Weleda Rose Cream

No Image

3.2

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Overall, I must say I LOVE this. Effective LIGHTWEIGHT nongreasy moisturizer that is great for my dry/dehydrated, sensitive, yet still reactive/acne-prone (at times) skin. EXTREMELY lightweight, though, so if you habe truly dry, flaky skin, I'd recommend perhaps the rose night cream or rose face lotion for a heavier or middleweight moisturizer.

The makeup goddess Lisa Eldridge recommended this in a Youtube video, and this does not disappoint, And actually seemed to help either clear up/or calm down an allergic reaction to what I think is an adverse (not allergic, but more like a comedogenic ) reaction to coconut derivative (or oil also known as sodium lauroyl lactate- not sure if this is another name for coconut ouk proper or if it is another thing simply DERIVED from coconuts. This is a product found in various amount in the Bareminerals Complexion rescue, their READY blushes (and presumably all the READY face products, but I've only tried the blushes, so I can't say for sure), and the Cerave PM moisturizer. All of these products initially seemed to agree with me, but since started to seem to flare up redness in the face, but rose extract seems to soothe and clear away any reaction. May have found my newest skincare ingredient obsession (along with lactic and glycolic acids) Already was a huge fan of the REN Rosa Centifolia Hot Cloth Cleanser and the Thayers Alcohol-free Witch Hazel (and Rose version) toner, so this is another rose thing to add in to my facial care, and so far, thankfully, so good.

My gripes are the squeeze tube (I'd prefer a pump bottle ideally and one with a lockable pump- this was a huge selling point for me for the Cerave PM that sadly turned sour on me, and has been demoted to body cream (my skin is so dry on the body a little pore-clogging can't hurt :)), but alas a metal-esque squeeze tube prevails in this Weleda face lotion.

IDK if there is technically added fragrance here or if it just comes from the roses used to make this product what it is, but it is a prominent rose smell (stronger than the REN Hot Cloth Cleanser if that is helpful), I love roses and it's an organic brand, so not much worry of too many synthetics, so I am okay with it, but it might not be for some or for the very sensitive or for any people who are rose averse or intolerant, I would steer clear.

Price for amount of product is steep, and I feel I might go through this quite quick, due to using it day and night on face and bringing a little tiny bit onto the neck as well and its light, thinISH consistency.

Thanks for reading and hope that was helpful to someone. :)

on 1/1/2016 3:25:00 PM

Awesome now my face smells like bug spray. Bleccch

on 12/31/2008 12:39:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I use the Wild Rose cleansing lotion, along with the day (this review) and night creams and am super pleased. I mix this with a little Dr. H bronzing serum and it sinks right into my (previously) oily skin, leaving it soft and dewy. No breakouts, seems to calm the occasional hormonal blemish, has reduced redness and irritation. Even with sunscreen over top it never feels heavy. Plus, you need such a very little that it's exceedingly cost-effective. From a sensory-experience perspective, I prefer the night cream -- the day cream is considerably dribblier. But it really is the perfect day-wear consistency. The smell is bliss in a teeny aluminum tube. Loves it!

on 4/27/2008 1:30:00 AM

Review for the night cream version!
This lotion is THICK. But instead of being like a nice creamy moisturizer, it's thick like a paste instead. It smells very strongly of old roses (I know, I know, it's called that, but the scent is pretty overbearing and not pleasant IMO), and as far as I can tell, the scent does not dissipate quickly.

My skin definitely did not feel more moisturized after, and certainly wouldn't consider it hydrating enough to be called a night cream.

I *do* love that it's natural, but the consistency and smell really don't work for me.

on 4/23/2008 8:07:00 AM

I adore this moisturizer. I have sensitive skin and have had no ill reactions to the formula. I only use this in the morning as I prefer a thicker creme for night. I use this alone or under makeup. My skin loves it!

on 1/11/2008 10:58:00 AM

I use the complete wild rose line of weleda.

The wild rose day cream is rich and creamy, and does absorb after a few seconds, leaving a mat finish for make-up.

I don't like the Night cream though,it's drying and a bit itching, strange enough, it's not even as moisturing as the day cream!

The eye cream is nice, absorbs very quickly!
and the wild rose oil capsule is wonderful!

on 12/19/2007 3:13:00 PM

I purchased Weleda Wild Rose Day Cream, and I'm very dissatisfied with it. Very heavy and greasy, even for my dry skin! The product did not absorb into my skin and it feels very greasy, also I'm not too satisfied with the smell either. I have a feeling it will make me breakout so I will stop using it. I would not recommend this product.

on 12/30/2005 2:38:00 PM

Rose moisture cream literally burn my skin- irritation was very bad!!! Thanks God for Dr.Hauscha s moisture mask( which is truly calms the skin) and simple castor oil(helps with inflammation), because my face was truly purple. Carefully if you have sensitive skin!!!!!! Maybe it was peppermint- it is a very strong irritant, so are Bergamot and Grapefruit, Yland ylang . I have no clue what really happened and I only hope nobody else has similar experience. I tried all Weledas face creams(I like Iris line) with no irritation
Ingredients (INCI): Water (Aqua), Peach (Prunus persica) Oil, Sweet Almond (Prunus dulcis) Oil, Alcohol, Musk Rose (Rosa moschata) Oil, Hydrolyzed Beeswax, Lysolecithin, Glyceryl stearate SE, Orpine (Sedum purpureum) Extract, Xanthan Gum, Horsetail (Equisetum arvense) Extract, Myrrh (Commiphora myrrha) Extract, Fragrance: natural essential oils (Bergamot (Bergaptin free), Clove, Geranium, Grapefruit, Guaiac wood, Jasmin, Lavender, Neroli, Petitgrain, Peppermint, Rose, Rosemary, Ylang Ylang).

on 5/29/2004 5:07:00 PM

Excellent natural cream for combo-oily skin. It smells like heaven and in a couple of days the oily skin becomes totally balanced, and the pores just disappear. Its little bit too drying for me in some areas of the face, because of the high content in alcohol, so I mix a pea size amount of the cream with 2 drops of rosehip oil and I get a perfect moisturiser for the cheeks area. In the winter I use more rosehip oil mixed with the cream. Its the perfect all-weather cream for me, because mixing it with any oil when its cold or using it alone in oily skin spots makes it the most versatile cream ever! Its also 100% natural, not tested in animals, and have the essencial oil of 18 roses per tube, and is so cheap!!!
Weleda has just launched a new Wild Rose facial range, so this cream, wich is their classic Rose Cream, may be discontinued! I hope not, but I just bought four tubes, just in case!

Popular Face Skincare Products