Spectro Spectro Jel Cleanser for Blemish-Prone Skin (Fragrance Free)

Spectro Spectro Jel Cleanser for Blemish-Prone Skin (Fragrance Free)
No Title

4.1

Aqua, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Hydroxypropyl Methocellulose, Polysorbate 20, Cetyl Alcohol (moisturizer), Hydrated Silica, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Diazolidinyl Urea, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Sorbitan Oleate.

on 10/1/2018 4:37:00 PM

I am writing this review on behalf of my tween daughter who has dry/eczema prone skin and is just starting to get a few blackheads. She REALLY likes this cleanser. It seems to be reducing her blackheads as opposed to Cetaphil (which didn't really touch the blackheads, but didn't make her skin dry either) or CeraVe (which irritated her skin and caused millia). Fingers cross this is her HG cleanser because finding a product for dry, acne-prone skin has been a tough process.

on 9/22/2018 3:11:00 PM

My skin got much better after i stopped using this cleanser....i think the problem is that this cleanser leaves a layer of film on my face which causes extra irritation. I have then moved onto first aid beauty cleanser and the amount of bumps i get has gone done alot...my moisturizer also absorbs much better.....

two days ago out of the blue i just decided to use it again as a morning cleanser....the makeup application that day was so weird..liked the foundation is slippping away just as i am applying it...the whole day my face got really uncomfortable and got some bumps the day after...das how i know this has been standing between my skin and my foundation the whole time i was using it before....I will never use it again!!!!

on 6/7/2018 5:20:00 PM

I could not get over the chemical- smells like nail polish removal smell (strong)! This did Not touch my face! If you are sensitive to smells, don’t purchase this! The gel like cleanser was an odd texture.

I tread lightly with the term HG because I dont want to jinx it and I have used so many products others call HG only to find out that none of them work for my skin. A little background on my skin. I am 32. I had normal acne as a teen, benzoyl peroxide worked well for me. My skin was fairly clear through out college with occasional hormonal acne around upper lips and chin, nothing major and these went away after a week or so. My skin is oily but typically pretty normal unless it is dehydrated. Throughout most of my adult live, i used a simple soap bar from neutrogena and thats it. Over the past couple of years, as i am aging, i found that my skin dried out more, combine with insufficient exfoliation and moisturizing, i have had more and more breakouts, but still typically around that time of the months. Around november of last year, i started getting severe acne and cystic acne I am guessing due to losing weight, stress, SKii essence, amd lanaigh waterbank moisturizer...and maybe th severely dry and cold winter. My usually normal skin is an oil slick within half an hour of washing. It was so embarrassing at work because my face was covered in huge red bumps that were painful amd i looked so shinny and greasy. So my derm put me on tret, doxy, aczone, and honestly i continued to have cysts and i got cortisone shots and regular silk peel and i would continue to get cysts... i was so depressed and had so much anxiety and i would constantly feel my face for new bumps and stared at the mirror for days.... not to mention i must have spent clost to a thousand dollars on all the treatments and supplements and products...during this process i really struggled to find a good cleanser. I think this one is what i will be sticking with. It soothes my cysts and doesnt seem to cause news ones and i have used it for close to a months and my skin has calmed down dramatically. I currently still use tretinoin, doxy 100mg/day, aczone in the morning, sunscreen/moisturizer, ptr 10% glycolic moisturizer ever other day, on the off days i just use pca nutrient toner, garnier micellar water to remove sunscreen before spectro gel, evan healy lavender hydrolsol ( you must must must try this, it restored moisture in my skin and it is less oily now), this routine seems to really work for me after months of struggling. My ultimate hope is i can get off doxy, aczone, and tret.
Spectrol is amazing, the smell is really chemically, you have to rub it on your face for at least 40 seconds, works with clarisonic, doesnt remove make up so use something’s else first if you wear makeup! and please please give it a try!!!

on 10/3/2016 11:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I don't use this cleanser because it doesn't remove makeup. However, my 15-year-old DD uses this 2X a day and I have noticed a change in her skin's appearance. It looks clearer, less irritated and softer. She suffers with acne and uses prescribed creams from the derm so finding something that isn't harsh and doesn't irritate her skin further was necessary. She doesn't wear makeup so this cleanser is cleaning off dirt and oil and doing a good job. Will repurchase.

on 6/13/2016 10:10:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HG status!! I have been using this product for many many years (over 15) and it's the only facial cleanser that I truly trust. It's a gentle cleanser that keeps my face feeling thoroughly clean and does not break me out or irritate my skin. It has a gel like consistency and does not lather - but a little goes a long way. This one in particular is fragrance free which I love. Overall its a no frills type of cleanser but it really does get the job done and keep my break outs at bay. Note, that this product does not remove make up, so it's important to double cleanse by using a cleanser that will remove make up first (I recommend Boscia Make-Up break up cooling cleansing oil).

on 6/7/2016 10:00:00 AM

This review might be a little premature as I only started using this last night, but WOW! I have really been sleeping on this.

My skin: oily t-zone, clogged pores on my nose and chin, normal/dry cheeks (depending on the season). I don't have traditional breakouts (i.e. painful whiteheads), but sometimes my skin freaks out causing me to break out with little red pimples on my forehead/temple area.

Recently, my skin had been going through one of these funks due to the seasonal change into hot weather. It was overall dull with red spots on my forehead and temples. My co-worker recommended this so I purchased and used it last night and when I woke up this morning my skin was 90% clearer! It was a miracle product for me. In addition to calming down my break out, my skin is soft and glowing today. For ~$8 CAD it is truly worth a try!

Quick background: my skin is oily on my forehead, nose, inner cheeks, and chin, which then also means visible pores that are easily clogged (leading to breakouts). The rest of my skin is normal to dry. I have a little rosacea at the centre of my face, and I'm very fair. I looked for a cleanser for what seemed like forever that wouldn't irritate my skin or clog my pores. I tried so many and every single one clogged my pores. This cleaner is seriously a God-send, and if you have skin like mine I highly recommend this. It's gentle, but it makes your skin baby-bottom soft and cleans your pores right out. I have seen a vast improvement in my skin since starting this (been using for about a month now), and I saw amazing results in the first week. My skin is clean, my pores aren't clogged and appear smaller, my breakouts are gone, my irritation bumps have disappeared, my skin is sooo soft, and my overall skin tone has evened out. This probably doesn't work for everyone, but I'm so happy it does for me! It's worth a try, girls!

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I have always used this on and off since I was 14 (now 26) for the dry winter months when my skin is lacking moisture. I naturally have normal skin with slight dryness that turns to very dry in the winter. It is a good product for ph balance and getting rid of dirt/oil. It does not remove makeup. I use coconut oil to remove all my eye and face makeup, rinsing and oiling twice. I follow up with this on a Japanese facial sponge (kojak?) to get rid of any remaining makeup and dirt through exfoliation. This product actually works better as a gentle morning cleanser when you aren't wearing makeup. In the summer I switch to one of my favourite foaming washes such as La Roche Posay, Vichy or Cerave and follow up with Spectro for ph balance and to add back stripped moisture from the foam wash. All in all a great product for sensitive, dry or maturing skin. The downfall is the clinical, alcoholic smell and the few questionable ingredients. I would suggest it to those with dry, sensitive skin with acne flare ups or to those who want something gentle and do not apply makeup on a daily or regular basis.

Love love love, I always come back to this, it will not remove makeup so u need to do that before hand but as a skin cleanser it's fantastic! Leaves my skin clean and smoooth and I follow up with the spectro hydra care moisturizer for blemish prone skin. I'm not exactly blemish prone but I can't use anything to active or with a Long ingredient list. This is it for me. HG