Spectro Spectro Jel Cleanser for Blemish-Prone Skin (Fragrance Free)

Spectro Spectro Jel Cleanser for Blemish-Prone Skin (Fragrance Free)
No Title

4.1

Aqua, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Hydroxypropyl Methocellulose, Polysorbate 20, Cetyl Alcohol (moisturizer), Hydrated Silica, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Diazolidinyl Urea, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Sorbitan Oleate.

on 9/16/2016 8:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Finding a non-irritating, non-drying, non-clogging cleanser has been the bane of my existence lately. This is the only one I've tried that finally ticks all three boxes which is miraculous. I have oily skin that is hypersensitive and prone to clogged pores and perioral dermatitis, as well as dehydration. This is a no-frills, non-foaming gel that is fragrance free and rinses clean without leaving my skin feeling tight. The texture and performance reminds me a lot of Fresh Soy and Glossier Milky Jelly cleansers, but without the irritation that unfortunately resulted from both. I use it as my regular cleanser both in the morning and at night after removing makeup and/or sunscreen with Bioderma Sensibio H2O or a cleansing oil. Absolutely perfect for me and despite being a bit pricey to get in the states (I've only been able to find it on Amazon for $20ish), I will absolutely continue to purchase now that my quest for my dream cleanser has ended!

on 6/13/2016 10:10:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HG status!! I have been using this product for many many years (over 15) and it's the only facial cleanser that I truly trust. It's a gentle cleanser that keeps my face feeling thoroughly clean and does not break me out or irritate my skin. It has a gel like consistency and does not lather - but a little goes a long way. This one in particular is fragrance free which I love. Overall its a no frills type of cleanser but it really does get the job done and keep my break outs at bay. Note, that this product does not remove make up, so it's important to double cleanse by using a cleanser that will remove make up first (I recommend Boscia Make-Up break up cooling cleansing oil).

To Read all 153 Reviews, Login or Join

on 6/7/2016 10:00:00 AM

This review might be a little premature as I only started using this last night, but WOW! I have really been sleeping on this.

My skin: oily t-zone, clogged pores on my nose and chin, normal/dry cheeks (depending on the season). I don't have traditional breakouts (i.e. painful whiteheads), but sometimes my skin freaks out causing me to break out with little red pimples on my forehead/temple area.

Recently, my skin had been going through one of these funks due to the seasonal change into hot weather. It was overall dull with red spots on my forehead and temples. My co-worker recommended this so I purchased and used it last night and when I woke up this morning my skin was 90% clearer! It was a miracle product for me. In addition to calming down my break out, my skin is soft and glowing today. For ~$8 CAD it is truly worth a try!

Quick background: my skin is oily on my forehead, nose, inner cheeks, and chin, which then also means visible pores that are easily clogged (leading to breakouts). The rest of my skin is normal to dry. I have a little rosacea at the centre of my face, and I'm very fair. I looked for a cleanser for what seemed like forever that wouldn't irritate my skin or clog my pores. I tried so many and every single one clogged my pores. This cleaner is seriously a God-send, and if you have skin like mine I highly recommend this. It's gentle, but it makes your skin baby-bottom soft and cleans your pores right out. I have seen a vast improvement in my skin since starting this (been using for about a month now), and I saw amazing results in the first week. My skin is clean, my pores aren't clogged and appear smaller, my breakouts are gone, my irritation bumps have disappeared, my skin is sooo soft, and my overall skin tone has evened out. This probably doesn't work for everyone, but I'm so happy it does for me! It's worth a try, girls!

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I have always used this on and off since I was 14 (now 26) for the dry winter months when my skin is lacking moisture. I naturally have normal skin with slight dryness that turns to very dry in the winter. It is a good product for ph balance and getting rid of dirt/oil. It does not remove makeup. I use coconut oil to remove all my eye and face makeup, rinsing and oiling twice. I follow up with this on a Japanese facial sponge (kojak?) to get rid of any remaining makeup and dirt through exfoliation. This product actually works better as a gentle morning cleanser when you aren't wearing makeup. In the summer I switch to one of my favourite foaming washes such as La Roche Posay, Vichy or Cerave and follow up with Spectro for ph balance and to add back stripped moisture from the foam wash. All in all a great product for sensitive, dry or maturing skin. The downfall is the clinical, alcoholic smell and the few questionable ingredients. I would suggest it to those with dry, sensitive skin with acne flare ups or to those who want something gentle and do not apply makeup on a daily or regular basis.

Love love love, I always come back to this, it will not remove makeup so u need to do that before hand but as a skin cleanser it's fantastic! Leaves my skin clean and smoooth and I follow up with the spectro hydra care moisturizer for blemish prone skin. I'm not exactly blemish prone but I can't use anything to active or with a Long ingredient list. This is it for me. HG

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have used Spectro way before the cetaphil/cerave craze. I first got introduced to it by my dermatologist when I was 15 and started using it to wash my face when I had no makeup on. Nowadays I wear makeup during the day so I cannot use it for my night routine but recently, I had a period of very sensitive, wind chafed and over exfoliated skin and decided to go back to Spectro. The foaming cleansers I had were all too stripping for my aggravated skin. I used a super simple skincare routine for two weeks and my skin went back to normal: Spectro, Kohakuhada lotion and a thick layer of Avene XeraCalm AD Balm.

Now I use Spectro in the morning to remove the excess oil on my nose and forehead, plus its plush gel formula makes my skin more moist, which helps everything else-skincare, sunscreen, makeup-to adhere more easily to my skin later. I got a huge bottle from costco for the normal size's price and I'm so glad I have my trusty gentle cleanser with me once more.

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

I went to the doctor for my acne and she gave me a sample of this cleanser. I have to say I also started taking an antibiotic and using Differin, but I am very happy with the product. It cleans well but doesn't dry out my skin. I love that it is in this large bottle with a pump, I find it really convenient and well priced. Will definitely continue to purchase!

on 10/27/2015 7:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I have mixed feelings about this product. On one hand, I love it because it leaves my skin feeling so clean and soft and it definitely made a huge difference in my skin. It didn't break me out and whatever existing blemishes I already had left a lot quicker. However, I am left with a lot of hyper-pigmentation and this product does nothing to help it. Also, one look at the ingredients is enough to make you cringe and want to never ever put it on your face again: it's full of alcohols and parabens, not exactly the most sensible or natural kind of formula. Plus, I hate the smell! It smells like rubbing alcohol which is kinda repulsive. Overall I give this product a solid 4 because I can't deny the major improvements I saw in my acne, but I probably won't be repurchasing once I run out because the alcohols only worsen my dry and sensitive skin and I do not feel comfortable using such ingredients long-term. I'll probably only repurchase if my skin gets major flare-ups again to do damage control before switching to a more natural and moisturizing alternative.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I originally bought the spectro gel cleanser for combination skin and after using it for a week I broke out horrendously. I found out that the one I purchased had a clump of black mould in it and because I didn't keep my receipt I could only exchange for different bottle. So instead I got this blemish prone cleanser and in one use (with the moisturizer) it cleared away half of the acne cause by the black mould. Will repurchase!! 😍