Azzaro Chrome Legend EDT

No Image

1 review

This was quite a nice surprise - got a sample with a recent purchase and it turned out to be an exceptional scent for DH. He just loves it and actually requested it as a future gift - something he has done only once before! The tagline reads: "All the iconic freshness of Chrome combined with the richness of Legend", so I am assuming that this is an amalgamation scent. I remember what Chrome smells like but have not yet experienced Legend, and honestly, didn't even know it existed. The sample card describes Chrome Legend as "fresh, fruity, woody and ambery", and lists the notes as "green apple, bitter orange, rubbed leaves, precious wood, amber and sweet musks". On DH it smells of the most crisp citrus-marine (like Chrome) topping a gorgeous base that is prominently woody. It is so well constructed, so balanced and smooooth. Rich but dry, I don't detect any sweetness. Excellent staying power and exceptional sillage, it lasts for hours and hours and wafts about nicely, even with a teensy application. The chrome-topped squarish aquamarine glass bottle complements the scent nicely. Top marks all around. I will definitely be buying a nice big bottle of this for DH very very soon, there's no way I'm going to wait for Xmas to smell this on him again!
UPDATE: I found the scent in the bottle to be very slightly different than what was in the sample vial, but that is a good thing because with the bottle stuff I catch a whiff of something that reminds me of a cinnamon bun from time to time. The sillage is just insane, he hardly puts any on yet it can be smelled from across the room, but when you get up close it's not strong, either. It just carries a long way.
UPDATE II: The colder the weather gets, the less I like the crisp top notes on him. I think this should be saved for the warmest months.

Popular Fragrances (for Men)

Bleu de Chanel