Bobbi Brown Exclusive Luxe Brush Collection

Bobbi Brown Exclusive Luxe Brush Collection

on 1/28/2009 5:09:00 PM

I came to know of the 2007 Luxe collection a bit late - only after the white gold/platinum version (2008 holiday) was released. After drooling and lusting for weeks, I decided to see whether I could still get the 2007 collection. The 2007 collection is more value for the money as it is housed in a sturdy box with a leather travel case. Plus, the lining inside the box is more luxurious, I find, and can better display the brushes if you are just going to use them at home. To display in the zip-up case of the 2008 version is simply not practical, nor is it very travel-friendly either because of the bulk. I have only touched the 2008 version in stores, but from what I can compare, the quality of the brushes felt the same.

Ahhhh....... the power of Google. I finally tracked one down in Toronto !! The seller had received it as a gift and had been listing it in various channels. I was absolutely delighted, of course. And after paypal transactions were completed, I finally received it.

Suffice to say that my SO actually expressed some jealousy listening to me wax lyrical over the set, and seeing me playing with it almost every night. I agree with the previous reviewer. This is a once in a lifetime purchase. I feel chic just taking them out and looking at them. This will be a treasured item for years to come.

on 9/9/2007 1:49:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

The Bobbi Brown Neiman Marcus Exclusive Luxe Brush set is gorgeous and so is the box inside and out (and the genuine leather travel bag is beautiful, too). Although the 10 brushes are the same great ones as you can find in Bobbi's other sets, the handles on these are ebony and 24K gold. I did NOT need these (or the $650 price) but I have a gorgeous gold and jeweled Jay Stronwater vanity set......and these are the finishing touch that makes my bathroom and vanity look exquisite (and at least the brushes are functional, too). Gorgeous set, DEFINITELY A ONCE IN A LIFETIME ITEM! Fortunately, Bobbi's brushes do last forever!

Popular Makeup Brushes