L'Oreal Curl Vive Conditioner

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

You know what's so sad, is that here was a fabulous conditioner that cost next to nothing that actually left my curls defined and springy and completely defrizzed (with the added help of Ouidad's Climate Control gel to finish me off every day). This is now the third time they have repackaged their Vive line and reformulated the products and this time, they ruined a good thing. It is now called Vive-Pro and it sucks. The formulation weighs my hair down and leaves it heavy with most of the curl pulled out. Also like some products that weigh heavily, it actually made my long deep rich brown hair color look almost black. They also overperfumed this to the point where it made me nauseous. Yuck is all I can say. I've been using this for years and loved it! It's one thing to make an adjustment, its another to completely change a product that many of us had come to count on. Not only that but while they are busy repackaging and reformulating every few years where there is nothing on the shelves for months at a time, they are losing people who were forced to try other products while they diddled around and maybe found something better. STUPID!

on 4/16/2006 4:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I tried this conditioner a couple of years ago when I first stopped straightening my hair and decided to wear it wavy-curly more often. I couldn't remember why I didn't use it again, so I bought it recently. It made my hair frizzy and coated with something that felt like a pot after cooking potatoes or rice in it. It wasn't nearly moisturizing enough either. If your hair is a thirsty, porous curly type, this isn't that good.

on 1/24/2005 6:52:00 AM

I have wavy hair and this certainly freshened up my soft curls. The fragrance is light, application is easy and it detangles beautifully, mantaining full volume. I only use it once a week though, as it can weigh down hair. And excellent price. I certainly recommend it.

on 12/21/2005 2:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

For the price, this is a pretty good conditioner. I have wavy/curly hair that I sometimes leave natural and sometimes blowdry straight. I was looking for a cheaper alternative to the Kerastase products that I normally use and had read that the formulations of Kerastase and the L'Oreal Vive line were similar. However, I found that the Curl Vive products really coated my hair - to the point where it felt a little stiff and a bit more difficult to blowdry. Definitely did not feel as silky as my hair does with Kerastase. A decent detangler, but didn't do much for the look of my curls or frizz. Would probably not repurchase.

on 12/9/2005 9:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is a nice daily conditioner. No bells and whistles, but OK in a jam or on a budget. Would repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I used this with the accompanying shampoo. It has decent conditioning properties, especially since my hair is pretty dry at the ends. However, I did not notice any difference in my curls or the amount of frizz.

on 8/5/2003 3:38:00 PM

I used this product yesterday and my hair is the softest it has been in a LONG time! I will definately buy again!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I have fine hair, but a lot of it, and the conditioner they recommend for my type of hair is not good enough. I find that the detangling one, for coarser hair, is divine, though. It really does detangle and make my hair feel smooth in the shower. I can't really see a good reduction of frizz or curl definition, so no repurchasing.

on 11/25/2004 10:25:00 PM

The conditioner was not as moisturizing, nor as detangling as I had hoped. It seemed that it was too thick to spread well. Anyway, the packaging is great though...it let's you use the product until it finishes.

on 11/22/2004 12:21:00 PM

This is a really, really nice product. It brings out beautiful curls. It really does do what it says on the bottle. I've currently found a nice conditioner that i've been using recently, but this stuff works just as well. I have curly, frizz-prone, dry hair, and this stuff makes my curls look absoulutely gorgeous.