St. Ives Oatmeal and Shea butter

St. Ives Oatmeal and Shea butter

4.3

Aqua, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Soybean Oil, Stearic Acid, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Urea, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Avena Sativa (Oat) Meal Extract, Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Carbomer, Parfum, Triethanolamine, Dicetyl Phosphate, Ceteth-10 Phosphate, Cetearyl Glucoside, BHT, Phenoxyethanol, Methylisothiazolinone, Caprylyl Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Caramel, Red 33, Yellow 5, Yellow 6.

on 6/15/2016 8:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

An all time family favourite, this lotion is cruelty free and penetrates the skin without leaving an oily residue. Smells great and you find the smoothing effect after long use. Very cost effective. I am not sure if this particular shea and oatmeal darkens; but i observed my skin tone darkened a bit. We are in love with St Ives lotion line anyway...

on 3/7/2016 11:35:00 PM

This was my HG body lotion for about 7 years. It was rich, thick, creamy, absorbed well and kept my dry skin moisturized. I had no reason to stray. Unfortunately, they recently changed the formula and it is now thin, watered down and slow to absorb. Boo St. Ives! You took a great product and made it blah. At least it still has the same scent, that is the only redeeming factor.

To Read all 166 Reviews, Login or Join

on 2/9/2016 8:34:00 PM

Moisturises my skin wonderfully, leaving it feeling soft and healthy. No sticky residue either, absorbs quickly. Works better than The Body Shop body butters.

on 1/16/2016 3:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Hydrating and very pleasant smelling! The scent can be described as warm and nutty. Shea butter doesn't actually have much of a smell, but if it did, this is kind of how one might imagine it smells. Coconutty, but without the coconut part, just the nut, if that makes any sense! The body wash of this has a much fresher/lighter scent. This is decidedly a cozy, warm weather smell. I almost get hints of sugar or vanilla. It would layer very well with any of the BBW Warm Vanilla Sugar products, for example. The texture is light, and a bit cheap feeling, but I am not knocking off any lippies because the price is so darn reasonable. For example, Eucerin, Aveeno, Vanicream or Lubriderm body lotions have a much richer, less slippery texture. But a .24 oz pump bottle of this runs under $5.00, so as a moisturizer that works with a nice scent, I can't complain.
EDIT: Just changed this to 4 lippies. The consistency is really getting to me. It is so cheap, runny and slimy that it is bad even for the price-mark (the Avon Naturals line feel similar, for example). The other St. Ives lotions have a much nicer consistency. Even though the scent is pleasant enough and it will likely take care of mildly dry skin, I would not purchase at this point.

on 12/10/2015 8:53:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am allergic to most skin lotions, especially if the skin is broken. I can use this product with no adverse reaction UNLESS the skin is badly broken/rashy, in which case it makes it itchier. I love the scent. Nice texture, good moisturizing effect. Better for winter than summer, so as not to contribute to sweaty heat rash.

on 8/4/2015 11:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I really like this lotion. Makes my skin soft and hydrated. Not greasy at all, absorbs into skin quickly.

This is the only lotion I use. This is the only lotion I've used for years I love it. I use it cause my skin reacts to anything else. I definitely recommend this product if you hate smelly lotions and you have sensitive skin.

on 3/25/2015 8:44:00 PM

This body lotion smells so good, moisturizes really well, and is cheap too. However, I noticed that it leaves a greasy after-feel on my skin which is kind of gross in my opinion.

on 2/2/2015 2:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

After being underwhelmed by Palmer's Cocoa Butter when I was pregnant, I decided to try this. I've usually been disappointed by drug-store lotions. This one is way different. I have been using it for probably six years now. I've tried some of the other scents/formulas and they don't seem as good as this. I keep a bottle on my desk because the soap in my office is super drying. It works well for my dryer winter skin but doesn't get all greasy and weird in the summer. It's an all around HG for me.

on 1/26/2015 8:34:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I have dry, itch, psoriasis prone skin. I live in the dry south west.Hot and dry in the summer; cold and dry in the winter. This stuff helps stop the itching. It is soothing, cooling, and not greasy. I am not so fond of the scent, but that disappears in a few minutes. The texture is rich and it absorbs well. I found it to work much better than the Gold Bond line. Animal free testing is a major plus.The price is right.