Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder - Creamy Natural

Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder - Creamy Natural

3.8

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: TITANIUM DIOXIDE, ZINC OXIDE. INACTIVE INGREDIENTS: MICA, TITANIUM DIOXIDE, BORON NITRIDE, ZINC STEARATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, LAUROYL LYSINE, CHLORPHENESIN, POTASSIUM SORBATE, RETINYL PALMITATE. MAY CONTAIN: IRON OXIDES

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I decided to try this after liking Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder so much. I thought the loose powder would be easier to apply than the pressed version. I didn't like this product at all. It laid on top of my skin and didn't blend well. I tried using a kabuki brush and a sponge, the brush gave the worst result. Using a sponge was very messy, product fell all over my lap as I applied it. Whether I used a primer, serum, or nothing on my skin before application, made no difference. It just didn't work well for me. To get good coverage I had to use a lot of powder and it didn't build well for me.

The packaging was not great. No way did it work to shake it onto the sifter lid, so messy and hard to load powder onto the brush/sponge. The domed lid of the powder worked okay but was fiddly. I tapped some product into the lid of my Rimmel Stay Matte powder to dip my sponge or brush into it, that worked best for applying.

It wasn't all bad though-def. didn't oxidize on my skin. Color was good. Coverage was light to medium. It's matte but not drying and I didn't get especially oily during the day. Not heavily scented. But I returned mine and am sticking with the pressed powder from now on.

I've used this for years and it's my all time favorite. Doesn't make my skin look orange ( unless I apply it heavily) and it's good at covering up redness/ acne.

on 5/7/2014 10:29:00 PM

IMO, this is the most gorgeous face powder I know of. I did bare minerals and ulta's version of minerals for a while, but they don't come close in the silky, almost creamy texture of this luxurious powder.
The coverage is buildable and very opaque.
The packaging is terrible, IMO chuck the brush and use your own. I used a flat top kabuki.
I've sort of given up on powders for the time being for my acne, it's just cleaner and my face reacts better to liquids than powders, but maybe someday I can use this again.

Okay, I have very mixed feelings on this powder. First of all, I love the powder, I have the lightest shade and feel that it really makes my skin look matte/airbrushed but not cakey. However, I wish the packaging was different. The lid won't stay on and there really is no way to get powder out and then dab off the excess. Also, the brush is nice but difficult to use. I love this powder and it does suit my acne prone skin, just wish it had better packaging.

on 4/3/2016 5:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Very nice and affordable foundation. Makes my skin look like porcelain.

on 2/24/2016 2:30:00 PM

Apply nicely, stays on nicely, color good. Packaging awkward and clumsy. No where to brush excess of brush and brush handle is too small, very awkward to handle.

on 6/28/2011 6:40:00 PM

I got the kit in creamy natural. I love it. I don't really use the pink highlighting concealer, or the correcting powder much, but I use the neautral concealer and powder foundation. I love it. It takes less time to do my makeup now. I alternate between that and my clinique or revlon. I have a few favorites. I ran out of the color of my sheer cover which I really like, but I like this about the same or more and it's a better price. I don't understand why people give so many bad reviews about the little brush. I use it and like it. To each their own. It doesn't break me out either, thank God!!!! It looks natural and covers very well.

on 5/30/2012 9:15:00 PM

This product makes me very sad, because it gave me the coverage and finish i wanted, but my skin did not seem to like it, because I broke out from it within the first 5 hours of usage. So for ratings, 5/5 for coverage and finish, as well as colour (i chose translucent medium and am nc20-25 in mac for reference), but only around a 2.5/5 for overall because It broke me out.
The price I paid for this, after taxes, was a little over $16. It seems pricey for a drug-store product, but you get 14g.

The packaging isnt the best, because it is quite bulky, but to me, the product is what counts. I think it may be the boron nitrite that messed up my skin (i'm not sure though, because i've never used a face product with this ingredient until now), but def i'm disapointed because after much searching I thought I had finally found my everyday foundation and powder.

The finishing is not completely matte, but not shinery or even dewy...i'd say something between matte and dewy, def a gorgeous finish. In terms of coverage, although I could still see my acne scars (without the use of my studio finish concealer or glamoflauge), it evened
out my skin and gave me a sort of airbrushed look (I applied it with my favorite brush, the ecotools bronzer brush). It did cake a tiny bit, but unless someone stares at you very closely, it is not noticeable.

I have combo oily/dry skin (oily t-zone, dry rest of the face) and as long as I moisturised, this powder did not stick to flakies or anything like that....ugh I wish it had worked for me. I will probably end up trying it again in a few days/weeks to make sure that it does break me out before I chuck this/give it away. It's a bit disappointing that PF would stated that it's "non-comedogenic" when it did break me and a few others out (I understand everyone's skin is different, but if it does break some people out, then it is not truly "non-comedogenic").

I still recommend this, but try it on a small area of your face first! Happy shopping :) (also, if you dont have the ecotools bronzer brush yet..GO GET THAT AT THE SAME TIME!!!!)

on 10/26/2013 7:34:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

On a whim I picked this up for a try even though I don't typically like powders. I grabed the pressed powder version of this product. The texture is very silky and goes on smoothly. I use a big fluffy powder brush as opposed to the brush that comes with it. It is quite shimmery in the pan but, it doesn't look as if I've thrown gliter all over my face when applied. It does help correct uneven skin tone/redness that still shows up when I wear a BB creme or very light fondation. I'm not raving about this powder but, it isn't as bad as other powders I've tried since it gives a nice finish and doesn't look cakey. The ony real issue I have with this product is the packaging. The pan as come unglued and now slides around/falls out when I use it.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I cant say that i didnt like this product, but it is neutral for me. Yes they are okay for my skin, but its just the same from other loose powder i have... I am looking something significant in a particular product, but this doesnt have any if it... And its kinda expensive.. I can buy a cheaper one with the same quality...