C.O. Bigelow Lemon Lip Cream

Filtered by skin type : Combination
C.O. Bigelow  Lemon Lip Cream

4.5

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought this after seeing some raves about this. Not a fan of this.
Feels like I merely slap some oil or wax on my lips, and it does nothing. Weird smell for "lemon". Smells very plastic-y to me..

Much better products out there but this obviously works for some. I am just not a fan of it, and it is rather pricey. I know when B&BW has their Buy 2 Get 1 Free deals, this makes it more affordable, but that is still $5.00 I would rather spend on a product that works better. Heck, I would rather just slap some basic Vaseline on my lips than use this stuff. Neither is very moisturizing, but Vaseline to me works about the same as this....nothing special...But hey, if it works out for you, it is a nice sized tube, easy to apply, and easy to find bc of the yellow coloring. But for me, if I am gonna spend $7.50 or even $5.00, I expect and desire a product to work, and this does not work for me.

on 11/22/2012 10:15:00 PM

I absolutely adore, adore, ADORE this lip balm!

It smells and tastes amazing! Not to sweet and not to sour, sort of like a lemon tart.

I love this lipbalm for any day!

HG lip gloss. I only wear gloss or balm on my lips, but I MUST have some on at all times. The taste and smell of this product is phenomenal if you like lemons. I only switch to C.O tinted mentha lip glosses if I want a bit of color to go out. I have about 3 tubes of this for my car, purse, and work, and also a couple tubes of the lemon lip balm on my nightstand and makeup bag. I will always have these in stock and have a backup supply b/c that's how much I love them! Kinda pricey, but I get them at BBW and they almost always have some sort of lip gloss sale. It's soft and buttery and smooth. yum!

on 3/15/2012 6:43:00 PM

I LOVE this lip cream. I'm not really big on lip glosses, lip balms... lip anything. Bought this on a whim and I fell in love instantly. The texture is creamy but liquid-like and doesn't give you crazy shine like a lip gloss which is a big plus for me! It is very hydrating and it stays on for quite a while. The lemon scent/flavor is not overpowering at all -- a very subtle scent that's pleasant and delicious! If and when the day comes that this product gets discontinued... I'd immediately run out to buy at least 10+ more!!

on 3/6/2012 9:38:00 PM

AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!DEFINATE BUYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so glad I decided to try this! LOVE IT! It's super smooth and smells and tastes delicious. Cute packaging and well worth the price. Will repurchase again and again.

on 1/17/2011 4:28:00 AM

I love lemon products, especially if they smell like real lemons. This lip cream smells of lemon rind, which is where most of the lemon oils and scent comes from. If you like lemons or citrus you will love this. There is no tint and it's not sticky so your hair does not get stuck to it. It's a cream that feels like lip balm once it's on your lips.

pros:
- smells like real lemon
- no weird or bitter taste, it's sweet (but you still should not lick it lol)
- light creamy texture that is easy to apply and feels light on lips
- lips are moisturized and soft after absorbtion
- packaged in a tube

cons:
- price. Though it works well and is delicious $7.50 is a bit much
- I would prefer a smaller aplication tip

I love it and already bought a second during one of BBW's lip stuff sales(buy 2 get or 3 for $14). There is also a stick version but I would try this one first.

on 1/17/2011 3:17:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

This product smells amazing and leaves my lips smooth and soft. It also taste great and will repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

The packaging is super cute and a bit vintage-y and the tube is always a plus. It's bright yellow so it's easy to find in my purse, too! For $7.50, it's heavier on the wallet than something I'd normally spend on a balm but I thought it smelled so good, what the heck. It wasn't especially moisturizing, actually less than most things I use but it tastes really good and adds an extra-moist look over lipstick. I might repurchase if it were cheaper, but nothing I can't do without.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

This is a must-have, especially for summer. Tube lasts for quite some time! (there is .5 oz in every tube, which is more than most lipglosses or creams.... even the more expensive ones.) for those who are too in love with lip gloss to simply use chap stick, and hate to have to have steps for applying (first, you do this, second, you do... ect.) this is just perfect. Moisturizing and semi glossy, depending on the amount you put on, this is the balance of everything. Not to slick, not to sticky, not too thick, and not too runny. The flavor is a plus, too. :D

Popular Lip Treatments