Kuumba Made Persian Garden

3.5

on 3/10/2017 7:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

After smelling this on a co-worker I had to know what she was wearing - she said Persian Garden oil from Whole Foods, and the rest was history. I picked this up for about $11 plus tax, and have been wearing it everyday since! To me, as other reviewers mentioned, this is a musky, white amber fragrance (not what I had in mind when I read Persian Garden) that just smells slightly sweet, feminine and clean (but not scrubbed dry with laundry detergent clean). I often don't smell this on myself after a few hours of wear, but have been told that others can still smell me when in close proximity. I will most definitely repurchase for the price and quality, and the packaging is so convenient that I can just slip it in my bag and not worry about it!

BOO! I am so disappointed. I read all the rav reviews, made a special trip to Whole Foods (always looking for a "reason" to go there, ha!), trotted over to the beauty section, dropped a few dots of this oil on my arm and......drum roll.....NOTHING! As a previous reviewer said, it smelled like nothing. I could smell a faint scent on the tester wand, but once I put it on there was no smell at all. Now, fast forward three hours and I can smell a tiny, tiny bit of soapiness but that is about it. I was so looking forward to liking this. If only I could actually smell it.
**UPDATE**** The next morning when I woke up, I kept smelling something so soft and yummy....it was the arm I put this oil on! And even after showering I could still get a faint smell of it. Seems like it takes a loooong time to smell on my skin but when it does it is pleasant and lasts awhile!

on 11/7/2008 9:17:00 PM

I couldn't smell anything at all the first time I tried this on, although others who were present could. The second time, just barely detected a scent. The third time, it was sweet and fresh, well worth trying again. Very springlike.

on 8/6/2008 10:07:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is my "ghost" fragrance. If my house has a perfume ban this is what I can wear to get away with wearing perfume (because honestly, if I don't wear perfume I feel naked). I bought this roll-on unsniffed, and the first time I took a whiff I actually thought they sent me just a clear liquid in a bottle. It was very hard to detect, but eventually I sensed a green leafy floral type of...something. Cannot for the life of me actually say what the scent is, but it just is. Comes and goes as it pleases but stays extremely green, fresh, and morning-dew like when it makes an appearance. Very good, but very fleeting.

Popular Fragrances