C.O. Bigelow Lemon Lip Cream

C.O. Bigelow  Lemon Lip Cream

4.5

on 2/15/2014 1:16:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am am one of those people that has a lip-balm/lip treatment in my pocket at all times (and a back-up in my car, my purse, my desk drawer at work, the list goes on...).

I have tried tons of lip products and this is one of the better ones out there. I first heard of it on MUA when I went looking for a dupe of the high-priced Fresh-Sugar lip treatment and C.O. Bigelow Lemon Lip Cream was suggested as something that was similar but not necessarily a dupe. It's definitely NOT a dupe-biggest difference is that this is a creamy formula in a squeeze tube and Fresh-Sugar lip treatment is a solid, "lipstick" style product. On a side note, C.O. Bigelow does make a stick version of this which is an excellent product (but that's another review) and the stick version is closer to a Fresh-Sugar lips dupe than this is.

C.O Bigelow Lemon Lip Cream may not be a dupe for Fresh but it is an excellent product, in its own right. It has a thin, creamy texture, a light, lemon scent & taste, is not waxy, is long-wearing and does an excellent job of keeping my lips moist, plus it's very affordable (I think I paid around $3.50 US). It feels slick & a bit tacky to the touch, but doesn't feel sticky when applied to the lips. It does produce a bit of a shine so if you're looking for a matte finish, this is not for you. I don't love the packaging although the vintage look is cute, it's size is a bit cumbersome. I also am not a huge fan of squeeze tube types of lip treatments as they can be messy but as long as I pay attention when I squeeze some product out, a mess can be avoided. For me, this product performs so well that I can look past the packaging. It has quickly become my favorite lip treatment.

I am about to finish my 1st tube and I plan on buying more-1 for my purse, a spare for my car, another spare for the nightstand next to my bed, and the list goes on and on....

I am so glad I decided to try this! LOVE IT! It's super smooth and smells and tastes delicious. Cute packaging and well worth the price. Will repurchase again and again.

on 5/5/2010 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

For me, this is a great product for spring and fall, when my lips need extra moisture but aren't chapped. This wasn't moisturizing enough for winter, but I live in a very cold, windy climate. I'm really enjoying it at the moment, though! It's not sticky at all, and it just has a little bit of shine. I like the lemon scent. It's sweetened, which I don't generally like, but it's not overly sweet. I like that the tube has a slanted applicator on the end. However, I am still working at squeezing with proper pressure to get just the right amount of product out. That has taken some practice!

Pricewise, I think the lip cream is a fairly good deal if you buy during the BBW semi-annual sale or a buy 2, get 1 free deal. I would buy it on sale, but I don't think I'd pay full price for it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This one is great for those winter months when your lips are super chapped. I like it because it smells like lemon merangue pie! It makes your lips so smooth and it lasts a long time. I only re-apply it once or twice in a day.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Too liquidy to be a lip balm & too "heavy" to be a lipgloss. Not at all what I was looking for or what I need. I'm giving it two lippies instead of one because I enjoyed the smell.

on 10/19/2008 9:34:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I used to gravitate to this when I played with the testers at BBW, but never broke down and bought a tube.Well,I finally did recently,and I must say there are few things that keep my lips at a constant moisture level and this DOES.I've tried everything,and I mean everything.I've used Nivea,Dr. Hauschka,Weleda,Abba,Palmer's,Burt's Bees, and I don't know what else.It is safe to say I am a lip balm ho.I love the taste/smell of this,and I agree with Stacy-if it came in stick form I'd be over the moon.My only complaint is that it is a bit goopy,which again would be resolved if it were there were a stick option. I find that this works well overnight and then I use Karite lips during the day to stave off dryness. I live in a cold/damp climate and have medications that tend to dry out my mouth,so keeping my lips from drying out is a constant battle.
Others mentioned missing the cooling sensation from the menthol/peppermint,and I'm the odd duck that is happy that this one doesn't have it as it dries out my lips even more.

on 9/18/2007 1:29:00 PM

I'm already a fan of the mentha lip line from Bigelow, and I am now a fan of this, as well. The lemon flavor is really nice, reminds me, as someone else said, of the the philosophy version. I like all kinds of lemon, but this one is definitely more tutti-dolci lemon than Fresh Sugar Lemon. The consistency is really nice and creamy and moisturizing. I got two of them but will definitely re-buy when I run out.

on 9/18/2007 11:10:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is really yummy. I love lemon and so this is right up my alley. It's not like the lip shines like the reviewer below mentioned. I still wish these had SPF in them. It feels exactly like a cream and is really moisturizing. Love it!

Top Rated Lip Treatments