Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Cream - Night

Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Cream - Night
Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Cream - NightHealthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Cream - Night

4.1

Water, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, Dimethicone, Camellia Oleifera Extract, Retinol, Panthenol, Disodium EDTA, Tocopherol, Cetearyl Glucoside, Tocopheryl Acetate, Polysorbate 20, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, BHT, Carbomer.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I forgot my usual Rite-Aid generic version of Neutrogena's Ageless Intensives Deep Wrinkle Moisture Night Cream when I went on vacation recently, and bought this at a Walgreen's thinking it was the same product. It's definitely not.

I used this for two months, and my skin never looked as good while using it as it does with the the generic Rite-Aid Ageless Intensives Deep Wrinkle Moisture Night Cream -- my skin was not as bright and clear, and while I don't have any deep wrinkles, the few shallow ones around my eyes were more visible while using this than when I use my Rite-Aid product. I'm not sure that this product has enough retinol in it to speak of, and none of the rest of the ingredients are anything to write home about.

Sorry to write a negative - but the list of ingredients HAS changed: retinol is now the last ingredient. Virtually none at all, it seems. One amazon reviewer from 2016 reports it has .025 % retinol, also noting that the maker did not want to answer the question, and she found out on her own. And L7997's review here November 2016 notes that retinol is already listed last, whereas before it was much higher on the content list. The maker says the divulging percentage info is against company policy, that the formula has not changed since 2011, and the order of ingredients does not necessarily reflect content percentage. In which case I'm not clear why they changed the content listing. I have no break outs, no irritation from it and I do like the consistency - lighter than many night creams, and the no fragrance. I buy it off amazon. I had noticed the packaging had changed (the neutrogena box it comes in is now smaller.) That's fine - but the apparent formula dumbing down is not. I'd been buying it for a few years and noticed it seemed less effective of late. Could be just aging, but that may not be the all of it, as other reviewers have had the same criticism of the product. I wish I had realized this before ordering another tube of it recently. I will probably use what I have as a hand cream now.

USED TO BE: Ingredients
Water, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, Dimethicone, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Retinol, Panthenol, Disodium EDTA, Tocopherol, Cetearyl Glucoside, Tocopheryl Acetate, Polysorbate 20, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, BHT, Carbomer.

IS NOW:
Water, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Panthenol, Triethanolamine, Butylene Glycol, Carbomer, Diazolidinyl Urea, Cetearyl Glucoside, Methylparaben, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, BHT, Propylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Tocopherol, Polysorbate 20, Retinol

on 11/30/2017 4:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This is trash. It’s overpriced for what it is, and I saw no difference while using it.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This essentially is an overpriced moisturizer that Neutrogena justifies by sprinkling a bit of retinol. Retinol is the last ingredient, you are kidding yourself if you expect to get any of the benefits associated with retinol. My skin wasn't that moisturized after using this either.

I'm going to use up the rest of the tube. I think it may be breaking me out, I'm going to just use this product alone for a few nights & update.

on 4/3/2017 10:05:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I've been using only for a couple of weeks, and only every second or third night, but so far so good. My skin is super soft when I wake up after using. It reminds me of Philosphy's Help Me but at a third of the price (plus I bought on sale at Pharmaprix). I think there are different versions out there - I bought mine in Canada and retinol is the 8th ingredient.

Since I've had no success acclimatizing to prescription retin-A, I hope this retionol product can be a decent substitute.

on 3/3/2017 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Review for Neutrogena Healthy Skin Cream NIGHT. This is WHY I gave this a low rating...the ingredient list is different! I bought this off Walmart.com
If you check Walmart website AND the Neutrogena website Green Tea Extract and Retinol appears 7th & 8th on the ingredient list.

The product I received, Retinol appears LAST. Like Literally the LAST product before the full stop !! And the Green tea extract near the bottom of the list.

I am trying to attach pics so you can see for yourself. (trying to work it out on Makeup Alley) . You can check Walmart.com and Neutrogena.com for the different list.

on 1/18/2017 9:48:00 AM

Been using this for about a month now. Works wonderfully on pores, not so sure about fine lines just yet. Hate the packaging, it falls apart if you twist the tube at all. Shame on Neutrogena for putting retinol in a package like this.

on 12/11/2016 3:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I'm surprised by how much I love this moisturizer. Most moisturizers break me out within a day or two so I bought this with low expectations. I'm 28 and starting to get crows feet.

My skin was sensitive for a couple days but now I'm used to it. I've been using it nightly for three weeks. My skin has a fresh, youthful glow and evenness. I can't wait to see what the results will be when I finish the tube.

Edit 2/7/2017: As promised I am through the first tube and on to the second. I'm really liking this product. I am low maintenance when it comes to skincare so I love the low price and how easy it is to use (I found it easier to add to my nightly routine compared to peels or masks). The results aren't dramatic but a slow, steady improvement is skin texture. It's gradually blurring my old acne scars. I might step it up to MUAC's 10% retinol, which I also like, but this is great for now.

It's nothing fancy but I'd consider it a HG. I just have to admit I'm not into expensive or tedious skincare routines so it's perfect for me.

Im 29 years old and just started using this product. and so far i am loving it:)

on 11/2/2016 5:49:00 PM

The ingredients have changed

Retinol is the last ingredient, the nice stuff looks like it's gone.

Going to give it a go for a while.