4.3

package quality

price range

Reviews

5 months ago

Pros: gets absorbed very quickly non-greasy cheap soothing (even for psoriasis) Cons: the smell is nice in the bottle but a bit too... chemical once applied to the skin

About reviewer (134 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

EyesGray

2 years ago

I bought this to compliment the body wash . I am unsure if there is a vanilla version but would be most keen to try it . The scent is nurturing , nothing too overly sweet , calming . The lotion is medium to thin hence it is easy to spread and usable for both day and night . The price is cheap . I prefer thicker lotions because I prefer the feeling but this is still nice . No irritation or weird itch . Liking it but for now sticking to my Nivea / jergens which i prefer for the richer scent Edit 2019: don’t like it coz it’s too thin .

About reviewer (536 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

2 years ago

Good value, smells good, creamy but not greasy. Skin is moisturized but doesn’t stay too moisturized... I would prefer it does though. It works great, packaging needs improvement, otherwise it’s a nurturing, comforting scent that does the work.

About reviewer (12 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

4 years ago

An all time family favourite, this lotion is cruelty free and penetrates the skin without leaving an oily residue. Smells great and you find the smoothing effect after long use. Very cost effective. I am not sure if this particular shea and oatmeal darkens; but i observed my skin tone darkened a bit. We are in love with St Ives lotion line anyway...

About reviewer (11 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

HairBrown, Kinky, Medium

2.0
from

4 years ago

This was my HG body lotion for about 7 years. It was rich, thick, creamy, absorbed well and kept my dry skin moisturized. I had no reason to stray. Unfortunately, they recently changed the formula and it is now thin, watered down and slow to absorb. Boo St. Ives! You took a great product and made it blah. At least it still has the same scent, that is the only redeeming factor.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinCombination

HairBrunette

4 years ago

Moisturises my skin wonderfully, leaving it feeling soft and healthy. No sticky residue either, absorbs quickly. Works better than The Body Shop body butters.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinDry, Fair

HairBlond

4 years ago

Hydrating and very pleasant smelling! The scent can be described as warm and nutty. Shea butter doesn't actually have much of a smell, but if it did, this is kind of how one might imagine it smells. Coconutty, but without the coconut part, just the nut, if that makes any sense! The body wash of this has a much fresher/lighter scent. This is decidedly a cozy, warm weather smell. I almost get hints of sugar or vanilla. It would layer very well with any of the BBW Warm Vanilla Sugar products, for example. The texture is light, and a bit cheap feeling, but I am not knocking off any lippies because the price is so darn reasonable. For example, Eucerin, Aveeno, Vanicream or Lubriderm body lotions have a much richer, less slippery texture. But a .24 oz pump bottle of this runs under $5.00, so as a moisturizer that works with a nice scent, I can't complain. EDIT: Just changed this to 4 lippies. The consistency is really getting to me. It is so cheap, runny and slimy that it is bad even for the price-mark (the Avon Naturals line feel similar, for example). The other St. Ives lotions have a much nicer consistency. Even though the scent is pleasant enough and it will likely take care of mildly dry skin, I would not purchase at this point.

About reviewer (82 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Medium

4 years ago

I am allergic to most skin lotions, especially if the skin is broken. I can use this product with no adverse reaction UNLESS the skin is badly broken/rashy, in which case it makes it itchier. I love the scent. Nice texture, good moisturizing effect. Better for winter than summer, so as not to contribute to sweaty heat rash.

About reviewer (24 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinVery Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

5 years ago

I really like this lotion. Makes my skin soft and hydrated. Not greasy at all, absorbs into skin quickly.

About reviewer (29 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinOily, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Fine

5 years ago

This is the only lotion I use. This is the only lotion I've used for years I love it. I use it cause my skin reacts to anything else. I definitely recommend this product if you hate smelly lotions and you have sensitive skin.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

Age19-24