUA will not add my review without it.

on 8/11/2016 5:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I love this! i use this as my day & night cream. It's just a bit sticky but i'll def guarantee you that you will have this dewy look. Sometimes i also use this as my moisturizing mask. Or put this all over my face after putting serum on my face & neck & nape. I even use this on my hands, elbows knees or on my whole body. I'm just a bit bothered by the scent, smells like a feminine wash.