C.O. Bigelow Lemon Lip Cream

C.O. Bigelow  Lemon Lip Cream

4.8

on 2/15/2014 1:16:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am am one of those people that has a lip-balm/lip treatment in my pocket at all times (and a back-up in my car, my purse, my desk drawer at work, the list goes on...).

I have tried tons of lip products and this is one of the better ones out there. I first heard of it on MUA when I went looking for a dupe of the high-priced Fresh-Sugar lip treatment and C.O. Bigelow Lemon Lip Cream was suggested as something that was similar but not necessarily a dupe. It's definitely NOT a dupe-biggest difference is that this is a creamy formula in a squeeze tube and Fresh-Sugar lip treatment is a solid, "lipstick" style product. On a side note, C.O. Bigelow does make a stick version of this which is an excellent product (but that's another review) and the stick version is closer to a Fresh-Sugar lips dupe than this is.

C.O Bigelow Lemon Lip Cream may not be a dupe for Fresh but it is an excellent product, in its own right. It has a thin, creamy texture, a light, lemon scent & taste, is not waxy, is long-wearing and does an excellent job of keeping my lips moist, plus it's very affordable (I think I paid around $3.50 US). It feels slick & a bit tacky to the touch, but doesn't feel sticky when applied to the lips. It does produce a bit of a shine so if you're looking for a matte finish, this is not for you. I don't love the packaging although the vintage look is cute, it's size is a bit cumbersome. I also am not a huge fan of squeeze tube types of lip treatments as they can be messy but as long as I pay attention when I squeeze some product out, a mess can be avoided. For me, this product performs so well that I can look past the packaging. It has quickly become my favorite lip treatment.

I am about to finish my 1st tube and I plan on buying more-1 for my purse, a spare for my car, another spare for the nightstand next to my bed, and the list goes on and on....

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

Tastes sweet and lemony but not too artificial. Feels smooth and hydrating. Shiny, but not sticky or unnatural. Everything you want in a lip treatment. Seems expensive, but the tube lasts a long time and you can usually catch a two-for-one sale.

on 8/28/2011 5:00:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I am a sucker for anything lemon-related; a lemony scent is a sure-fire way for perking me up.
First off, the packaging is adorable. I love lip products in squeezy tubes! It ensures I can get every bit of product out, and the label on the yolk-yellow tube is so pretty.
As for the product, it's very moisturizing! It's one of three lip balms I use on my lips before I go to bed. I wouldn't call it a 'cream' per say, it's a little more watery than that, but nothing as thin a a serum. It spreads very evenly and the scent is out of this world. It's a sort of...lemon meringue pie scent? It's lemony, but there's a sweetness behind it. It's very comforting.

Mmmmm, yummy. Tastes exactly like the iced lemon cake my grocery sells! Pretty thick, like Vaseline-consistency, though I don't know if my tubes are old since I got them off Ebay, and the reviews here seem to consistently suggest it is runny. Either way, I like it a lot. Works well over lipstick, and as a night treatment where I can't lick it so much :)

favorite favorite favorite lip product from BBW. first of all, its not quite glassy-shiny, but more like a creamy shine (..durr..it is a cream..), which is great because i am not a fan of super-shiny gloss. second of all, i LOVE the smell of all the c.o. bigelow lemon products, and this is no exception. third, it was extremely conditioning..my lips are horribly chapped during the winter and not many things can even get close to helping them out, but this definately does the trick. fourth, i got them 2 for $10, which is pretty good because they are kind of pricey for a gloss (for me, anyway..i am super cheap). i would totally buy it again though. a huuuge favorite.

Top Rated Lip Treatments