Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Plump Perfect - Perfect Bare

No Image

1 review

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Apparently, Allure's cover of Britney Spears got a few of us running in search of EA's Ceramide l/s in Perfect Ginger lol ;-). (Which, for the record, is a whole lot more orangey-peach than I had expected ... so I picked up Perfect Bare instead.)

Perfect Bare is a peachy pink shade (but leaning more toward the peach side, on my pigmented lips, anyhow) that is laced with gold. It is even more beautiful when applied than I had hoped for -- the color and the hint of gold are more apparent when applied. In the tube, it just looks like a nice neutral. For a peek of it in action, I do have a pic of myself wearing it in my profile (FFF/blue eyes/auburn hair).

The last time I tried an EA l/s had to be years ago, and while the colors I had gotten (as GWPs) were pretty, I ended up ditching them because the texture was too dry/waxy, and there was a scent to them that didn't do right by me.

The Ceramide Plump Perfect l/s, however, is a totally different story. This l/s glides on effortlessly and feels like silk ... my lips, while they don't feel plumper, per se, do feel moisturized and very smooth. I'm really happy with the amount of time these lipsticks last, too -- I reapply throughout the day because, as a lipstick addict, it's in my nature to do so lol, but it's totally not necessary. The color lasted through eating and drinking, no problem at all -- there was still color left on my lips, and it didn't even look uneven. Niiiice.

The cost for this product is more than I normally like to shell out ($21.50, IIRC), but to be honest, this was well worth the investment. The product is fantastic, the casing is solid, and there is no scent to the l/s.

If only EA could break out of their "old lady" mold that seems to be attached to them, they might attract a younger crowd that could appreciate this underrated line -- there's a lot to be discovered here!