Kuumba Made Persian Garden

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Kuumba Made Persian Garden

4.6

on 8/22/2017 8:42:00 PM

I love this stuff. It's not really what I would imagine something called "Persian Garden" to smell like, but it's enjoyable nonetheless. It's a slightly floral white amber fragrance that smells warm and soft on the skin. It's very similar to Nemat's Amber oil, but I find that I prefer Persian Garden as it doesn't have that strange slightly plasticky note that sometimes come through with Nemat, and instead has a far more natural floral quality at its core that makes it more interesting scent-wise.

It's a soft scent, but it does get noticed. I find that I get anosmic to the perfume after wearing it for a while, but others can detect it long after I think it's gone. It's a 'clean' scent, but not at all soapy or scratchy in nature. Persian Garden is cozy, natural, and very pretty. It stays close to the skin but trails nicely behind you.

This oil layers beautifully with many other fragrances!

on 9/19/2016 11:27:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Basically, Kuumba Made's Persian Garden is the scent of *White Amber* -- and smells just like Nemat Amber oil (defined as "white amber" at nematinternational.com, where I ordered mine).

I have both Nemat Amber oil plus KM Persian Garden, plus other oils labeled "White Amber" that I've bought at African kiosks in malls. They all smell the same. *White Amber* is actually more of a white musk than a true amber.

*White amber* doesn't smell deep & brown & rich, like we think of amber. IMHO, it's really a white musk, with a little bit of a light peppery woodiness added to it. I consider it more in the white musk category than amber -- it's a woody white musk. Very skin-like and sensuous.

Last night on "E! Live on the Red Carpet" (before the 2016 Emmys), actress Kristen Bell told Giuliana Rancic (in response to her inquiry) that she was wearing "Amber Oil" that she buys at Whole Foods in a little bottle for $9. She didn't say which brand, but I'm willing to bet that Kristen was wearing Nemat Amber Oil (= white amber).

If your Whole Foods doesn't carry Nemat (ours doesn't; I ordered mine from nematinternational.com), then Kuumba Made's Persian Garden is basically that same "white amber" fragrance. Also, Auric Blends "Love" is Egyptian Musk + White Amber, and our Whole Foods carries both those brands. I've also read in the past that Kristen Bell likes Jovan White Musk (Trisha Yearwood too), and IMHO Nemat Amber oil (white amber) is in the white musk family -- just a bit woodier.

I've always loved musks and have many -- including all of the "white ambers" mentioned above. I'm wearing my Nemat Amber oil right now, inspired by Kristen at the Emmy Awards last night. A very nice scent indeed -- down-to-earth, warm, natural, & sensual!

See my review of Nemat Amber oil from two years ago where I mentioned a coworker approaching my desk and urgently asking me what I was wearing -- the only time she's ever asked me -- and it was Nemat Amber oil. To me, Kuumba Made's Persian Garden (and to a lesser degree Auric Blends Love) smells pretty much the same -- all are white amber.

on 3/22/2015 6:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

For the life if me, I cannot smell anything. Maybe something is wrong with my nose. Although, I can smell Egyptian Goddess just fine. Disappointing. :(

on 5/2/2012 12:40:00 PM

Kuumba Made Oils cannot be beat for the price. These tiny oils are TOP QUALITY. I am always astounded by the sensory kick I get opening such a teensy roll on bottle. Persian Garden is on the short list of my favorite Kuumba scents. It is light yet pungent. A scent that defines the word "clean". This oil is rich and thick, there is nothing powdery about this oil. It actually leans towards the exotic. It's a sensual scent that warms up with your body temperature. I've caught my boyfriend using it. He won't confess if it's because he likes the scent or because he likes the reminder of the scent on me. Either way it's a wonderful unisex oil and I love that we share it!

on 3/30/2012 1:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Lasts all day, and even after I shower I can still smell it.
It smells sophisticated, unique and just lovely.
This guy I'm dating commented saying I smell really good, and that was the first time I wore the oil when we hung out!

A little expensive, but it's worth it and a little goes a long way.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I really love the way this scent smells and it lasts a long time on me. I can still smell it the next day and I often rub it into my hair. What I like about it is that it's not perfumy, as others have mentioned. It is great for the office where you can't really wear an overpowering scent, because it smells very natural. To me, the sent is almost sensual. It's tiny enough to keep in my purse all the time, and even though you don't get much for the price, it does last awhile.

on 3/29/2009 9:42:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I have been searching my ENTIRE LIFE for a fragrance like this!!!! Clean, but not soapy, floral, but not too rosy, delicate, but lasting, and gentle without prissy. SO phenomenal, I came across it by accident in the health food store, and have ignored every other perfume in my collection since. This goes beyond HG territory. It is far and away the one fragrance I would wear for the rest of my life if I had to choose just one.

on 1/9/2009 1:01:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm in love with this stuff. It's like a soft, woody skin musk, without sweetness. This is clean, yet sensual, giving the impression your skin is just emanating this subtle aura. The scent seems rather faint, it's hard to smell on myself, but I have received compliments on it hours later when I couldn't smell it at all, so it probably lingers more than I think. I do believe a generic version of this scent is called Amber White. I have Nemat International's Amber (White) and it smells nearly identical to this (I love it just as much, but would repurchase Persian Garden simply because I prefer the roll-on bottle).

These Kuumba Made perfumes can be found at most Whole Foods stores for $7.99. I have also purchased their Black Coconut and Pikaki Lei, both of which I also think are superb.

on 1/6/2009 3:44:00 PM

My HG perfume and if they ever stop making it i will die. I have a very sensitive nose and am really particular about what i can wear. Most fragrances on me, even if i like it in the bottle, will give me a horrible headache or nauseate me after i have had it on for awhile. This stuff is amazing. Its light and most of the time i cant even smell it on myself during the day, but if i get a good whiff of it on my clothes or my bedding, I remember why i love it so much. Even though i dont notice it on myself after awhile during the day, EVERYONE else can smell it and I cant tell u how many compliments ive gotten and people wanting to know where to get it. I have sampled a few of their other fragrances, and to be fair, they could be wonderful, but they all gave me a headache and made we need to shower immediately to get the smell off, Thats just my nose though and I hate about 95% of the fragrances out there. I cant even go into BBW anymore without feeling sick and getting a headache. The large bottle of kuumba made scents lasts quite a long time but is not cheap. I pay $80 for a large bottle but it lasts me pretty long. Honestly, i would probably pay more for it if i had to as i now consider it my signature scent and definitely my HG

Popular Fragrances