C.O. Bigelow Lemon Lip Cream

Filtered by age: 25-29
C.O. Bigelow  Lemon Lip Cream

4.7

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I can't believe I've never written a review for this lip balm! This has been my HG lip balm since BBW started carrying c.o. bigelow. I've gone through countless tubes of this, at least 2 tubes a year. I always try to find a new HG because I can get bored with products, but I always go back to this lip balm. I love how smooth and creamy it feels on my lips. Keeps them nice and soft, and as long as I use this l/b I don't get any flakes. The smell and taste is very pleasant, a light sweet lemon. I prefer this over fresh's lemon sugar lip balm because it doesn't leave a bitter taste in my mouth. The only downside is in the summer it can get too runny, but it is still useable. It goes back to it's original state once the temperature cools down. I use this 3-4x a day and the tube lasts me several months. I've also tried the stick form of this lip balm and prefer the texture of the one in the squeeze tube. Highly recommend!!

HG lip gloss. I only wear gloss or balm on my lips, but I MUST have some on at all times. The taste and smell of this product is phenomenal if you like lemons. I only switch to C.O tinted mentha lip glosses if I want a bit of color to go out. I have about 3 tubes of this for my car, purse, and work, and also a couple tubes of the lemon lip balm on my nightstand and makeup bag. I will always have these in stock and have a backup supply b/c that's how much I love them! Kinda pricey, but I get them at BBW and they almost always have some sort of lip gloss sale. It's soft and buttery and smooth. yum!

I am so glad I decided to try this! LOVE IT! It's super smooth and smells and tastes delicious. Cute packaging and well worth the price. Will repurchase again and again.

on 2/20/2011 1:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I love this lip cream! Creams usually work better for me than those waxy balms. This is very moisturizing, plus the hint of lemon just smells and feels good on dry lips. It's shiny so it seems like you're wearing some lip gloss. I use lip creams on nights that I feel dry and I wake up with nice, plump, smooth and sumptuous lips. Love it!

on 11/28/2010 7:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I'm a lip balm girl-- I need them because my lips always dry out and chap unless I have something on them. This is a notable specimen in my fine collection of lip stuff for a couple of reasons. On the outside, I think it's adorable and not cheap feeling or looking. The packaging is functional, gets a little grimy cause the tube is matte, not shiny. I love all sweet things lemon-- lemon meringue, lemon bars. The scent and taste reminds me of those goodies : ) The texture is smooth, not too thick or watery and maintains moisture on lips in good condition. When you're lips are cracked and sore feeling, this is not the balm to use. If you want healing, I like Neosporin overnight treatment in the white pot. but back to this lemon goodness. The ingredient list makes this balm feel luxurious-- there are essential oils from lemons, ceramide 2 to smooth the lips, peptides to plump, sodium hyaluronate to moisturize. I'll definitely repurchase, it's a good bargain (at 0.5 oz, this tube is not wimpy) and they usually have buy two get one free deals. I'm going to buy these for my two sisters for Christmas. and get one free for myself! : )

on 2/28/2010 4:21:00 AM

WOW. Lemon cake-flavored lip stuff. That is all I have to say.

*Homer drool*

EDIT: This cause tiny little pimples by the corners of my mouth. Not a big deal, and certainly not enough to make me quit using it. But if it broke me out, it could break other people out too, possibly worse.

on 1/31/2010 9:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Love the smell of this balm & the packaging is great...I find it too oily though & it doesn't seem to do the trick for my lips, but in it's defense stickier/thicker products seem better for my dry, cracked often bleeding lips that peel constantly despite exfoliation.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I am surprised at how much I love this.

I'll start off by saying I am alays willing to pay for a good quality balm because I am allergic to so many including CHAPSTICK!!! It makes my lips peel off:( I didnt have high hopes for this but based on such good reviews I gave it a try during the sale.

LOVE IT!

I am not usually a fan of lemon (prefer vanilla) but this has such a delicious foodie inspired Lemon cake bakery yummy taste to it that I am in HEAVEN!

I recently tried the MAC lip conditioner which I love but waaay too expensive. This is $7.50 a tube so not cheap but on sale they go for about $5.00 apiece and when I recently repurchased from a seller online I got 6 tubes of this for a grand total of $12.50 including shipping! Less than the price of 2 tubes in the store which does have sales tax (BOO!)

The lip cream is SUPER-emollient (made with 2% lemon oil), is smooth and not sticky or gloppy (hate getting my hair stuck in my gloss!) and my lips haven't peeled!

The finish is matte shine-not super glossy. My hubby loves this-he usually hates my glosses because they make him sticky, but now when he kisses me he says "mm you're wearing the tasty stuff."

It also has a great tube format. I used to love my Kores lipgloss but it was ina tub and hated sticking fingers in there-this is much more sanitary.

Its a ten in my book especially now when its getting cooler and I am one of thsoe folks who usually suffers from chronic chapped lips..Not this year!

on 8/10/2009 3:35:00 PM

Edit 6/9/14: I haven't used this in years. I prefer natural lip balms now.

Oh how i LOVE this. :) This is the best lip balm I've ever tried (and I've tried tons). It smells amazing, tastes good, and gives a nice sheen (not too glossy, not too matte). Goes on smooth, gives immediate moisture, and lips stay soft when it wears off, but it lasts really well too. Not heavy or sticky, but does make lips feel moisturized and protected. I'm not a fan of the Mentha Shines, My Favorite Lip Balm, or the new Lemon Lip Balm (stick). This one is seriously tops.

on 5/23/2009 12:14:00 AM

Love this! It is moisturizing and smells great! I am a total sucker for lemon scented/smell products. Plan to purchase again

Top Rated Lip Treatments