Olay Hydrating Beauty Fluid Original

Olay Hydrating Beauty Fluid Original
Hydrating Beauty Fluid OriginalHydrating Beauty Fluid Original

3.9

Water, cetyl palmitate, Glycerin, Mineral Oil, Petrolatum, cetyl alcohol, glyceryl hydroxystearate, stearic acid, steareth-100, Dimethicone, octyldodecyl myristate, potassium hydroxide, fragrance, DMDM hydantoin, iodopropynyl butylcarbamate, tetrasodium EDTA, acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, carbomer, FD&C red No. 4.

on 5/17/2018 10:37:00 PM

This vintage classic will always be a staple in my skin care. So gentle, soft, soothing. There's a reason it's still around and a favorite.

on 1/3/2018 11:32:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I recently had a craving for this tried-and-true Moisturizer. Mostly, I craved the scent, which reminds me of my beloved little Mom, whom I lost nearly 6 years ago to breast cancer. One of my very first memories of her skincare routine involves this moisturizer.

I have fickle, sensitive, mostly dry/dehydrated skin which has now reached its 44th year. After cleansing with Albolene at night, which I tissue off and follow with La Roche Posay Micellar water on a cotton pad, I then apply Estée Lauder serum followed by gently patting Olay beauty fluid all over. I use it on my neck, as well. My skin looks and feels soft and supple, even in the morning. Before applying makeup, I gently swipe more Micellar water to lightly cleanse, and follow with the Olay again. It makes a beautiful base for foundation, or as I use, Garnier tinted moisturizer with sunscreen.

This is a no-frills basic moisturizer that really does the job. I love the scent, but for those who don’t, there is a fragrance-free & dye-free version. I kind of wish it still came in the glass bottle like it did when I was a child, but I do like the more sanitary dispensing method from the tiny hole in the plastic bottle.

on 12/11/2017 2:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I have to say for having oily skin this does a great job of lightly moisturizing and doesn't make my skin more oily than usual. Very light with a nice fresh scent. I don't like the huge awkward tub it comes in so I transferred a smaller amount into a smaller container. Love it for nighttime.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I can't believe this simple moisturizer is actually working for me. I'm shocked. My skin is very acne prone, clog prone and sensitive. Currently I'm also on Retin A, and it's been so hard to find a moisturizer that will help with the severely dry skin. I've tried so many, and every single one broke me out.

Enter this pretty little pink bottle. I don't know why I picked it up. Out of desperation? It looked a bit retro, and I love everything retro. So I bought it.

I expected break outs, disaster. But I was totally and pleasantly surprised! A simple lotion that soothes my skin and makes it baby soft. No breakouts whatsoever and I find the way it smells very pleasant. I put this on before my Eucerin SPF 30 and my skin is doing great.

Definite repurchase!

on 11/11/2017 5:16:00 PM

Very good basic moisturizer for a good price! Musthave for every women. If you have dry skin you can use it as a serum i love it

on 10/30/2017 9:51:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have oily, acne-prone, sensitive skin and this moisturizer is the best I have tried so far. Every other moisturizer I have tried either broke me out or dried out/irritated my skin, but this is perfection. The packaging is hygienic and I find the scent to be quite pleasant. A pea sized amount is enough to cover my entire face and it leaves my skin feeling smooth and hydrated without the redness and irritation that most moisturizers create. The reason this gets 4 lippies instead of 5, is because it does not do much for the oil my skin produces and I still need to blot throughout the day or use a mattifying foundation (FYI this is a great makeup base). Overall this is a great product for sensitive skin as it is gentle and leaves your skin feeling healthy.

on 9/30/2017 2:18:00 PM

A very simple no frills moisturizer that is an oil in water base. It has mineral oil, petroleum, and other occlusives in a non-greasy fluid base. It's not going to cause miracles-there are no magic retinoids, peptides, antioxidants, or acids-basically there are no active ingredients that can actually combat aging other than keeping your skin hydrated which reduces the look of wrinkles. I'm not a big fan of the scent-but it's also comforting and nostalgic. This is a classic for a very good reason-in a world of fancy marketing ploys, Olay beauty fluid is just a good simple moisturizer. Sometimes, simple is best in the world of skin care. I have not broken out from this and it gives nice hydration. I suggest a heavier night cream for people who have very dry skins.

on 5/6/2017 10:58:00 PM

Nice moisturizer but TERRIBLE scent. I can barely stand it. I think I'm going to have to throw it out!

on 12/26/2016 11:30:00 AM

Love it, but the scent is annoying. Also, it's PINK. Who wants pink?

I have tried everything. Earlier this year, I decided to treat myself to La Mer, and was shocked at how ineffective it was. My face was dry by end of day. Returned.

Then I tried this Olay. I wanted a lotion, because creams turn my face shiny by end of day. I thought for $8 it was worth the risk.

on 12/11/2016 10:44:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Such a classic beautiful moisturiser. This reminds me of watching my mum do her makeup when I was a little girl, the scent really comforts me. This is the first moisturiser I ever used when my mum taught me how to use make up and I recently found my way back to it and was reminded how brilliant it is. I use this pre-makeup and post-makeup and it leaves my skin so soft and even looking. It also reduces redness. This is one of those moisturisers that is fail safe for me and that I know I can rely on.