69%
package quality

price range

Reviews

9 years ago

I like this color. its a dark dark navy and great for evening.

About reviewer (198 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Cool

HairBrunette, Relaxed, Fine

EyesHazel

3.0

10 years ago

Try as I might, I just can't get this to work very well. Such a pretty dark purple with a blue, almost duotone effect in the pan, but almost nada on the eyes, just a slightly purple-grey. And that's with some layering involved. I've even tried this over a purple base, and it just doesn't show up the way I want it to. The Deluxe shadow line from Urban Decay has two dark purple shades, Frigid and Freakshow, and mixing the two a bit gets close to the color I wanted Thunder to be, but of course, that's more of a hassle. It's a shame, but I can see this going into a Back2MAC stash eventually. I simply don't use it enough and won't miss it when it's gone.

About reviewer (383 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Tan, Warm

HairBlack, Other, Medium

EyesBlack

from

10 years ago

MAC Thunder .. Oye .. this shadow leaves me feeling conflicted every time I use it! It's absolutely stunning in the pan ... a gorgeous fusion of deep purple and blue with subtle shimmer. What I love about this is how it looks in the pan, what I hate about it, is how it doesn't transfer to the same striking color once applied. On it's own, this shadow fails to impress. It just ends up looking smokey without anything really distinguishing or memorable about it. This is a shadow I have to layer with .. either a darker true purple underneath that I use this to add shimmer and dimension to, or a deeper matte navy ... otherwise, this just ends up applying like a softer difused black. Not one i can see repurchasing or even finishing unfortunately. Not a must have, but interesting to have on hand for layering purposes.

About reviewer (1078 reviews)

SkinNormal, Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

2.0

12 years ago

I agree with Mayrei on this one! I just bought this. I though I’d really like it. I thought it would be a blue I could actually wear. Nooo. It is pretty in the pan, but on me it is like a matte grayish dark blue mess. It hardly even shows up! I couldn’t use a bristle eye shadow brush. That did NOTHING; just a wimpy wash of color. I had to use a foam applicator, and then it came out ok, but still sheer. Maybe I should try it with a primer or something, but the color would still probably look icky me.

About reviewer (477 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairRed, Wavy, Medium

EyesGreen

12 years ago

I just LOVE the colour of this...but...it vanishes after only a couple of hours unless I build it over something else (I like it on top of Smut or Deep Truth) - boo! I keep using it though as it's the only purplish shadow I've ever come across that doesn't end up pinkish/reddish once it's on. I also love that it's not sheeny but not completely matt either - yum.

About reviewer (70 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair

HairBlond

EyesBlue

3.0

12 years ago

The color is pretty, purplish and shimmery in the packaging. It's unique (in a good way) and makes my hazel eyes appear really green. When applied, it appears a lot darker and much more matte. I need to layer this over things in order to achieve desired results. When applied wet, the pigment is a lot brighter and better. This eyeshadow is ideal for experimenting with layering. It changed my liquid black eyeliner to a shimmery blue. Play around with it. Just don't expect it to look exactly like it does in the pot when applied directly to your lids.

About reviewer (17 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination

EyesHazel

2.0
from

12 years ago

Maybe I got a bad batch or I'm doing something wrong.... this looks like purplish-grey mud on me. No matter how I apply it... wet, dry, with a brush, with a sponge applicator.... it looks streaky, uneven, and muddy. It's a nightmare to blend. It's not shimmery or duochrome on me, either. It looks duochrome in the pan, and on my finger if I pull up a LOT of the product, but I can't get it heavy enough on my eyes to see anything interesting, and by the time I was done trying, I looked like I'd been punched in both eyes. This is my first MAC eyeshadow, so I'm very disappointed. Maybe I should stick to pigments.

About reviewer (100 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Curly, Medium

12 years ago

when I saw this eyeshadow for first time at the counter in the pot, it didnt really appeal to me and I thought, well I have already loads of purples from MAC, so I got enough of them. I then visited the counter another day in the week and I saw one of the MA was wearing this extremelly gorgeous eyeshadow, and I asked about it and this was it! I bought it straight away and I always get compliments when I wear it, today about 4-5 people commented on how gorgeous it was! plus this colour make my brown eyes look amber, get this eyeshadow while its in stock because one day you will see someone wearing it, fall in love and it wont be available anymore ;) for your information this eyeshadow is a beautiful purple that flashes blue, its amazing on my eyelids and I usually pair it with pink pearl pigment (or stars and rockets eyeshadow that is not discontinued and its about the same) and some blacktrack fluidline.

About reviewer (18 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

12 years ago

I had to have this shade after seeing the rave reviews here. When I swatched it at the counter, it was kinda average, nothing too exciting. But it's sooo amazing when it's on my lids. I see mostly purple, with some flashes of blue. It's also gorgeous when topped with Cumulus (from the same Blue Storm collection). You have to check this out while it's still available.

About reviewer (126 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

12 years ago

OH...MY...GOD.... This is the most beautiful eyeshadow I think I've ever seen. I put it on over royal hue shadestick and used the raven kohl power and I can't stop looking at myself lol. I have quite a bit of the smoke signals/blue storm lines, more than I thought I'd buy anyway, but this is my fav by far! It an undescribable, BEAUTIFUL color. I'm brown hair/brown eyes/medium toned skin for reference.

About reviewer (186 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium