L'Oreal Curl Vive Shampoo

No Image

3.9

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

It works! My hair is no longer frizzy after I used this shampoo. It does curve my hair which is amazing! :D I like this shampoo

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I used this a few years ago. It didn't dry my hair out, but it also didn't make my curls look any better or reduce frizz. I gave the rest of the bottle to my mom, who has kind of wavy hair, and she said every time she used it her scalp itched for the rest of the day.

on 10/11/2004 9:14:00 PM

Well, I have naturally wavy hair and I also color/highlight it. I always switch my shampoo/conditioner so I don't get any buildup. I bought this duo one time when the store had 2/$4.00 special and I happen to have two $.75 off coupon. So, it was really cheap and I figured what the heck.
I first started using it after my first highlight in 8 years or so and at first it made my hair really coarse and hard. (This may have something to do with the damages to my hair due to the highlighting). But I didn't want to throw it away, so I kept using it and now it's great! My hair isn't as frizzy as it used to be, and actually it's much softer and more manageable. I can comb through without any tangles. As for the scent, I don't particularly like it, but it's not so bad that I won't use this product again. The only complaint I have it, the way the shampoo cap is designed, I can't tilt it upside down when I have little bit left over, I have to lean it against something. But again, it's not enough of a reason for me not to buy this again.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Even though I don't have curly hair, I bought this anyways. This is a nice and thick moisturizing shampoo for my bleached hair. I usually use this when I am shampooing the bleach itself out of my hair. The only con is the bottle top, it can be a struggle to open in the shower. However, I really like this and I would buy this again.

on 10/30/2004 9:49:00 PM

Un-uh, I would never venture to buy this again. I was attracted to the product for its price and great reviews on this site. I thought it really dried my hair out and did not encourage any curls in my wavy hair, nor make the waves any more defined, I get that from braiding it. The flip top is also very cumbersome to use in the shower, but the only redeeming thing about this is the lovely smell. Hmmm, think I'll use it as a bubble bath and stick with my beloved Biolage Normalizing Shampoo. Oh, the Curl Vive does claim to reduce frizz by 95%, BS, it actually made mine worse.

on 11/25/2004 10:23:00 PM

I first bought this product 2 years ago and it worked great on my curly, thick hair. My hair now is healthier than it's ever been and when I tried this again today it did not do such a great job of moisturizing as before. Perhaps they changed the formula? Also, I noticed it has sodium lauryl sulfate--why such a harsh detergent for fragile, curly hair????

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I'm probably on my 5th bottle of this stuff. I try others, but I keep coming back to this shampoo.

I've got an oily scalp and my hair is not dry or damaged. I've got naturally wavy/curly hair and am prone to frizz. I've got very thick hair that ranges in texture from fine to course. It's easily weighed down by any thing too moisturizing.

I don't really think this reduces frizz much nor does it enhance my wavy sections to curls. What it does is clean my hair without stripping it, leaves no tangles (I don't comb or brush my hair so this is a plus), and doesn't weight it down or make it greasy looking.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

You don't need curly hair to use this. It gives slippery, silky tresses and the yummy smell lingers. I do, however, find that on my no-wash day my hair is quite flat (I have the lovely combination of oily scalp/dry hair....aren't you jealous?) But this is great for flyaway-free, fabulous hair! By the way, it's full of silicones (some people hate 'cones) I for one prefer my shampoo to be silicone free (but bring 'em on in my other products *evil grin*)! If you like cone/smoothing products, this is GREAT!!

This is the only drugstore shampoo for color-treated hair that works for me. If I ever need to save money, I buy this stuff. It mousterizes my hair well enough and does seem good for the color. The smell is nice and clean, and I like the bottle shapes.

My favorite thing about this is the scent! It also made my hair really smooth and friz-free ( I have straight hair) and the scent lasts just enough to smell during the day

Popular Shampoos