Badger Badger Balm Cocoa Butter Lip Balm in Lime Rocket

Not tested on animals

on 8/18/2013 2:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I really wanted to like this lip balm. In fact, I can't bring myself to throw it away. You get a sizable amount, given the width of the tube, and the lime is nice.

But the downside forme is the waxy texture and gritiness.

This is a nice organic lip balm, and nice if you prefer citrus scents. Neither scent is very strong, but you get a lime top note and a whiff of coconut, both of which disperse quickly. It glides on smoothly and lasts a few hours.

The only downside is the product will begin to separate, and form bumps. Leave it in a hot car for 30min (or perhaps dunk in a mug of hot water?) and it'll melt back together quickly.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I'll start by saying that the only reason I wouldn't buy this again is only b/c I'm not really a lime kinda girl when it comes to my lip stuff. That's the only reason. I got as a gift set w/plain cocoa & orange cocoa. Badger makes other scents/flavors that I like alot better, that's all. But if you're into cocoa & lime go for it! It's a good product.

This moisturized well and all that, but I realized I don't really like the smell of lime in my bodycare products a whole lot. I also like the regular lip balms better. If you like lime alot you should be happy with it.

I love everything about this balm. The scent is fresh and buttery at the same time, the texture is creamy and silky and the moisturizing effect you get is excellent. The best lip balm I've ever tried, hands down.

on 1/9/2009 5:30:00 PM

The scent of this lip balm is very invigorating and fresh, this is the first thing that caught my attention. The ingredients are all natural and mostly organic which is great. The balm is moisturizing and soothing. It is not too greasy and its texture is soft and smooth considering it contains beeswax. Overall, this is a decent lip balm, it is organic and it has a pleasant lemon scent and taste, there is nothing extraordinary about this product. I would definitely purchase it again. It is a bit expensive-about $7Cad but the amount of balm in the tube is 7g, almost double the amount of product in comparison to Burt's Bees Honey Lip Balm(4.25g). I would choose this lip balm to Burt's Bees Honey lip balm any day due to its great texture and flavour.
Ingredients:
Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Organic Cocoa Butter, Natural Golden Yellow Beeswax, Castor Bean Oil, Organic Extract of Aloe Vera, and CO2 Extracts of Rose Hip, & Seabuckthorn Berry, essential oils of Lime, Litsea Cubeba, and Tangerine

on 9/10/2007 5:17:00 PM

Why did I buy this? It was the name. LIME ROCKET. So much rowdier than those other Badgers. Those mellow, snoozy Badgers. Badger balms are smoother and softer than most beeswax/ natural lip balms, so I like them. They work pretty well, not HG, but good enough. Mostly, this smells and tastes like lime ice pops, which I like. The scent is refreshing. But there's something strange going on here. There's a split second when the wax and lime smell combine, and they just don't go together. And...maybe lime isn't the most soothing on the lips? I'd still buy it again. It was a LIME ROCKET. I had to buy it.

Top Rated Lip Treatments